Sign in to follow this  
brownmagic

Otis IS a financially savvy GM!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

Okay, Rashard Lewis was a great signing. The Head Coach, Hedo Turkoglu, Dwight Howard, Otis Smith, Matt Goukas, and I all agree. He is the number 1 reason why we went from the eighth seed to be hosting a game this sunday. Did we pay him a lot? Yeah of course we did but didn't it pay off? Basketball is a team sport, going from about the worst three-point shooting team to the SECOND-BEST ALL TIME is pretty significant. Thank you Rashard. Going from a 40 win team to a 52 win team is something good. Thanks again Sweet Lou. Hedo having an all-star type year because you are willing to score less only to work harder on the defensive is pretty nice. TYVM 'Shard. I can keep going but it seems repetitive.

The Magic go from being offensively inept to the Best in the East and all you can do is criticize our offseason transaction? Seems exceptionally stupid if you ask me and pretty darn ignorant.

And yeah this entire thread is flawed because we are in the final years of Jameer's and Dwight's rookie contracts so by letting the others expire we are going to be in about the same boat next season, a few million over the cape and no it won't "go through the roof with the extensions kicking in."

And a question for you JonBoy418, Sign and Trades are performed with RFAs and you can never be sure that Seattle wouldn't be willing to pay 15 million a year for Rashard Lewis...so we would be on this message board complaining about how stupid Otis was not doing a sign and trade...would we not?

we would have improved greatly regardless of rashard. thats your first big mistake.

secondly, lets see if you keep kissing their arses beyond this season when the torment of his contract sets in.

also, i could have put together just as good if not better team with equal or less money, as long as i had dwight.

finally, seattle made it publicly clear that they had no interest in retaining rashard lewis. not only that, but they also gave away ray allen for junk, and jeff green. obviously they didnt want anyone that was remotely expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

give me just dwight i'll form a better team for $20mill less than otis did

I'll do it for 25 million less. Rahsard alone would accomplish that.

quote:
Originally posted by I Rasharted:

Also, anyone on this board, including SPED Danny, could run an NBA franchise better than Otis. This despite having no connections, experience, or even a vague familiarity of how running a franchise works.

Get a grip.

Are you referring to Otis' qualifications prior to signing with RDV?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

we would have improved greatly regardless of rashard. thats your first big mistake.

Can you tell me how you know this? Please?

I'm sure Charlotte thought they were going to improve after acquiring Jason Richardson. I'm sure the Knicks thought they were going to improve after acquiring Zach Randolph. Shall I go on? Look how those predictions worked out.

Unless you're a prophet, anybody who says "We would have been better" is clearing just stating an opinion.

Come on give Mr. Smith some praise here, we have a great record, and are the 3 seed in playoffs, and have consistently improved under his tenure. Are you guys drunk??? Of course you could not do a better job than Mr. Smith has. You can't even get considered for the position he holds. Please. There are 12 GM's in the eastern conference that said the same thing as you, and they have way better credentials than you, and guess what!!! They didn't do a better job than Mr. Smith.

Congradulations Mr. Smith!!!

Mr. Smith has a two year window to see if this team plus a couple low draft choices and MLE's can deliver a championship. After that, we will rely specifically on a digressing Shard, an increasingly frustrated Dwight, an overhyped Jameer and a ragged Battie to carry this franchise with the addition of whatever other 11 players he can fill the roster with a mega strapped cap situation.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Also, anyone on this board, including SPED Danny, could run an NBA franchise better than Otis. This despite having no connections, experience, or even a vague familiarity of how running a franchise works.

Get a grip.

Are you referring to Otis' qualifications prior to signing with RDV?

Nope, I'm not talking about a former player that worked his way up. I'm talking about you. And SPED Danny.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Mr. Smith has a two year window to see if this team plus a couple low draft choices and MLE's can deliver a championship. After that, we will rely specifically on a digressing Shard, an increasingly frustrated Dwight, an overhyped Jameer and a ragged Battie to carry this franchise with the addition of whatever other 11 players he can fill the roster with a mega strapped cap situation.

Really though Smack, to be fair, Rashard isn't the type of player that relies on his athleticism. That is NOT to say that Rashard is devoid of athleticism, but certainly one of the biggest criticisms of Rashard is that he doesn't utilize his explosiveness around the basket. On the same token, this should improve his longevity.

quote:

Nope, I'm not talking about a former player that worked his way up. I'm talking about you. And SPED Danny.

I can promise you that Otis wishes he was as well qualified to accept that GM position as I am currently.

Are you even familiar with Otis' resume? Or, like most other members of this board, are you just speaking out of your arse?