jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Lakers * Feb. 8th

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Hey Jack I was wondering is their anyway you could include Postgame quotes in the opening post? I hate having to search the thread to find it.

We only get them for home games ...

I'll see what I can do.

JD, he's asking that you place them in your original post in the game thread instead of just posting them on whatever page the thread is up to at that point. Rich has a good idea here.

I know and I agree...

I WAS AT THE GAME YESTERDAY AND I DID SEE A BUNCH OF LAKER/KOBE FANS OUT THERE. BUT HONESTLY, I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE "BASKETBALL" FANS AND NOT JUST MAGIC FANS. I MEAN.. KOBE DID SHOOT A LOT OF FT BUT THATS BECAUSE HE MADE HIS WAY TO THE BASKET THRU OPEN LANES AND CUTTING, NOT JUST FORCING HIS WAY IN THERE LIKE D.H. HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE MAGIC TO GO TO THE FT LINE IF THERE OUT THERE SHOOTING 100 3'S IN THE GAME? KOBE WOULD BE A GOD HERE AND TO THE PERSON WHO WOULD NOT BE A MAGIC FAN IF HE WAS HERE... JUDGING BE ALL THE LAKER JERSEYS OUT THERE AT A MAGIC HOME GAME I WOULD SAY THAT 1 LESS FAN WOULDNT MAKE A DIFERNCE. REF/ NO REF. WHINING/ NO WHINING, KOBE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW REGARDLESS OF HOW HE IS OFF THE COURT AND HE IS JUST TAKING WHAT THE NBA GIVES TO HIM. AND FOR THAT I RESPECT HIM YET HATE WHEN OUR TEAMS PLAYS AGAINST HIM. OH, AND SOMEONE SAID THAT WE TOOK THERE BEST AND ALMOST WON, REMEMBER KOBE HAS A DISLOCATED FINGER, GASOL ISNT SETTELED WITH THE TEAM YET, BYNUM IS OUT AND NOT TO MENTION MIM AND ARIZA..... GLAD THERE IN THE WEST!

Folks,

Instead of arguing about what didn't happen or who didn't play for pages, let's concentrate on what happened.

On the faul calls:

First fauls - ok

Second Hedo faul - It was a flop by Kobe, if any foul needed to be given, it should be to Rashard Lewis who grabbed Kobe's hand.

Second Dwight faul - He hit hard on Gasol's chest, of course this is not Shaq so he fell hard. I don't know, Dwight could have taken it easier, refs could have called either way.

Third Dwight faul - This wasn't a good call in my opinion. Good acting by the laker.

Fourth Dwight faul - Again a bad call.

Fifth Dwight faul - This was a good call. He put his arms on Kobe while he was in the air.

Fourth Hedo faul - bad call again in my opinion.

Last play of the game - It looked like Odom touched Rashard's hand, no call. This could have tied the game with 3 free throws.

Redick's tangle with Vujacic - I couldn't see from the far angle, but from the looks of it Redick might have acted and exaggurated a bit.

On the overall game - I think referees blew more laker calls than us.

MA

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Folks,

Instead of arguing about what didn't happen or who didn't play for pages, let's concentrate on what happened.

On the faul calls:

First fauls - ok

Second Hedo faul - It was a flop by Kobe, if any foul needed to be given, it should be to Rashard Lewis who grabbed Kobe's hand.

Second Dwight faul - He hit hard on Gasol's chest, of course this is not Shaq so he fell hard. I don't know, Dwight could have taken it easier, refs could have called either way.

Third Dwight faul - This wasn't a good call in my opinion. Good acting by the laker.

Fourth Dwight faul - Again a bad call.

Fifth Dwight faul - This was a good call. He put his arms on Kobe while he was in the air.

Fourth Hedo faul - bad call again in my opinion.

Last play of the game - It looked like Odom touched Rashard's hand, no call. This could have tied the game with 3 free throws.

Redick's tangle with Vujacic - I couldn't see from the far angle, but from the looks of it Redick might have acted and exaggurated a bit.

On the overall game - I think referees blew more laker calls than us.

MA

LMAO

alright, maybe we werent watching the same game?

