Sign in to follow this  
Stone_Temple_Kiwi

Players want Hill out

Orlando Magic General Manager Otis Smith on Wednesday discredited an item in the recent issue of ESPN The Magazine that said players unanimously wanted Coach Brian Hill replaced and that Hill has a poor relationship with Dwight Howard.

"It's not true," Smith said.

An item in a notes column next to writer Chris Broussard's "NBA Insider" read, "Despite Magic GM Otis Smith's vow to keep Coach Brian Hill, the players are unanimous in wanting him gone. Hill's relationship with star Dwight Howard turned irrevocably sour, a source says, when the coach told his center not to be late for the Monday practice after All-Star Weekend."

Smith told the Sentinel in late February that Hill would return next season and was expected to fulfill his contractual obligations (through the 2008-09 season). He said "nothing has changed" in the Magic's view of Hill. About Hill's relationship with Howard, Smith said, "I don't see anything there. I was on that plane with Dwight back from Las Vegas [site of the all-star game]."

Milicic isn't all he can be

Power forward Darko Milicic was asked whether he were happy with his season -- the most games he has played in the NBA in one season -- and the answer was no. "Not really," he said. Milicic, who can become a restricted free agent at the end of the season, intimated that the Magic haven't utilized all his skills this season. "I don't blame nobody," he said. "I think they can use me more, and I can give the team more. But it's been good because in Detroit, I never played. I hope that we can get together with Otis [smith] after the season and get something worked out and stay here.''

Raptors' Bosh: Take me

Toronto's Chris Bosh didn't hesitate too long when he was asked who he thought a GM would take -- between him and Howard -- if he was starting a new team. "I like Dwight. He's a great guy, but I'd have to pick myself,'' Bosh said with a sly smile. "Dwight would go second.''

'Mental grind' is tough

Rookie shooting guard J.J. Redick has played in 37 games -- basically the equivalent of a college season. While the NBA season wears on the body, Redick said: "The NBA is more of a mental grind because of all the travel."

Orlando Magic General Manager Otis Smith on Wednesday discredited an item in the recent issue of ESPN The Magazine that said players unanimously wanted Coach Brian Hill replaced and that Hill has a poor relationship with Dwight Howard.

"It's not true," Smith said.

An item in a notes column next to writer Chris Broussard's "NBA Insider" read, "Despite Magic GM Otis Smith's vow to keep Coach Brian Hill, the players are unanimous in wanting him gone. Hill's relationship with star Dwight Howard turned irrevocably sour, a source says, when the coach told his center not to be late for the Monday practice after All-Star Weekend."

Smith told the Sentinel in late February that Hill would return next season and was expected to fulfill his contractual obligations (through the 2008-09 season). He said "nothing has changed" in the Magic's view of Hill. About Hill's relationship with Howard, Smith said, "I don't see anything there. I was on that plane with Dwight back from Las Vegas [site of the all-star game]."

Milicic isn't all he can be

Power forward Darko Milicic was asked whether he were happy with his season -- the most games he has played in the NBA in one season -- and the answer was no. "Not really," he said. Milicic, who can become a restricted free agent at the end of the season, intimated that the Magic haven't utilized all his skills this season. "I don't blame nobody," he said. "I think they can use me more, and I can give the team more. But it's been good because in Detroit, I never played. I hope that we can get together with Otis [smith] after the season and get something worked out and stay here.''

Raptors' Bosh: Take me

Toronto's Chris Bosh didn't hesitate too long when he was asked who he thought a GM would take -- between him and Howard -- if he was starting a new team. "I like Dwight. He's a great guy, but I'd have to pick myself,'' Bosh said with a sly smile. "Dwight would go second.''

'Mental grind' is tough

Rookie shooting guard J.J. Redick has played in 37 games -- basically the equivalent of a college season. While the NBA season wears on the body, Redick said: "The NBA is more of a mental grind because of all the travel."

I guess if it's true about Orlando wanting hill out.We will see them mutiny against hill next season.Or all will be fine with no playoffs or an 8th seed again icon_frown.gif

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I want Adelman

Agreed, he will know how to deliver a better all around product!!!!!!!

By the way Fendi, I also give a thumbs up to Carlisle and Lambeer the Thumbs up. What the heck, let's give Kenny Smith some love here as well......well maybe just give him a look, his personal issues raise a lot of questions!!!!