Sign in to follow this  
DarkoHero

Please explain why Battie is Starting over Darko!

I didn't get to watch this game, I was away, but the boxscore is crazy. Darko plays almost 3x the minutes, the second highest scorer, the only player with a double double, has 6 o-rebounds, shoots 10 ft, leads the team in steals with 3, leads the team in blocked shots with 3, is only out assisted by the starting pg., and on and on.

Yes this is just one game, but Darko played starters minutes, while Battie played back up minutes, but Battie is credited with the start. If B. Hill keeps his promises, Darko should start our next game. He won't, but he should.

By the way, tonight's game drove Darko's price up, and I'm glad. If he costs more, they'll play him more or he'll go to a team that needs him.

Furthermore, everyone says that Darko out plays Battie. Battie may play with more heart, but talent wins games. Heart helps, but Darko contributes more than Battie.

I didn't get to watch this game, I was away, but the boxscore is crazy. Darko plays almost 3x the minutes, the second highest scorer, the only player with a double double, has 6 o-rebounds, shoots 10 ft, leads the team in steals with 3, leads the team in blocked shots with 3, is only out assisted by the starting pg., and on and on.

Yes this is just one game, but Darko played starters minutes, while Battie played back up minutes, but Battie is credited with the start. If B. Hill keeps his promises, Darko should start our next game. He won't, but he should.

By the way, tonight's game drove Darko's price up, and I'm glad. If he costs more, they'll play him more or he'll go to a team that needs him.

Furthermore, everyone says that Darko out plays Battie. Battie may play with more heart, but talent wins games. Heart helps, but Darko contributes more than Battie.

Apperently, it's because of the experienc and leadership that he displays once in a blue moon.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/6171096153/p/1

^^I thought that thread was a complete joke and just gave up on it after the second page. How it grew to 6 pages... noone knows. Anyways I completely agree that Darko should be starting (ya I know big suprise). He is the all around better player. Although I think he did so well because KG is like his role model so he actually tried to do his best. Point of the story is that he should be starting.

Could some of you who have followed Darko's career for a while shed some light on a question I have?

When Darko played in Serbia, whose game in the states did he resemble? Has he always been a low post scorer? Was he able to create on the perimeter? He seems to have a nice stroke from the outside but earlier in the season he seemed to miss a lot of those 20 footers. Did he have a fade away? Thanks for the clarification.

My ultimate question is: can he shoot as well as Battie? I already know he can defend and rebound as well if not better. Not to mention his post moves.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Could some of you who have followed Darko's career for a while shed some light on a question I have?

When Darko played in Serbia, whose game in the states did he resemble? Has he always been a low post scorer? Was he able to create on the perimeter? He seems to have a nice stroke from the outside but earlier in the season he seemed to miss a lot of those 20 footers. Did he have a fade away? Thanks for the clarification.

My ultimate question is: can he shoot as well as Battie? I already know he can defend and rebound as well if not better. Not to mention his post moves.

yes he was somewhere like dirk kinda player shooting 20 fts and 3's all the time.

his moves where pristine art and he was a star in the making.

we all know what happened after he received a pistons hat at 2003 draft.

he does need our support as well from the couching stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by serbianeagle:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

yes he was somewhere like dirk kinda player shooting 20 fts and 3's all the time.

his moves where pristine art and he was a star in the making.

we all know what happened after he received a pistons hat at 2003 draft.

he does need our support as well from the couching stuff.

However Darko always wanted to be compaired to KG. He was a very good outside shooter as I recall. The coaches here in the USA have really screwwed with Darko's game and mind. When he plays for his national team in the summer is when we see some of the real Darko shining, he just needs to get his game back. Let him play his natural way and he'll be great.

ok how many times do I say this

darko was forced in the post with our national team because he was the best at that position

but

but, he also had freedom to shoot

which he did at the start of the tournament and wasn't successfull at

maybe he just needed time to develop that shot

but our coach believed in him, unlike the magic brass...

quote:
Originally posted by serbianeagle:

i wont be surprised if south park makes one episode about magic and eric cartman starting over darko,lol

lmao