Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Schmitz is ready to blow up the Magic; Otis says Brian "will" be back(blog)

whit the things like are right now i think:

if vince come to orlando, probably carlos gonna be out of the magic. Is bussiness.

I think that

BJ, the only ways we could offer as much money as New Jersey is if we renounce Darko's rights or a sign and trade. If those two options don't work out then Carter would have to take a paycut if he wants to play here.

Otis isn't going to renounce Darko (I wouldn't either, that would be stupid) and I'm not sure about a sign and trade because Thorn is going to ask for the same things he asked for at the deadline. Honestly we have so many holes in our roster that I don't know if signing Carter alone would be enough. Signing multiple second tier free agents may be the way to go.

Keep Coach Hill this summer is the stupidest thing Otis could do. The fans pay his salary. The fans have spoken. They want B. Hill fired. Otis needs to remember he works for the fans; he's not a power unto himself.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

4. Brian Hill bashers want a new coach. But unless there is a sea change at the top, the Magic are not going to overrule GM Otis Smith, who told me a few weeks ago that Hill will be back next season.

Is this for real? Is he saying that the Magic top brass wouldn't mind seeing Brian go but they would have to OVERRULE Otis?

I can only assume one of these is true.

1. I read it wrong.

2. Otis is crazy and delusional, and incompetent, and knows nothing.

3. This is a smoke screen by the team.

4. Brian Schmitz doesn't know what he's talking about.

5. All of the above.

Brian Schmitz is the one that is incompetent. Otis doesn't have the authority to fire Brian Hill that decision is Rich Devos' to make. Furthermore no GM would say in the middle of the season that the coach wouldn't be brought back next season. It isn't a matter of overruling Otis its merely a GM not wanting to ruin what remains of this season.