Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

trade dwight for oden straight up.

Greg Oden scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds. Big deal! Dwight has shown he can do that (and better) against the best big men in the world.

Dwight hasn't improved from last year?

His scoring and FG% have gone up, and though it may not seem like much, he's facing more double/triple teams than any player in the NBA. Not many players can score 17.5 PPG and shoot 60% from the field, all while being the opposing team's focal point on defense.

Seriously, the fact that you even mentioned trading Dwight for Oden boggles my mind. Dwight has more potential than any player in the NBA. He's already a great rebounder and defender. He just needs to polish his offense.

Oden hasn't played a single game on the professional level, and you already want to trade our 21 year-old All-Star for him!

Just curious... Do you work for the Knicks?

quote:
Edit or Delete MessageReport This Post

Ignored post by the notorious S.A.C. posted April 03, 2007 08:49 PM Show Post

barnettej

Team Leader

Picture of barnettej

Posted April 03, 2007 08:59 PM Hide Post

Well you do have a point about Odens free throw shooting. But he also has a tendency to get into foul trouble early in games, which isnt bad. But will take time for him to adjust. Oden also has a good feel for blocking the ball.

But hands down I think that Dwight would dunk on him all day long, he can almost jump out of

um..no.... you feel like developing a center all over again? He played pretty good...in college!!! Dwight played amazing for nearly this entire season (except the turnovers and free throws...one of which will inevitably get better). Dwight also WANTS TO BE IN ORLANDO. IF you think we should trade him, please excuse yourself to go root for Mr. O'neal in Miami or Mr. McGrady in Houston. There is something to be said for loyalty and those who apreciate it.

Dwight is also an All Star already. Oden hasn't set foot in the league. Our "core" (Trev Darko Dwight) are all about the same age as well. It will be nice to see them develop together. Imagine if all those guys grow old together and get to know each other like Stockton knew Malone! Thats pretty powerful. Its more or less within our power to keep those guys here for the next eight years if we want to!

About Dwight smiling when we lose... so he's a little immature. He is also 21 years old. He is having the time of his life and playing ball with some of his best friends. He also is a person with a genuinly positive, happy-go-lucky outlook. He probably is merely trying to keep the spirits of the team high. He also could be smiling out of embarassment. People show their emotions differently and develop those emotional responses at differing rates. It is normal not to know how to deal with failure especially at such a young age. Goofing around helps to ease the pain, especially if the world is on your shoulders. If he is still smiling by 24 or 25, THEN there might be a problem.

Can we just be happy with the amazing player we have. Maybe Oden wil be a LITTLE better than Dwight someday....maybe. The fact that Dwight wants to be here and is obviously comitted to getting better is worth so much more than a few more points per game.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Im not saying its one sided but it is very close. I think oden has a much better offensive skill set than howard. Of course howard is playing in brian hills offense so its hard to judge how could he could be with a real coach and game plan. Oden is a better shot blocker and intimidator inside. Im a florida grad and our interior guys could do nothing with oden and that includes horford and noah, two high lottery picks. Plus the guy can shoot free throws and not be a liability at crunch time from the line. My 2 cents but I think oden is the best center since shaq and better than duncan coming out as a senior. Remember oden is only a freshman.

Better than Duncan....?????!!!!!!

Smoke another one. Oden will be lucky to play for 20 minutes a night in his rookie season in the NBA. Can you say, walkin foul machine.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Easy there Kberto, I didn't say he was Duncan. Oden has good footwork and has a few offensive moves that he is able to go to and get a basket. Solid but unspectacular, in my opinion Duncan like.

I just can't allow myself to jump on the Oden bandwagon. I don't think he's going to be as good as people think he'll be. I would hate to have the first pick in this draft, because that GM will be forced to take Oden. I would take Durant over Oden, but I'm pretty isolated on that opinion.

No yer not.... I'd take Durant in a heartbeat over Oden. Oden's OVERRATED!!!!!! His play throughout the entire Tourny was lousy outside of the game against florida. By the way people........ Noah will be lucky to go top 10 in the draft this year. Lottery material he's not. Oden's never played against an NBA center before. I can see the foul's racking up.

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Im not saying its one sided but it is very close. I think oden has a much better offensive skill set than howard. Of course howard is playing in brian hills offense so its hard to judge how could he could be with a real coach and game plan. Oden is a better shot blocker and intimidator inside. Im a florida grad and our interior guys could do nothing with oden and that includes horford and noah, two high lottery picks. Plus the guy can shoot free throws and not be a liability at crunch time from the line. My 2 cents but I think oden is the best center since shaq and better than duncan coming out as a senior. Remember oden is only a freshman.

Better than Duncan....?????!!!!!!

Smoke another one. Oden will be lucky to play for 20 minutes a night in his rookie season in the NBA. Can you say, walkin foul machine.

Amen to that... to say Oden is better than Duncan was coming out of college is insane.

Oden had ONE great college game the entire season, and it happened to come yesterday. Florida's bigs are overrated anyways. Horford looks like he has the exact same skill set as Tony Battie, and J. Noah played like poop yesterday.

Let's not annoint Oden the second coming just yet. He is not as physically gifted as Howard, nor does he show any emotion. He looked content losing the game as long as he put up solid numbers. Oden, you just lost the National Championship, it's OK to change your facial expression.

I'm certainly not saying Dwight doesn't have a lot to work on (free throws, TOs, jump shot, another post up move), but Dwight has already shown tremendous ability in the NBA.

you want stockton to malone for 10 years....exactly...ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS...

When you say he hasnt proven a thing...I assume you wouldnt trade howard for some guy who graduated LSU a few years ago just because he hadnt played a nba game ...or some guy from wake who hadnt played a game...or some guy guy from phi slamma jamma...talents like oden, shaq, and duncan and hakeem dont come around too often and while howard is a total stud there are other reasons to make the trade.

...oden is much more of a sure thing than dwight was 3 years ago, not just according to me but according to any draft site you want to check out. Orlando was debating an undersized okefor vs dwight in a weak class unti the end but we would definately have opted for durant or oden if they were in that class over dwight. Now throw in 8 million for a free agent ta boot and its a done deal. Throw in 3-4 years of having a stud at less than a mid-level exemption and it makes total financial sense. Plus not strapping yourself to a grant hill max contract to protecet the franchise from catastrophic injury and it makes more sense...if we have to wait a couple years for him to blossom its not like this franchise hasnt been in rebuild for 10 years. besides brian hills stupidity may have gotten into dwights head and set him back 5 years.

noah was the sure #1 last year if he came out according to every draft site and currently sits between 4 and 6. horford sits at 3-4 currently. theyve won 2 championships and those two were a major part of their title runs and you call them over rated...is there someone Im missing thats better in the last few years as a big...? oden nearly fouled out 3 front line players himself including two top 5 talents and you dont see it...wow.

He played the whole second half by himself and most of the first...maybe thats why he didnt have the energy to jump up and down...if only he was rested 15 minutes per game like dwight is with dunce hill hed been more demonstrative. No emotion and losing is better than funny time with jameer.

Hmmm...overall a bad trade decision oden has to many foul problems and although dwights not perfect whats to say oden will be in the nba to compare a college player to a nba player is like comparing night and day perhaps after being able to see what odens capable of at the next level it would be a consideration its to risky overall