Sign in to follow this  
~O~

"POST GAME REACTION": 89 Memphis Grizzlies @ 116 Orlando Magic Final

Thanks JD. Grizzlies, Lakers, and Officially Toronto are the teams I'm after to make game threads.

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

O-dub...

At the end of the game ...

Please change your thread name to the post game reaction thread ...

It's a thing I do to help the mods.

Got ya! icon_wink.gif

I wanted to start that thread but I wanted to see if the Magic were going to take at least one win against them. I'll start that next year I guess.

So the Mods don't want to sticky this huh......I'll get you mark.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

What could have been a 6 game win streak could shredded by the NBA referees who can't keep there whistles quiet when it come to this Orlando Magic team. It took Darko Milicic to finally give the referees something to remember. Its ashame to see Grant Hill of all protecting the referees instead of defending Darko's case.

The Magic love this kind of thought. It's not their fault their losing; it's the ref's fault !! Yeah, that's it !!!

Please.

Darko blatantly fouled Bosh, then acted like a child. I'm a Darko fan, but he has to grow up.

Quit making excuses for this team. The NBA refs are pretty bad, but they're bad for all teams. It's just the losers that use it for an excuse.

It will be interesting to see who guards Mike Miller in this game. Ariza comes to mind, but do we really want him that far from the basket? If he gets hot, does this open a door for Bogans to be given an opportunity to come in and try to shut him down? You know he would come out with high energy, because his legs are fresh and he has something to prove.

I expect a close game, but the Magic should win. Not sure they will, but they definitely should.

Calls on offensives fouls have gone against us and on the other side we have gotten blocking fouls.

Hedo Turkoglu getting armpited on the neck by Paul Pierce with a referee right in front of it! The call was an out of bounds and to the Celtics which forced a double overtime loss.

Then a bogus foul 1 game after that to get Ricky Davis the three point play. Then on the other side we have a Jameer fouled on a layup attempt. Forces overtime and the Magic lose again.

Then last night....one of the most worst nights in league history if you ask me in which this team was called out by the clandestine cult the referees have against this team. Bosh gets anything he desires. Bosh even gets fouled off condensation and the referees will still call the foul on a Magic player.

And don't make me mention that TREVOR ARIZA, our best defender, fouls out of the game!?!?!?

Don't you see? These referees our simply taking advantage of what their capabilities are. Referees know they are protected by something called the National Basketball Association which is not afraid of anyone involved in with the NBA a fine for talking trash about the referees. So they continue to do what they want!

Jeff Van Gundy would agree with me. "The Referees have some sort of secret vandetta against Yao and out team."

Instead of letting the play go on, the referees were whistle happy last night and giving the Raptors every opportunity to win at the free throw line!! I've even seen stints in which they blow inadvertently just to call something on our team!!!

Oh My God!! Isn't it obvious!

Agreed. You forgot to mention though that the raptors didn't make a FG in the last SEVEN MINUTES of the game! Seven minutes! 7:00! That's just ridiculous.

Bosh is the Dwyane Wade of big men.

Projected Matchup:

Memphis @ Orlando

Orlando Magic (34-41)

PG Jameer Nelson / 13.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg

SG Grant Hill / 14.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.1 apg

SF Hedo Turkoglu / 12.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.2 apg

PF Tony Battie / 6.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.4 apg

C Dwight Howard / 17.5 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 1.9 apg

jameer_nelson.jpggrant_hill.jpghedo_turkoglu.jpgtony_battie.jpgdwight_howard.jpg

Memphis Grizzlies (19-57)

PG Junior Harrington / 4.7 ppg., 2.4 rpg., 3.0 apg.

SG Rudy Gay / 10.9 ppg., 4.4 rpg., 1.3 apg.

SF Hakim Warrick / 12.7 ppg., 5.0 rpg., 0.9 apg.

PF Tarence Kinsey / 6.0 ppg., 1.6 rpg., 0.5 apg.

C Pau Gasol / 20.9 ppg., 9.7 rpg., 3.3 apg.

3657.jpgrudy_gay.jpghakim_warrick.jpgtarence_kinsey.jpgpau_gasol.jpg

----------

Coaching Matchup:

Brian Hill

30090.jpg

Regular Season: 292-314 (.482)

Postseason: 18-18

Experience: 9 years

Tony Barone

300276.jpg

Regular Season: 11-32 (.256)

Postseason: None

Experience: 1 years

---------

Amway Arena - Orlando, FL

apg_1145287600.jpg

---------

Season Series:

1-0 Memphis adv.

quote:
Darko blatantly fouled Bosh, then acted like a child. I'm a Darko fan, but he has to grow up.

I didn't see the way he acted, but I believe him acting like a so called child will make the Magic come out with a lot more passion and determination next game. Its probably the best thing that has happen to motivate them to be extra aggressive this coming up game. I said the other night they might lose to the grizzlies scoring +100. I see us ripping that team apart unless B.Hill well never mind I'm not going there.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

What could have been a 6 game win streak could shredded by the NBA referees who can't keep there whistles quiet when it come to this Orlando Magic team. It took Darko Milicic to finally give the referees something to remember. Its ashame to see Grant Hill of all protecting the referees instead of defending Darko's case.

The Magic love this kind of thought. It's not their fault their losing; it's the ref's fault !! Yeah, that's it !!!

Please.

Quit making excuses for this team. The NBA refs are pretty bad, but they're bad for all teams. It's just the losers that use it for an excuse.

It will be interesting to see who guards Mike Miller in this game. Ariza comes to mind, but do we really want him that far from the basket? If he gets hot, does this open a door for Bogans to be given an opportunity to come in and try to shut him down? You know he would come out with high energy, because his legs are fresh and he has something to prove.

I expect a close game, but the Magic should win. Not sure they will, but they definitely should.

Darko and Bosh were fighting over position and it was getting pretty physical, but I don't think that Darko should have been called with the foul the way the refs were calling the game. Darko got upset for the call and rightly so. The refs have been full of crap all season and he was sick and tired of it.

Acting like a child? I don't think so, he was responding to a B S call like his mentor Rasheed had taught him with the Pistons, to get his team fired up.

Darko and the rest of the team should be sick and tired of how the refs are treating them. We should all be.

Refs being bad and only the losers complaing? I don't agree witht that either. There have been games we won that we complained about the bad calls by the refs. The refs are just disrespectful towards the Magic.

New magic killer Tarrence Kinsey and Warrick mark my words.

BTW it was nice to see some fire with Darko. We need some one to bring fire to the team when they play poorly.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco:

New magic killer Tarrence Kinsey and Warrick mark my words.

BTW it was nice to see some fire with Darko. We need some one to bring fire to the team when they play poorly.

You called it but what I've seen from this team, its mostly Mike Miller and Pau Gasol.