Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Denver * Feb. 13

We win this one, why?

Denver played last night and won. If you look at the pattern we lost to Cleveland and Dalls both who played the previous night and lost horribly and had something to prove.

Tonight, we aer the ones with something to prove and Denver think they own us.

Dwigt has something to prove going into the weekend as well.

OK so Keyon's out, but that's not what lost it on Monday. It was attitude, Howard's and the team's that lost it.

This team does that occasionally, but not tonight.

It will be a tough game no doubt but we should win

baseline_blog.jpg

By Nick Adams | OrlandoMagic.com

SHOOTAROUND

The Magic went through a light shootaround Wednesday morning in preparation for their last game before the All-Star break as they get ready for the Denver Nuggets.

Much has been made recently about head coach Stan Van Gundy's remarks about Magic center Dwight Howard's lackluster play lately, but when asked about the situation this morning, Van Gundy spun the focus elsewhere commenting on Howard's consecutive game streak which reaches 300 games tonight.

"That is an amazing feat in the NBA today and I don't care what your profession you are in, that is quite an accomplishment."

After praising Howard, Van Gundy finally offered a few words about the incident.

"Everyone was writing about it being criticism when all I was doing was stating reality. There was no motivational ploy behind it and it was just me stating the reality that we need him to play at a high level in order for us to play our best."

Rashard Lewis expects Howard to play at that high level and have a monster tonight.

"Dwight will be a monster tonight, you can best believe that," stated Lewis. "He is going to block five shots, get 20 points, and grab 20 rebounds."

When Howard blocks three shots or more the Magic are 22-2, but getting three Howard blocks will not be the only key for the Magic tonight as they face a very powerful Denver squad.

The Nuggets have two out of the league's top four scorers in their starting lineup with Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony, but the Magic are more worried about containing other areas of Denver's game.

"They (Iverson and Anthony) make tough shots and are the best scoring duo in the league, so all we can do is try to contain them," Lewis commented. "They are going to make their shots but we have to stop the other players and make sure those other guys don't beat us."

"You are not going to shut down Iverson and Carmelo," added Van Gundy, "but if you can limit the teams free-throws, fast-break opportunities, and second chance points then we give ourselves a chance."

Those three areas coach Van Gundy adamantly stressed as keys to tonight's game:

Limit Free-Throws

"Denver is near the top in the league in getting to the free throw line, so we need to stay in front of people and keep them off the line. One thing we did especially well earlier in the season was not sending teams to the free-throw line but lately we have been reaching too much on defense and committing way too many fouls."

Limit Fast-Break Opportunities

"If we allow them to get out in transition and give them easy buckets then we have no chance of beating them. We allowed too many of those easy baskets in Denver earlier this year and we can't compete if we do that again."

Limit Second Chance Points

"Denver is a very good rebounding team, so we need to box out of defense and crash the boards at the offensive end. We have to make a great effort tonight to rebound the ball and eliminate their second chance opportunities."

Van Gundy expects the Magic to execute these keys to the game while grabbing their 33rd win heading into the All-Star Break.

Keyon Dooling Update

Dooling sat out last game and is listed as questionable with a sprained left midfoot for tonight's contest. Dooling participated in shootaround this morning but the practice was more of a walk-through with no running involved. Van Gundy said there is a chance Dooling will play tonight but that it will up to the Magic training staff and will be more than likely a game-time decision.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo fan:

quote:
Originally posted by sunlfy:

I wish jameer got injured (not a serious one ofcourse) before the game..so we can see carlos against AI..I mean AI is not so hard to defense physically but its really hard to defense mentally..is carlos smart enough?

OMG!!

Plain dumb to say something like that. Wait 3seconds to get burned.

x2 & 3 ! ! ! ! !

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

at least AI cant post nelson up

I also think dwight goes for 40 tonight

I dont think so.camby and martin are good defenders...

another good team another lose...

quote:
Originally posted by the_rocket:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

at least AI cant post nelson up

I also think dwight goes for 40 tonight

I dont think so.camby and martin are good defenders...

another good team another lose...

doesn't matter, dwight goes for 40...