Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

" THE REACTION "...Post Game Reactions***Raptors vs Magic

Dwight and turnovers. Dwight strings together turnover after turnover some games and we lose our lead this way or get further behind.. This is the problem with running your offense solely through him. He goes into defenders instead of trying a hook shot that I know he is capable of or a fast spin move that he can do. Also, time and time again, he tries to dribble in the lane swarmed by 3 defenders and gets it stolen..why not turn the other way..does he not see them coming and about the collapse their defense on him.

I would just love 2 be 1 minute in B.Hill's head 2 know what the ffuucckk was he thinking 2 let Arroyo and JJ on the bench. Please god help me here, I dont deserve this!!!

Like I sincerely didnt think a person could be so dumb, 4 real I didnt!!

quote:
Originally posted by Purchase:

I would just love 2 be 1 minute in B.Hill's head 2 know what the ffuucckk was he thinking 2 let Arroyo and JJ on the bench. Please god help me here, I dont deserve this!!!

I agree with you man. JJ rotting on the bench. Nelson, who I have been a big fan of before this season, continuing to play terrible on both ends of the floor and still see a ton of playing time. Arroyo in spurts can be great. JJ can spread the floor, run around to find a shot, and anyone remember that clutch play he had vs. San Antonio...I was at the game and he was great.

we made 1 3 pointer to their 8 and this isnt due to a lack of 3 point shooters. JJ and Bogans are sitting on the bench ordering beers.

on a positive note...

the final score proves magic should be a top 5 team, 23 turnovers and only lose by 3...

woooooooohooooooooooooo

Just a bounce or two of the bb more in our favor and its a win.

now if only the magic could only get coaching that actually increases our chances of winning...paging coach Thompson III.

quote:
Originally posted by Purchase:

Man that would be too dangerous, you might come out of there as retarded as he is.

For all the JJ fans...he was too erratic for Brian Hill to handle. He missed a shot and lost the ball when he drove to the basket in the 4+ minutes he was on the floor. Don't take into account that he was doing fairly well on defense but Mr. "I Have no Patience and I'm Always Right" Hill, rather than waiting a bit longer for him and Carlos to get into a rhythm, he pulled them and they sat the rest of the night. Nice going Brian, always choosing the path of least resistance. Either one of them could have pulled the trigger on a 3 pointer and won you the game! I was hoping that by Darko getting thrown out of the game the rest of them would have gotten fired up, but that didn't happen either. Nice start, but they peetered out at the end.

Players like Arroyo and JJ must come into a game knowing that if they make a mistake they will be taken out, great for your confidence. If they do make the playoffs you won't see these guys on the court. Too bad you can't bench the coach when he mismanges a game and put in the assistant!

garbage, im tired of these nba officials. they are not doin a good job. im tired of losing because of them. and i dont know whats wrong with Jameer but he needs to do something to get on track. Im fed up, and tired of losing.

The Orlando Magic keep leading with their chin during this fight for a shot at the playoffs.

The way they're reeling, it's as if they are setting up themselves to get knocked out.

Pass the smelling salts after the Magic fell 111-108 to the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night at Amway Arena.

The No. 8 Magic's quest to catch the New Jersey Nets for the No. 7 postseason spot and avoid the No. 1 Detroit Pistons might all but be over.

Now playing the Pistons never looked so good. The Magic appear to be in a battle just to make it in at all, ratcheting up the pressure on the coach, players and ownership as frustrations have replaced expectations.

A smattering of boos was directed at Coach Brian Hill as he was introduced before the game, and the team was booed during a horrendous telltale third quarter.

The Magic are 11/2 games behind the Nets until you read the fine print: New Jersey owns a postseason tiebreaker, meaning Orlando is, in effect, 21/2 back.

The Magic lead the No. 9 Indiana Pacers by 11/2 games, but don't own the second tiebreaker (conference record) against them. They need to beat the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday just to split a four-game homestand before hitting the road for three games.

Their loss to the Raptors -- Toronto swept the four-game season series -- was the Magic's third excruciating late-game defeat in the past eight days.

They lost to the Boston Celtics in double overtime last Wednesday, stumbled against the Minnesota Timberwolves in OT on Sunday and fell to the Raptors by three. How different the coffee would taste for Coach Brian Hill and fans if the Magic could finish.

Criticized for their lack of a go-to guy, they found one, if only temporarily, in Hedo Turkoglu, who had a career-high, 37-point night.

Instead of living and dying with point guard Jameer Nelson at the end, they put the ball in Turk's hand twice in the last 11 seconds. With the Magic trailing 109-108, he missed a 3-point attempt to go ahead and a last-gasp 3-pointer to send the game into the club's fourth possible overtime period since last Wednesday.

After Turk's first missed 3-pointer, Grant Hill scrapped with Raptors star Chris Bosh for the rebound, but was called for pulling him down to the floor.

With 9.4 seconds left, Bosh, who finished with 28 points, made both free throws for a 111-108 lead in front of an announced crowd of 16,911 at Amway Arena.

Hill cracked about Bosh being protected like "the Michael Jordan of Toronto." But he agreed with Turkoglu, who said, "We should have taken care of business before that."

But it's a Magic team that has to fight itself first in most games in addition to taking on the other guys.

As is their dubious trademark, they committed 23 turnovers for 31 Raptors points -- seven in the third period, when Toronto outscored them 32-22.

The Magic, trailing by three, allowed the Raptors to come up with four offensive rebounds during one particular stretch that killed 67 seconds off the clock.

The Magic also were often clueless in defending the pick 'n' roll, which helped lead to nine 3-pointers by the Raptors, who buried 5-of-6 in the third.

"Their strength is our weakness," Grant Hill said.

"The screen-and-roll . . . we're just not good at defending it."

Hill had 19 points. Dwight Howard added 18 and 15 rebounds, but also had seven turnovers. Tony Battie had 13 points and Keyon Dooling 10. Forward Darko Milicic went scoreless and was ejected after receiving two technical fouls for arguing calls in the third.

"We're still in it," Grant Hill said of the playoff chase. "But, at some point, you keep losing, and you won't be.

"We have to find a way."

Brian Schmitz can be reachedat bschmitz@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Why do we leave 3 point shooter wide open? Do Dwight, Darko, and Battie really need that much help down low?

No, why they kept leaving Anthony Parker (40%) wide open so they could make a half-a$sed attempt at a matidor help defense is beyond me. It happened several times, including veteren Grant Hill. I except better from him.

Another thing... you are down 3 with 3 seconds left. You have no timeouts. This is your last shot for all intents and purposes. No quick 2, and foul. (even if you did get a REALLY quick 2 and a really quick foul, you stall have to go the length of the court, because of the no timeouts). Why would you have Dwight on the floor, and JJ F-Ing Reddick on the bench???? It blows my mind. It blows my **** mind.