Sign in to follow this  
Franchise408

Denton: Now Retired, Hill Didn't Deserve Criticism While With Magic

These.

And the whole notion that Grant Hill "owed" us to sign a vet minimum deal to stay, yet all these same people criticizing him for not signing were wanting him gone the whole time anyways.

Although I'm the one who brought up McGrady. I don't care how bad his supporting cast was, there was no reason for Tracy McGrady to act the way he did on his way out of town. Especially after the organization gave him everything he wanted and traded him to Houston to play with Yao Ming, and he still kept whining.

Did he owe Detroit? I'm just curious what your opinion is on that, did he owe Detroit anything??

He wasn't bound to this franchise, he didn't owe us a vet min to stay and come off the bench, I just want to hear someone give me a good arguement as to why he felt that Detroit deserved a s&t and we didn't.

Also what the heck does Tracy have to do with any of this? Are you saying that Grant is a swell guy because he didn't act like Tracy? Was Bin Laden alright because he didn't kill as many people as Hitler? I'm having some trouble with this.

Did he owe Detroit? I'm just curious what your opinion is on that, did he owe Detroit anything??

He wasn't bound to this franchise, he didn't owe us a vet min to stay and come off the bench, I just want to hear someone give me a good arguement as to why he felt that Detroit deserved a s&t and we didn't.

Do we know that those were solely Hill's decisions?

Some of you guys treat former players here like a jilted lover. Grant Hill didn't owe us anything after his contract was up. He tried his best to get on the court, and it didn't happen for the majority of his stint in Orlando. Oh well. I can't blame him for leaving, especially considering the fact that he remained relatively healthy after his departure. He wanted to win, and wasn't obliged to sign a vet min. deal here to repay some kind of imaginary debt. (Yeah, yeah, the s&t thing, I get it.)

People can boo anyone they desire, but I personally don't ever feel the need to -- unless someone would block my view in the glorious Mary the Dancer days. MMMmmm. Mary. The. Dancer.

And to the person who brought up McGrady: He earned the right to be the biggest baby on the planet when his prime was wasted on arguably the worst supporting cast for a superstar ever.

I can only speak for myself, it's not like I obsess over the guy or hang out in the bushes outside his home or something. But when someone says "Grant Hill" I have every right to have an instant reaction and then get on with the rest of my day. I don't think Grant Hill was obliged, but it sure would of been nice if he tried to earn a BIT of that 90 million dollars once he was actually healthy. I've only been to one Magic game live (thanks YFP!!) but I'd imagine I wouldn't even bother to boo him if I saw him at a game. However, if I did want to boo him? So what? I can say whatever I want (within obvious reason, without profanity, etc.) however loud I want. It's a sports game, for Pete's sake.

As far as T-Mac, I brought him up as a reference to many Magic fans give him a hard time. I'm not one of them. If anyone in Magic history earned a free pass on whining, it was Tracy McGrady.

Also what the heck does Tracy have to do with any of this? Are you saying that Grant is a swell guy because he didn't act like Tracy? Was Bin Laden alright because he didn't kill as many people as Hitler? I'm having some trouble with this.

How would Hill owe Detroit? He gave them 6 all-star seasons.

The comparison to Grant Hill and players like T-Mac was solely how much grief Magic fans give most of their best former players, since the original article was talking about whether or not Grant Hill should still be booed. I was comparing why he gets booed to why other Magic players get booed, who deserves it more than the other guy, in my opinion, and so on.

How would Hill owe Detroit? He gave them 6 all-star seasons.

I believe Marc Acres point was, if you are going to argue that Hill did not owe us anything once his contract ended, then that logic should also be applied to when Hill was leaving Detroit. However, Hill chose to do a S/T in order to get to Orlando. Why not a S/T to get to Phoenix?

I'm sorry, but the s&t gripe is just sour grapes. He didn't do a s&t to Orlando to help compensate Detroit, he did it for more money. It's not like if we got something worthless in return, it would suddenly be okay for some of you.

Not sure this matters. Are you meaning his agent pushed for a S/T? Or are you referring to Dumars?

It absolutely matters. The assertion is that Hill decided Detroit deserved a sign and trade and that Orlando did not, thus making him deserving of boos.

If Hill himself did in fact decide that Orlando didn't deserve a sign and trade, then Marc has a point. If, say, Otis decided that he didn't want to do a trade with Phoenix, I'm not sure we can blame Hill for how that scenario played out.

I asked because I don't know what happened with that.

I don't think Grant Hill was obliged, but it sure would of been nice if he tried to earn a BIT of that 90 million dollars once he was actually healthy.

When he was healthy, he was on the court. That's earning your paycheck. When there's language in a contract that says you have to play x amount of games to receive this money, let me know.

I've only been to one Magic game live (thanks YFP!!) but I'd imagine I wouldn't even bother to boo him if I saw him at a game. However, if I did want to boo him? So what? I can say whatever I want (within obvious reason, without profanity, etc.) however loud I want. It's a sports game, for Pete's sake.

I specifically said you can boo anyone you want.

I'm sorry, but the s&t gripe is just sour grapes. He didn't do a s&t to Orlando to help compensate Detroit, he did it for more money. It's not like if we got something worthless in return, it would suddenly be okay for some of you.

It's ALL sour grapes!

The point of all of this is that we are allowed to have them.