Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Lakers * Feb. 8th

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Bravlady:

quote:
While the stats may look like Jameer had a good game, the team (without Dwight) was out of sync with Jameer.

You are my new "Idol", you do not get blind by stats, that's great!

My two cents...it all will come down as to which style of play SVG decides is more suited for the Magic to consistently win games. The fast pace game first shoot of Jameer at the PG or the more controlled tempo and chemistry of the game when Carlos is the PG.

The next few games should tell which PG and style of game

is more suited for consistent winning. Arroyo will remain in the bench a few more games to see if we can consistently win with Jameer as the PG.

The Magic know they can win without Jameer, now they need to find out if they can win without Carlos. After that, and before the trade deadline, a decision will be made as to whether we trade for a PF and what PG (if any at all) will be traded.

We may not trade at all if Otis and Stan decide that we need both PGs, because of the versatility it gives to the team and because we may have Battie back from injury before the regular season is over. In addition, the team has to consider the improved game they are getting from Cookie at the PF position.

My two cents!

SVG doesn't like either of these garbage point guards, that point has been made clear. We need somebody who can guard the point on the NBA level AND score points/manage the game. I don't give a **** anymore if these guys are scoring points or make Brian Cook look like an All-Star. I'm tired of the Derek Fishers of the world showing our point guards off to be the high school calibre players that they are.

quote:
Originally posted by HighClassTrash:

quote:

Bravlady:

quote:
While the stats may look like Jameer had a good game, the team (without Dwight) was out of sync with Jameer.

You are my new "Idol", you do not get blind by stats, that's great!

My two cents...it all will come down as to which style of play SVG decides is more suited for the Magic to consistently win games. The fast pace game first shoot of Jameer at the PG or the more controlled tempo and chemistry of the game when Carlos is the PG.

The next few games should tell which PG and style of game

is more suited for consistent winning. Arroyo will remain in the bench a few more games to see if we can consistently win with Jameer as the PG.

The Magic know they can win without Jameer, now they need to find out if they can win without Carlos. After that, and before the trade deadline, a decision will be made as to whether we trade for a PF and what PG (if any at all) will be traded.

We may not trade at all if Otis and Stan decide that we need both PGs, because of the versatility it gives to the team and because we may have Battie back from injury before the regular season is over. In addition, the team has to consider the improved game they are getting from Cookie at the PF position.

My two cents!

SVG doesn't like either of these garbage point guards, that point has been made clear. We need somebody who can guard the point on the NBA level AND score points/manage the game. I don't give a **** anymore if these guys are scoring points or make Brian Cook look like an All-Star. I'm tired of the Derek Fishers of the world showing our point guards off to be the high school calibre players that they are.

Derek was being abused all night by Meer

And "Meer" was being abused all night by Fisher....what's your point? It doesn't matter that he was able to score on the 34 year old at will, what matters is that he was consistently undressed on the defensive end.

quote:

Ibonedteribell:

quote:
Did any body notice how Howard picked up his game when playing with Jameer yet seems to lag off when Carlos is playing? Check his stats and FG% during the last 6 games. I was noticing that during the last games of Arroyo where his point average was going down, his screens by Howard and Turk were diminishing significantly that hampered not only offensively but also in his passing in assists. Yet in this game Howard was there like mother hen setting up screens in a very effective manner for Jameer.

There is no question in my mind that Howard feels better chemistry with Jameer and therefore consciously or unconsciously plays better with him

Yes, I have been noticing the same thing and I was wondering whether Dwight was doing it on purpose to make Arroyo look bad in favor of his best buddy Jammer.

When Arroyo starts Turko gets must of the shoots, when Nelson starts Dwight and Jameer himself take most of the shoots.

Could it be that SVG designs strategies this way or is the preferences of the players?

CarlosDarwin, you really should just stop talking now. What you just said not only is preposterous, but it has elevated your existence on these boards from being focused on only one player to now discrediting all the other players.

You sir, are not a Magic fan. If Carlos himself read your post, he would laugh in your face.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:

Ibonedteribell:

quote:
Did any body notice how Howard picked up his game when playing with Jameer yet seems to lag off when Carlos is playing? Check his stats and FG% during the last 6 games. I was noticing that during the last games of Arroyo where his point average was going down, his screens by Howard and Turk were diminishing significantly that hampered not only offensively but also in his passing in assists. Yet in this game Howard was there like mother hen setting up screens in a very effective manner for Jameer.

There is no question in my mind that Howard feels better chemistry with Jameer and therefore consciously or unconsciously plays better with him

Yes, I have been noticing the same thing and I was wondering whether Dwight was doing it on purpose to make Arroyo look bad in favor of his best buddy Jammer.

When Arroyo starts Turko gets must of the shoots, when Nelson starts Dwight and Jameer himself take most of the shoots.

Could it be that SVG designs strategies this way or is the preferences of the players?

CarlosDarwin, you really should just stop talking now. What you just said not only is preposterous, but it has elevated your existence on these boards from being focused on only one player to now discrediting all the other players.

You sir, are not a Magic fan. If Carlos himself read your post, he would laugh in your face.

The reason cant possibly be because in those six games he was conistantly denied the ball could it?

NA that might actually make sense, it must be because every player wants to make Arroyo look terrible, and force him to be traded, yes that one makes so much sense.

Live or Die Magic:

quote:

You sir, are not a Magic fan. If Carlos himself read your post, he would laug

Are you telling me that I cannot say in this forum what I think? Wow... I thought that in the USA I was free to express my thinking!!!

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

NA that might actually make sense, it must be because every player wants to make Arroyo look terrible, and force him to be traded, yes that one makes so much sense.

Well said Rich! The irony is that all of these guys like each other. I don't think that Arroyo and Nelson are faking the good relationship they seem to have. And everyone on the team likes Dwight.

That comment just really irked me.

Hey CarlosDarwin, go to this link, http://www.peleasdvd.com/balonboricua.htm

Buy these DVDs and put them on a continuous loop on your television. I think you will be much happier.

quote:

Are you telling me that I cannot say in this forum what I think? Wow... I thought that in the USA I was free to express my thinking!!!

Of course you are free to say what you are thinking! But the rules of the USA do not extend to a privately owned message board. Also, you should be prepared for the responses that your stated thoughts might generate.

Make sure to check out the DVDs in my post above this one.

Live or die magic

quote:
Of course you are free to say what you are thinking! But the rules of the USA do not extend to a privately owned message board. Also, you should be prepared for the responses that your stated thoughts might generate.

Oh boy..I'm already teetering!!!!

quote:

Live or die magic

quote:

You should be. There are a whole lot of die hard Magic fans on this forum who know a whole lot about basketball (which you obviously do not) that would (and likely will) annihilate you in an argument.

Stated by Highclass trash:

quote:
quote:

Live or die magic

quote:

You should be. There are a whole lot of die hard Magic fans on this forum who know a whole lot about basketball (which you obviously do not) that would (and likely will) annihilate you in an argument.

I can't hardly wait, I am always willing to learn!!!