Originally posted by andie:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

quote:

You're right. You got me.

I wish I could kick JJ's dog square in the teeth, and then pull JJ's hair out so all the girls didn't think he was so d@mn pretty. Then I would tell him how fat and ugly I thought his mother was, and how his dad must be ashamed to have raised such a c0cky little kid.

After all that, I would pay for an entire section of season tickets with a banner hanging over all the empty seats that read "JJ is Redickulous". That should help reduce the amount of applause he gets with 45 seconds left in the game when he checks in.

If that didn't deliver the point, I would sneak into the player parking lot and spray paint his vehicle UNC blue and add a "#7 BUST" license plate as my final touch.

Smack-It's time you grew up and stopped acting like a 14 year old.

And it's time you lightened up and stopped acting like a bitter old lady.

Your childish retort just proved my point to everyone on these message boards.

Not to me. Apparently nothing negative can be said about JJ around here.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're right. You got me.

I wish I could kick JJ's dog square in the teeth, and then pull JJ's hair out so all the girls didn't think he was so d@mn pretty. Then I would tell him how fat and ugly I thought his mother was, and how his dad must be ashamed to have raised such a c0cky little kid.

After all that, I would pay for an entire section of season tickets with a banner hanging over all the empty seats that read "JJ is Redickulous". That should help reduce the amount of applause he gets with 45 seconds left in the game when he checks in.

If that didn't deliver the point, I would sneak into the player parking lot and spray paint his vehicle UNC blue and add a "#7 BUST" license plate as my final touch.

Smack-It's time you grew up and stopped acting like a 14 year old.

And it's time you lightened up and stopped acting like a bitter old lady.

Your childish retort just proved my point to everyone on these message boards.

Which is exactly the outcome I was hoping for. If you people are going to get all twisted up about a few people calling out JJ for not even coming close to meeting expectations, than I'm going to have some fun with it.

I repeat; lighten up.

BTW, how exactly is your intial comment, calling me a 14 year old, when I was obviously being saracastic, not going to elicit an equally inappropriate "retort"? There have been 8 pages of dialogue in this thread, a lot of which has merit, and in your first post, instead of adding something valuable to the discussion, you toss out an insult. And I'm the 14 year old?

I've been called "loony".

I've had people tell me and PM me to tell me that I've lost my credibility.

I've had people call me a conceded A-Hole.

I've had a mod suggest to other Forum members to Spam and break rules on a Redick thread of "mine" with cats pictures because supposedly he thought no one wanted to talk about it. Look at this thread or any other Redick thread.

Some of the people that did this are people that I consider Magic fans and not Redick homers.

Redick fans telling people to "grow up"?(sarcasm)

People, the reason I've taken a stance is in self-defense. If posters want to criticize me for that then so be it.

To me, this is a Magic board and not a Redick board. Why should us Magic fans have to change our style to passify the Redick homers?

This was written by a poster named NotByChoice:

quote:
Reading these forums I think are starting to breed JJ "haters" even someone who didn't care about him like me starts to get annoyed when reading the posts by the JJ defenders who constantly make excuses for his play and blame the coach and make fun of Keith Bogans or Evans it turns me off to JJ Redick because now I feel like I have to throw him under the bus to defend my favorite basketball team.

This is exactly how I feel. Some people think I'm a Bogans fanatic. That is not the case. I like and support him more so because he's from my home state but I mostly support him fervently now because of what NotByChoice said here.

I feel vindicated for my thoughts and actions after reading through this thread, knowing that many others feel the same way.

Very interesting that you have to find a qoute from somewhere to make yourself feel good. Your a Bogans fanatic as much as many of the JJ fans are fanantics, trouble is they admit it and you dont. Bogans is a decent player but has many defiencies as a NBA player as you claim JJ does. But at this time of his career JJ has much more potential and has already become a fan favorite. So why dont you quit argueing and accept that there are many Magic fans that like JJ and feel if given more then a chance to play 8 minutes after 72 games that he just may help this team out in a very positive way. Something is needed.

quote:
Originally posted by magic07:

Very interesting that you have to find a qoute from somewhere to make yourself feel good. Your a Bogans fanatic as much as many of the JJ fans are fanantics, trouble is they admit it and you dont. Bogans is a decent player but has many defiencies as a NBA player as you claim JJ does. But at this time of his career JJ has much more potential and has already become a fan favorite. So why dont you quit argueing and accept that there are many Magic fans that like JJ and feel if given more then a chance to play 8 minutes after 72 games that he just may help this team out in a very positive way. Something is needed.

junkie is a Magic fanatic, more than anything else. I don't think he's a Bogans fanatic, in as much as focusing on his skills compared to JJs.

Not that junkie can't speak for himself, but since you claim he's using other people's quotes to defend his position, I thought I would chime in.

quote:
Originally posted by ST since 90:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You know what really surprises me, guys? J.J. has basically been out of the limelight for over 2 years now. Two different coaches have set him on the bench. Yet, I have never seen an Orlando crowd get as fired up for a player to enter a game as they do for J.J. except for maybe, Darryl Armstrong.

Are there a lot of Duke fans in Orlando? Why does the crowd continue to yell for him so excitedly when he has been basically a disappointment in his time here?

