Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Watch ESPN at 2 PM.

can i one more time reiterate that you are all insane. i mean really, seriously, mentally deranged. i think you do not know details and you are freaking the hell out. would you do kurt thomas for hedo? maybe that is the issue otis is dealing with. you have no idea, get a grip and find some reality.

I won't be so upset with Otis if he doesn't do anything today as I am with the fact that he has sat around and waited till the last minute when we've seen quality players like Gasol obtained for garbage.

Otis, just because the deadline wasn't until today doesn't mean that you had to wait until now to try to do something.

Otis is a procrastinator. He did the same thing last year at this time. Then he did the same thing at the end of the year when he let all the expirings just walk away.

I've not been one of the Otis haters, but I can't deny what has become a pattern of behavior. If nothing else, he is consistent.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

can i one more time reiterate that you are all insane. i mean really, seriously, mentally deranged. i think you do not know details and you are freaking the hell out. would you do kurt thomas for hedo? maybe that is the issue otis is dealing with. you have no idea, get a grip and find some reality.

Name all of our legit PF's and C's.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

Dwight Howard

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Soul Bro: Dwight Howard

That's exactly my point. We have:

Garrity

Augie

Gortat

Foyle

Dwight

WTH was Otis thinking putting together a front court like that if he wasn't going to bring in a PF at the deadline with our expirings?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I won't be so upset with Otis if he doesn't do anything today as I am with the fact that he has sat around and waited till the last minute when we've seen quality players like Gasol obtained for garbage.

Otis, just because the deadline wasn't until today doesn't mean that you had to wait until now to try to do something.

Otis is a procrastinator. He did the same thing last year at this time. Then he did the same thing at the end of the year when he let all the expirings just walk away.

I've not been one of the Otis haters, but I can't deny what has become a pattern of behavior. If nothing else, he is consistent.

dont you remember that almost all of the GM's stated that the gasol trade was rediculous and that if they knew he could be had for that cheap then they would have made the deal.

Its usually standard OP for a gm to shop around, contact several other teams to trade a player and get the best value. This didn't happen so you cant really be mad at otis for not making a move.

Also, we had no shot at marion or kidd so noone can really be mad about that either.

Otis tried to make a deal for Thomas, seattle obviously chose S.A. instead.

That said, if he doesn't make any moves i might be perturbed. But i usually wait till the end of the season before passing judgement. Just like the cook evans-ariza trade, we need time to evaluate the value before screaming for heads to roll.

smack that doesnt change the moment we are in right now. past mistakes is one thing but if he makes a bad deal we are further screwed. basically otis is dammed if he does and dammed if he doesnt. not to say he didnt put himself in that position, but still...

quote:

they still say it is between boston and detroit and we are a year away...

Yeah I heard that, I would agree with that as well, but do we get better as is or with the addition of a solid PF?