Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Has Brian Hills offense turned dwight into the new dennis rodman?

It seems Hills offense is now geared to give dwight (you know the guy who was about 80% from the field for quite a while) no shot attempts and ask him to rebound and block shots. Play defense and dont get any plays called for you. Its Dennis Rodman.

Please dont blab about his foul shooting problems...the coaching staff should find ways to free him up at least 10 times a game. They just dont have the ability to design anything other that throw it in...throw it out.

I fail to see how howard was regularly getting 25+ points per game and now doesnt even get his name called....wait, lets see, score and they pull you out...thats redickesque. Only you brian hill....only you!

It seems Hills offense is now geared to give dwight (you know the guy who was about 80% from the field for quite a while) no shot attempts and ask him to rebound and block shots. Play defense and dont get any plays called for you. Its Dennis Rodman.

Please dont blab about his foul shooting problems...the coaching staff should find ways to free him up at least 10 times a game. They just dont have the ability to design anything other that throw it in...throw it out.

I fail to see how howard was regularly getting 25+ points per game and now doesnt even get his name called....wait, lets see, score and they pull you out...thats redickesque. Only you brian hill....only you!

one of the only things the coaching staff has done right Dwight needs to get his points off offensive rebounds and cutting and moving without the ball. Dwight leads the league in turnovers and had 5 with no offensive production to show for it all he did was pass out the double team. Jameer needs to stop shooting jumpshots and Hedo too or he should just stay on the bench. The offense should go through aggressive attackers of the rim like Trevor and Grant Hill they both shoot high percentages.

quote:
Originally posted by heartofachampion:

one of the only things the coaching staff has done right Dwight needs to get his points off offensive rebounds and cutting and moving without the ball. Dwight leads the league in turnovers and had 5 with no offensive production to show for it all he did was pass out the double team. Jameer needs to stop shooting jumpshots and Hedo too or he should just stay on the bench. The offense should go through aggressive attackers of the rim like Trevor and Grant Hill they both shoot high percentages.

BUMP!

It's also difficult for Dwight cause the fefense collapses on him.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I agree with this, they aren't freeing him up so they are just saying the heck with it and telling him to rebound and play D and get points where he can.

Because he leads the NBA by far in turnovers!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I agree with this, they aren't freeing him up so they are just saying the heck with it and telling him to rebound and play D and get points where he can.

He does, why does he?

quote:

quote:

quote:

He does, why does he?

No spacing. But that's a personnel problem.

quote:

quote:

quote:

He does, why does he?

No spacing. But that's a personnel problem.

It's more than that. Did you see what happened after Darko hit that jumper? His man rushed at him and created a lane for Trevor to get to the rim. That is coaching, he has removed that shot from Darko's game. We had spacing when JJ was in, why were we only putting him in for short streches? In the 4th when we were up, why did we not get Grant a breather to finish out the end?

We need more pieces no doubt about that, and we need to hit our freakin free throws, we also need to maximize what we do have. There has to be a happy medium between cutting him out of the offense and making him the focal point.

Dwight turns the ball over by traveling, 3 second violations,offensive fouls, stepping out of bounds,and throwing the ball away thats on him and no one else. The only ones that arent are when the guards dig the ball out of the post. Someone tell Dwight to stop trying to crossover the big men by using his quickness

Dwight needs to start doing what Darko did in the post tonight a couple times: Get the ball, and immediately make your move. Don't give the defense time to collapse on you, just go. Darko looked fantastic tonight doing that.

And as for the Darko jump shot, I swear to the great basketball gods, if Bhill doesn't start letting Darko take that shot every game, 2 or 3 times a game, than I'll have to retract my earlier statement that Bhill would make a good High School coach, because if he can't see how necessary that shot is for Darko's game, he couldn't coach a children's league.