Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The "Bench Jameer" Thread.

bench Jameer!!!! Play Diener and Arroyo and give more minutes to the one thats playing better.And Jameer is a SG in a PG body,plain and simple!!!oh and I will play JJ over Jameer anytime.

You guys are wasting your time. Here is what Nelson said (Orlando Sentinel):

Nelson, meanwhile, said his lack of recent success will not deter him from wanting the big shot. He failed in recent overtime losses to Boston and Minnesota. But he hit the big, late-game shots to win games against New York, San Antonio and much earlier against Sacramento.

"The next game, if I have to take the last second shot, I'll do it again," he said. "I like that situation. If I get the next one, I'm going to take the next one."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
Originally posted by Detroit Magic:

Nelson, meanwhile, said his lack of recent success will not deter him from wanting the big shot. He failed in recent overtime losses to Boston and Minnesota. But he hit the big, late-game shots to win games against New York, San Antonio and much earlier against Sacramento.

"The next game, if I have to take the last second shot, I'll do it again," he said. "I like that situation. If I get the next one, I'm going to take the next one."

And thus the issue.

Any coach would want a player with an attitude like this. Actually, any coach would want a team FULL of this attitude.

The problem is, the coach needs to decide which of those players are going to take the shot. When the same player is chosen over and over and over, running the same play over and over and over, grade school coaches could teach their players to defend it.

So Brian probably wants a team FULL of players with this attitude.

Unfortunately, he is currently too FULL of himself to make room for doing anything different unless he receives a direct edict from upper mananagement.

quote:
Originally posted by Detroit Magic:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

The problem is you dont have to take that last shot, against Boston and Minni, there were several other ways you could have gone, and it is this attitude that is hurting this team, he wants the glory of a victory he likes the feel that eh won the game, and that is good, but share the wealth, let otehrs hit a big shot once in a while.

If you had a night of 14 attempts and only 4 made, that's not the night for you being asking to take the last shot. Basketball is for smart people. Remember how the Bulls with Michael Jordan won their championship when Jordan set up a three pointer of John Paxon? That's smart basketball! Then of course, that's why he is the best player to ever play the game. It's all about taking the smart decission on the court. If Grant Hill has scored the last 12 points of the game and his defender has proven during the game that he can't guard him, why would you give the ball to Jameer who has not being able to score a basket in 48 minutes against his taller, smarter, stronger, and more agile defender? Why in Gawd's name you do something like that? Unless you are retarded I would give the ball to Grant Hill in a situation like that. Well, history proved me right. Jameer can say what ever he wants but as the head coach you have the responsability to dictate who's taking the last shot using your experience and probabilities. That's not the kind of decision you flip a coin to see who's going to take that shot, nor you ask the players to raise their hands to see who want to take it. It's the coaches responsability and no one else's! Now-a-days all coaches at this level have in their hands a bunch of information (statistics) from his staff to help him taking this kind of decissions. I'm sure someone in the bench had to tell Coach Hill that the idea of letting Jameer take the last shot was not a good one statisticly. How many games he had saved? How many games he had failed? I wouldn't give him the ball unless he has proven during that particular night that he has left behind all his defenders and that he is in the "zone" at that particular moment. Otherwise, go with Dwight or Grant or even Hedo! Actually, if I could have it my way he would not even play at all! (At least not as a point guard)

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

If you had a night of 14 attempts and only 4 made, that's not the night for you being asking to take the last shot. Basketball is for smart people. Remember how the Bulls with Michael Jordan won their championship when Jordan set up a three pointer of John Paxon? That's smart basketball! Then of course, that's why he is the best player to ever play the game. It's all about taking the smart decission on the court. If Grant Hill has scored the last 12 points of the game and his defender has proven during the game that he can't guard him, why would you give the ball to Jameer who has not being able to score a basket in 48 minutes against his taller, smarter, stronger, and more agile defender? Why in Gawd's name you do something like that? Unless you are retarded I would give the ball to Grant Hill in a situation like that. Well, history proved me right. Jameer can say what ever he wants but as the head coach you have the responsability to dictate who's taking the last shot using your experience and probabilities. That's not the kind of decision you flip a coin to see who's going to take that shot, nor you ask the players to raise their hands to see who want to take it. It's the coaches responsability and no one else's! Now-a-days all coaches at this level have in their hands a bunch of information (statistics) from his staff to help him taking this kind of decissions. I'm sure someone in the bench had to tell Coach Hill that the idea of letting Jameer take the last shot was not a good one statisticly. How many games he had saved? How many games he had failed? I wouldn't give him the ball unless he has proven during that particular night that he has left behind all his defenders and that he is in the "zone" at that particular moment. Otherwise, go with Dwight or Grant or even Hedo! Actually, if I could have it my way he would not even play at all!

You're 100% right. Everyone wants to lay the blame completely on Jameer, but he shouldn't of even been in the game. He wasn't having a good night, and he sat the whole fourth quarter. But numbnuts decided to put him back in with a 1:30 and we lost. When we comeback and take the lead with a different lineup why would you put in someone that was struggling? Brian Hill is insane....

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

Remember how much fun we had burning Jameer in March with the thread "Is Jameer a team cancer?"? Here we are still crying out for the inmediate dismissal of Jameer from his duties and nothing has being done. Actually, all this started back at the end of January where the signs of inconsistency from Jameer were obvious, specially with his Assist/Turn overs ratio. Just for kicks I went back to all the games played in February and look at the A/TO ratio between Jameer and Arroyo. What I found made me raise my eyebrow. Then I went to March. Well, I decided to run some numbers and see what came up. Remember these are the numbers of the last two months. Jameer's: He makes 1 assist every 7.70 minutes, 1 turn over every 11.55 minutes. His ratio was 1.5 assists/turn overs (VERY BAD). Carlos': He makes 1 assist every 7.13 minutes, 1 turn over every 19.25 minutes. His ratio 2.7 assist/turn over (very Good). And Coach Hill sat Arroyo what for? Diener and Arroyo should be on the side lines of the games picketing! LOL!

LOL! I loved this posting!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

You're 100% right. Everyone wants to lay the blame completely on Jameer, but he shouldn't of even been in the game. He wasn't having a good night, and he sat the whole fourth quarter. But numbnuts decided to put him back in with a 1:30 and we lost. When we comeback and take the lead with a different lineup why would you put in someone that was struggling? Brian Hill is insane....

And like you said before, why not having JJ taking those shots? Or even Bogans? OH! That's another worth to mention!

Keith Bogans. Starts this season with extraordinary numbers, specially behind the adrenaline line (3 points line). He starts in many games and his numbers are great. Then a few of the injured players come back and he's relegated to come from the bench again. Then for no reason he's left out of the rotation. There he is, one of the best 3 point shooters in the league and we decided to sit him down. AMAZIN!!!! It's like if this coach is playing to lose. Then he starts him again in a few games, and after a few games back to, not the position of replacement, but to the darkness in the abiss. I mean, come on! How can anyone keep their rythem with such an inconsistent use from his coach! And you want him to not lower his numbers???!!!!! I thought that he was going to keep the second guard regular position and Grant Hill will come from the bench. How naive!

BUMP

I will be watching Jameer's (Jammer?) minutes very carefully tonight, as well as the plays drawn up near the end of regulation and the half.