I'm thinking, this guy ain't ever gonna be a player in the NBA like he was at Duke yet, the crowd goes wild.

What is it?

Maybe all the TV coverage and exposure he got at Duke still plays on people's memory?

BJ, do you just ask these questions because you know I'm going to just come out and say what you know to be truth?

JJ is another in a long line of GWH's (Great White Hope, for those scoring at home).

This is not to suggest that his fans are racist, because that's not generally the case.

But racial loyalty is not limited to minorities. The PR community loves Carlos, yet no one questions that. This is no different (in soooooo many ways).

Uh, I don't get this response. The two people who were mentioned above were JJ and Armstrong. How can that be related to a Great White Hope.

My favorite player of all time with the Magic was Darrel Armstrong, followed closely by Scott Skiles. Why? Because they did so much with the limited amount they had. They always had to work harder than others because to get minutes. They hustled, and their hustle made them do what others said they couldn't do.

I am not comparing JJ with the two of them. You did in seeing how the crowd reacts. The crowd has expectations of JJ that are higher than a reasonable person would expect, just looking at the obvious. I think a lot of us see that potential in him, and want to see him have a chance to reach it. We are expecting something special when he gets in the game.

I just don't see that potential in anyone else on the team, other than Howard. JJ plays hard. Other than dooling, I think he is the hardest worker out there. It isn't working for him, and he doesn't have the temperment to be a happy failure, like some on the team.

I think it would do good for him to go to Europe or some CBA equivalent to develop the heart to go along with the expectations. The true value of Reggie Miller was his skill combined with his confidence. JJ has no confidence now, and will not be a good player til he finds that again.

Two different scenarios. Armstrong was so popular because of what he accomplished on the court and the energy he brought when he got on the court. So his popularity was based on his skills as a Magic player.

In the case of JJ, he has done nothing in a Magic uniform that would result in that same type of popularity. Not saying it's his fault that he's not getting playing time, nor am I criticizing anybody for cheering for him. Just saying that racial loyalty is part of the equation, and that's okay as long as you don't denegrate other races in the process.

I was just responding to BJ's question as to why.

Obviously such an answer doesn't apply to everyone that roots for JJ. Some root for him because they loved the way he played at Duke. Some root for him because of their infatuation with those who have such long-range shooting skills (for example, Dennis Scott will probably always be my favorite Magic player of all time). But these do not account for the volume of support that BJ alluded to.

This isn't some sort of political statement (I'm white also, by the way). Just responding to the question, as I see it.

I have concluded that Redick should be traded to move up in the draft. I think his recent play is going to make that move difficult. My hopes of Redick contributing to this team have vanished.

Designing plays for Redick shows how determined SVG was to make it work.

Damon Jones

Matt Carroll

Juan Carlos Navarro

Sasha Vujacic

Gordan Giricek

Jason Kapono

If those guys can get significant minutes in the league there's no reason why Redick can't find minutes on this team. Four out of the six guys I named play for playoff teams and two play for championship contenders.

I'm tired of watching Orlando miss oppurtunties with young talent. You can never know what you truely have if you never give the player a legitimate chance to succeed.

I just watched the NBA draft video on JJ and it really disappoints me.(

) I still think it was the right pick, but yet again we don't know what to do with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Damon Jones

Matt Carroll

Juan Carlos Navarro

Sasha Vujacic

Gordan Giricek

Jason Kapono

If those guys can get significant minutes in the league there's no reason why Redick can't find minutes on this team. Three out of the five guys I named play for playoff teams and two play for championship contenders.

I'm tired of watching Orlando miss oppurtunties with young talent. You can never know what you truely have if you never give the player a legitimate chance to succeed.

) I still think it was the right pick, but yet again we don't know what to do with it.

Just throwing names out doesn't make the case for JJ any better. It's all situational. In our team, at this time, with our roster, there aren't any minutes for him. The proof is in the box scores.

For a team getting ready for the playoffs, the last thing I want my coach worrying about is the teams previous draft history. We got the third seed in the east, the playoffs are around the corner.

That should be the only concern

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Damon Jones

Matt Carroll

Juan Carlos Navarro

Sasha Vujacic

Gordan Giricek

Jason Kapono

If those guys can get significant minutes in the league there's no reason why Redick can't find minutes on this team. Three out of the five guys I named play for playoff teams and two play for championship contenders.

Just throwing names out doesn't make the case for JJ any better. It's all situational. In our team, at this time, with our roster, there aren't any minutes for him. The proof is in the box scores.

For a team getting ready for the playoffs, the last thing I want my coach worrying about is the teams previous draft history. We got the third seed in the east, the playoffs are around the corner.

That should be the only concern

First of all, the Suns and the Lakers are loaded with talent, yet they still manage to play Giricek and Vujacic solid minutes. Finding 10 mins a game for Redick through out the entire season wouldn't of been hard to do. If Stan wasn't willing to do that he should of told Otis to trade the guy.

Second, I never said anyone should be worrying about are past draft mistakes. I simple implied i'm tired of the mistakes we've made with picks and development over the years.

Third, don't be suprised when are guys run out of gas in the playoffs because we have a coach that likes to play starters in the fourth quarter of a 30 point game.