Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Otis is now open to trading J.J. (Sentinel, update pg. 2)

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

I don't think you're going to see Otis doing anything. He says he'll trade Redick but I don't think he'll pull the trigger. Dooling is gone and he'll resign Carlos.

Arn Tellem is the 2nd most powerful man in the NBA behind Stern. That's all that really need to be said about JJ's situation.

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

so Tellem is the scott borass or drew rosenthaul of the nba?

In all seriousness, Tellem has more power than those guys do. Boras is probably in that league however. But, I think Leigh Stienberg is significantly more powerful than Rosenhaus.

I have a feeling Carlos will get the boot and Dooling stays. If we opt not to go for Magette then we should def keep Bogans. Things have been working out well lately I think with Dooling playing the 2 guard behind Evans and Bogans. It seems that in the last games, Evans played probably the first 8 minutes of the game, then Bogans came in for the rest of the 1st quarter and a few minutes of the second quarter, then Dooling checked in for him and played for most of the second, with Evans relieving him at the end of the second quarter, or Dooling sliding over to point.

Magette is a great player but I don't really seem him fitting on this team. He could play the 2, but his natural position is SF, and we already have one SF playing out of position on this team. I know Battie is coming back but I would still like to see us get a nice, big, brusing PF to make us a force on the inside even more than we are now.

Is there any way we can keep Dooling backing up at the 2, Carlos backing up at the 1, and get rid of Bogans? I sure wish.

Because Dooling sucks at the point, but there's nothing Bogans can do that Dooling can't. Except shoot the 3 with more consistency.

As far as Otis, he sucks at drafting effectively and he wastes expiring contracts. As far as free agents he got Rashard, but he wasted Grant, wasted Darko, and it's very likely he'll end up wasting Dooling or Carlos, if not both when he could of traded THEM before the deadline. But I think it's fair to say the guy can TRADE. It's the one thing he can do. He just doesn't do it enough is his problem.

I need to re-adress our big man situation... after last night, Gortat is definitely in the conversation!

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Dwight can't go anywhere until like 2050....He will be pissed for a little bit, get over it and then be a professional...

that's like saying that if Kobe and Kwame where best buddies, the lakers would have passed on trading for Gasol because they where best friends...that's High School stuff...these guys are pro players...

I really think Dooling, Bogans and JJ will be moved...or not resigned....

Remember Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley? Steve Francis was never the same again.............

You guys....Corey Maggette is a Small forward and not a shooting guard. Please.......stop thinking that. As mentioned above, we have two Small forwards in the starting lineup but we definitely don't need three of them taking up one another's spots on the floor.

I say we trade JJ for a higher draft pick that won't play and will end up being trade. Wait... Doesn't that sound...Nevermind. Do it.