Sign in to follow this  
richnba

ESPN: How the East will end up, Magic predicted out in 5 against Detroit

You know, everyone's forgetting that Battie may be back by that 2nd round Detroit series.

So maybe Dwight won't be on an island alone in the frontcourt war after all. Also like was brought up before, ESPN didn't even think to mention Keyon Dooling and how different SVG's coaching against Detroit than B. Hill did.

Normally I would favor Arroyo over Dooling at the point this season, but Detroit is definitely an exception. Dooling at the very least makes Billups work for what he wants to do. If there was some sort of guarantee taht Dooling would a. not have a bunch of turnovers and b. occassionaly, you know.. share the rock, then heck I would say START Dooling over Jameer.

Because how Billups goes, that team goes.

Eventually we will live and die with our outside game in the play offs. That will hurt us somewhere in the playoffs(Golden State last year) With just one true banger inside, it is inevitable.

If Battie can make a comeback before the first playoff game I give us a shot against Pistons. If not we'll have to shoot lights out. I have still hope the celtics will drop some games and Detroit closes in to clinch #1 spot. Then it wil be a easier path to the east finals.

Haslem(I know) isn't even playing now, imagine how fresh he would be for the play offs.

quote:
Originally posted by Big J:

47.9 is the number of points the magic bench acounts for in average.

45.6 is there number inlcuding them 2 games theo has played and including everybody that's not a starter.

The same goes with Orlando. I inluded there anybody thats not a starter and added their ppg average.

I know theres more to "whos bench is better" thing like rbs and other stats, but c'mon thats real close in ppg.

SVG has shown that he knows how to deal with adversity, making adjustments in game and from game to game to better use this team of ours.

I think a 7 game series replay with detroit with last years team would have been still a lost series but a very competitive series if we had SVG coaching the team.

Coaches become very important in the playoffs.

The Pistons bench doesn't make their biggest impact on offense but defense. Amir and Afflalo have been getting consistent minutes and are fan favorites yet they dont score much. This year the bench has defensive presence, they bother other teams a lot.

I would much rather play Boston than Detroit. Detroit is a nightmare for us because of the point guard position. We can absolutely take Boston, I just don't think we can hang with the experience of Detroit and cannot match up with Chauncey. Dwight however playing in a playoff series 48 minutes a night and motivated would be scary against Detroit. Should be fun

Notice since the svg called out howard, we have been quietly blowing everyone out. All our wins have been by double digits and of that we have won by more than 20 at least 4 times. I think we are playing the best basketball of the season right now and like everyone said, if our shots are falling there is no stopping us. Cuz then the defense has to shift to playing outside, leaving superman to take over. I think we are looking very good going into to the playoffs.

KG, ESPN, whoever, sleep on us! Look past us and then as charles would say, you'll be gone fishing, very soon...