Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

The only problem with this team is Dwight Howard

The Magic were 10-26 from 3-PT range vs. the Cavs. That's not too bad. And it's plenty for the opponent to worry about the 3-PT threat. And there were plenty of times where Dwight would go iso on Z, and even if he were doubled he should know to kick it out to the shooter/slasher.

I agree with you partly: as the face of the franchise now, whether he wants to or not, he has to come with the fire every single night.

The problem is that Dwight is wearing down. Three consecutive summers of world ball and no real help down low all this season have made life hard for the guy. He's only 23, after all - he needs some help.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

The problem is that Dwight is wearing down. Three consecutive summers of world ball and no real help down low all this season have made life hard for the guy. He's only 23, after all - he needs some help.

Some people will go for your throat with stuff like "that's a poor excuse. Look at LeBron, he carries his team by himself and he gives it every night". It's sad, but that's how others see it.

quote:

I agree with you partly: as the face of the franchise now, whether he wants to or not, he has to come with the fire every single night.

There ya go. Ive been saying that this guy is tired. 3 years without much time off, all the commitments to the team and NBA. Hes tired and it will only get worse because hes playing again this summer. He needs some rest, but he needs some help or he wont be worth a **** to us

quote:
The Magic were 10-26 from 3-PT range vs. the Cavs. That's not too bad. And it's plenty for the opponent to worry about the 3-PT threat.

I said their SG's couldn't hit anything.. 6-18 from the floor and 2-9 behind the arc. When we have a guy on the floor that can't shoot, his defender is going to leave him everytime to double Dwight.. And a both Evans and Bogans were on the floor together a lot in the second half because SVG was matching up Evans on LBJ and Bogans on Hughes, which obviously worked wonders.. Both of their defenders were leaving them to triple team Dwight. Take out Hedo and Lewis and the team was 3-12, I'm pretty sure that's awful.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

In Orlando, Shaq had Horace. In Miami, Shaq had Udonis. In L.A., I admit I can't remember a player who played PF prominently (aside from Malone in his last ditch effort for a ring) but Shaq did have Kobe.

Shaq never "grabbed every board, blocked every hot, and scored every time". He had help each and every time.

Shaq and Kobe aside those LA championship teams were full of role players playing their last years of their careers. This organization likes to overpay, but not for good coaches. I wish we had Phil...

Back in 1995 we could've gotten Riley, but we decided Brian was just fine, another playoff sweep.

The dumb-down effect of the Magic media makes people believe we're as good as we can be right now because we don't have a stelar PF -not true.

For the millionth time, Foyle and Augie give us the rebounding and offensive hustle we eed at the 4, we don't need a scoring PF

Stop making excuses that we don't have Haslem, he isn't much better, just gets a bunch of minutes as a garbage man for the Heat. Both his defense and offense aren't even consistent.

Dwight goes through stretches where he wont even touch the ball for about five minutes. Getting upset about that isn't being offensively greedy.

When he doesn't even get touches, that's on Stan. And i'll leave it at that.

Ive been saying for over a year now, we will only go as far as Dwight takes us. Its all on him.

That being said, Dwight and Hedo are the only thing we got going for us so far this season

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Ive been saying for over a year now, we will only go as far as Dwight takes us. Its all on him.

That being said, Dwight and Hedo are the only thing we got going for us so far this season

Don't forget JJ

Dwight is the best player of the team and he has the right to be "off" some nights. In these kinds of times he needs the support of the fans. I can't count the "Trade Dwight" threads here. One month ago he was considered the best in NBA. What has changed. You are expecting 20 boards and 20 points from a 23 year-old, who has raw talent but not mature enough, every night. It will take at least 3 more years for him to mature and Orlando needs to plan ahead. Until then everyone should have realistic expectations. Magic won't be contenders with this team. How much is our chance against Detroit or Boston?

quote:

quote:

Some people will go for your throat with stuff like "that's a poor excuse. Look at LeBron, he carries his team by himself and he gives it every night". It's sad, but that's how others see it.

Lebron didnt even carry the Cavs team himself. Lebron dont even give it his all every game. if he did he would be a great defensive player. Its a known fact that lebron isnt one of the best defender in the league. And also how many time we have scene lebron disappear in the 4th quarter. How many times we saw bron air ball freethrows in the finals. You would've been better of mentioning kobe for giving his all but bron dont bring in his all. Really did anybody forgot how Boobie saved lebron *** against detroit in the playoff.

Really dwight plays great both side of the ball while Lebron only played great on offense.

quote:
Originally posted by victorythagr8:

quote:

Lebron didnt even carry the Cavs team himself. Lebron dont even give it his all every game. if he did he would be a great defensive player. Its a known fact that lebron isnt one of the best defender in the league. And also how many time we have scene lebron disappear in the 4th quarter. How many times we saw bron air ball freethrows in the finals. You would've been better of mentioning kobe for giving his all but bron dont bring in his all. Really did anybody forgot how Boobie saved lebron *** against detroit in the playoff.

Really dwight plays great both side of the ball while Lebron only played great on offense.

In case you don't get it, I DIDN'T make those remarks. Would hate to quote people on it but that's what other people said in one of the earlier threads. "Dwight isn't tired, he just wants to score more points and fill the stat sheet" kind of stuff.

Although I have to disagree with a lot of what you said about LeBron. The guy is just nuts.