Sign in to follow this  
bisayang dako

Time To See --- Or Showcase --- J.J. Redick - Brian Schmitz

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I've had people call me a conceded A-Hole.

That was me :-)

Oh yeah, well I told him he was loony and has lost all credibility. Beat that! ;-)

I also don't buy the argument that the Magic aren't playing him b/c they think he isn't good and that will hurt his trade value. They may not think that he is any good but they would have traded him then. If he wasn't any good it wouldn't help his value to have him sit on the bench. What value is that? His value was highest at the deadline.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Stan's philosophy is to use a 9 man rotation. This does not leave room to work an extra guy like JJ in for 10 minutes a game.

and a terrible one. The only consistency we get out of the starters are the 10+ nightly rebounds by Dwight.

Perhaps Otis sees JJ has talent but it's ultimately the coach who decides and Stan has decided not to get his bench ready to contribute.

Interesting that Phil Jackson had Cook sitting down and gave Ariza minutes asap. Here Stan has sat down Ariza and played Cook...

Stan is Stan so yes it's probably best for JJ, Gortat and Augustine all get traded. There's no hope for them under this coach.

also maybe the point of all these so-called "annoying" JJ threads is so whoever from the Magic that might read them gets the point

A good number of fans think he's talented and obviously enjoy when he plays, even more than some of the "core guys of the future" the Magic cluelessly push to advertise the team.

Well, the Raptors have a problem similar than ours at the point guard position. With the return of TJ Ford, he has created havoc in the team demanding with his game playing time again. Last night, for the second time he started a game (regardless the reasons why...). How about if we make a trade that involves JJ, either Arroyo or Jameer, and maybe Gortat, for lets say Garbajosa and TJ? This is just food for thought. I don't know anything about the caps, etc. Just seeding an idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Did you read that in ""My Philosophy Book" by Stan Van Gundy?

LOL hes said that once or twice in post game news conferences. That hed like to settle into a 9 or 10 man rotation.

I think it has more to do with 2 players in front of him than the overall numbers of players in the rotation. 48 minutes is hard to divide between 3 players & produce any consistency.