On the D-12's fifth foul he pulled baq didnt exert any force allowed Kobe to score, that is a no call situation right their.

You can't put both hands on a player that is in the air shooting. That is an easy call for the refs.

Overall, I thought it was not a fair game by the refs, but some calls were good.

MA

How much guys out their hands on d-12 when he is in the air? A foul is an illegal contact that influences the game unaccordingly.

That was a crap call

D.H. in my opinion should have gotten the foul, notice that he did not complain on the call when you grabed kobe while in the air. D.H. with 4 fouls previous to that and not alot of PT should have known better then to grap him. maybe he didnt want Kobe to dunk on him again? but i agree. to much talking about what happened and what didnt happened. We lost and magic is still a good team. we need to upgrade our bench, pf position and a back up for Howard. it makes me sick to see the west teams constantly upgrading by taken the only few good players from the east. uneven balance of power, the rich gets richer and poor gets poorer

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

How much guys out their hands on d-12 when he is in the air? A foul is an illegal contact that influences the game unaccordingly.

That was a crap call

couldnt agree with you more...if what Dwight did to Kobe was a foul, then what some guys get away with on Dwight is a Flagrant 7...

quote:
Originally posted by RealityCheck:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Phixsius:

Another game wit Nelson in the starting point guard position is another loss to the Magic, I know Jameer is a good SG but not have the mental brain to play PG in the NBA.

When Jameer not play Magic win!

Yes, this loss was most definitely on the shoulders of Jameer.

Nothing to do with Howard and Hedo both in foul trouble most of the game.

Nothing to do with our inability to stop Kobe or Gasol.

Fisher clearly outplayed Nelson and THAT is the reason we lost.

Forget the fact that Fisher had 2 rebounds 7 assists 0 turn overs and 14 points to Nelsons 2 rebounds 9 assists 0 turn overs and 17 points.

Fisher is a proven pro and a major contributor to the Lakers championship years and recent success on their current road trip. Yesterday morning thinking of how the game might play out, I thought the PG position favored the Lakers regardless of who played for the Magics. Overall, the game was so well played by both teams, its a shame the game was not nationally televised. All the top players on both teams showed why they are so great.

actually our top players saw the bench most of the game.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Reaction101:

I WAS AT THE GAME YESTERDAY AND I DID SEE A BUNCH OF LAKER/KOBE FANS OUT THERE. BUT HONESTLY, I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE "BASKETBALL" FANS AND NOT JUST MAGIC FANS. I MEAN.. KOBE DID SHOOT A LOT OF FT BUT THATS BECAUSE HE MADE HIS WAY TO THE BASKET THRU OPEN LANES AND CUTTING, NOT JUST FORCING HIS WAY IN THERE LIKE D.H. HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE MAGIC TO GO TO THE FT LINE IF THERE OUT THERE SHOOTING 100 3'S IN THE GAME? KOBE WOULD BE A GOD HERE AND TO THE PERSON WHO WOULD NOT BE A MAGIC FAN IF HE WAS HERE... JUDGING BE ALL THE LAKER JERSEYS OUT THERE AT A MAGIC HOME GAME I WOULD SAY THAT 1 LESS FAN WOULDNT MAKE A DIFERNCE. REF/ NO REF. WHINING/ NO WHINING, KOBE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW REGARDLESS OF HOW HE IS OFF THE COURT AND HE IS JUST TAKING WHAT THE NBA GIVES TO HIM. AND FOR THAT I RESPECT HIM YET HATE WHEN OUR TEAMS PLAYS AGAINST HIM. OH, AND SOMEONE SAID THAT WE TOOK THERE BEST AND ALMOST WON, REMEMBER KOBE HAS A DISLOCATED FINGER, GASOL ISNT SETTELED WITH THE TEAM YET, BYNUM IS OUT AND NOT TO MENTION MIM AND ARIZA..... GLAD THERE IN THE WEST!

Your cap's button broke?

GO MAGIC!!!!

i rather have arroyo low profile performance and win like in the 10 previews games were we went 8-2 than have an "outstanding show from nelson and lose, do the math!