Sign in to follow this  
Osi

And the Orlando Magic select...

I think all this nonsense about needing big men is exactly that. PLAY AUGGIE!!! We need guards BAD, especially at the point. Get Conley or Crittenton and have Diener come off the bench.

couldnt say it any better Robo, Mike Conley is what we need, a legit 6'1" pure pg thats athletic, 6'4"-6'5" wingspan, court savy, very smooth, not turnover prone at all, i doubt the Magic get him though, he will be a futre nba all-star

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Big:

Conley is good but he's listed as 6'1" in the Ohio State roster. I'd rather have Javaris Crittenton from Ga. Tech who is 6'5" and is a pass first point guard. His size would be nice in tandom with JJ or Jameer.

Didn't Crittenton play ball with Dwight? I thought I read that somewhere on here before.

As far as drafting, I say we package our picks and trade 'em for a decent scrub, or trade the picks and draft best player available. I really don't think we need any more young talent on this team; ESPECIALLY if "That Coach" is still around. Even if we draft Durant, he won't play until March, lol. I say it's time to add some good vets who know how to play a role on the team.

And, as far as big men, I think we'll have Dwight, Darko, Tony, James, Gortat, and FA. That's a nyce group to have. Now, we just have to find a coach to utilize James and Gortat.

Yes, Dwight's senior year they won the Ga state championship, Javaris won another in 2006. He is a great passer with excellent court vision.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather have Javaris Crittenton from Ga. Tech who is 6'5" and is a pass first point guard. His size would be nice in tandom with JJ or Jameer.

Didn't Crittenton play ball with Dwight? I thought I read that somewhere on here before.

Yes, Dwight's senior year they won the Ga state championship, Javaris won another in 2006. He is a great passer with excellent court vision.

If that's the case, what better way of keeping Dwight happy with is "real" best friend. I think Crittenton and Dwight would have amazing chemistry since they know each other. AND he's 6'5 with pass-first mentality!?!?! How's his D?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather have Javaris Crittenton from Ga. Tech who is 6'5" and is a pass first point guard. His size would be nice in tandom with JJ or Jameer.

If that's the case, what better way of keeping Dwight happy with is "real" best friend. I think Crittenton and Dwight would have amazing chemistry since they know each other. AND he's 6'5 with pass-first mentality!?!?! How's his D?

His D is awesome, Javaris would be my ideal PG for the Magic, he can do it all!

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I agree with Osi. Rich you are just hatin' because Conley is going to wipe the floor with your Gayturds.

If we had a chance of getting Conley we should take it and run like hell.

Lmao, the Buckeyes aint got a chance to beat us, we wiped the floor with them in January and we will wipe them once again tommorow.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If he's that good then I think we can package our picks and filler to move up in the draft. ESPN has him #26 in the top 100 prospects so he should be attainable for us in the mid to late first round. Who knows, he may even drop into the early 2nd round?

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

With the 45th pick in the draft, The Orlando Magic select power forward Chirs Richards from the University of Florida.

That would be a steal if we could get him.

Neat this subject came up. I was posting yesterday that Conley is the best player on the floor at times, even when Odom is playing. Odom is way overrated, IMO.

I would love to see Conley on this team. We would see several good shooters come out of that arrangement. I seemed to remember though that he is only a freshman. Won't be comng out for a while, maybe.

And robo, I agree. We need a PG most. When you listed the big men we have, you even left out Battie. Shows how many we have. And I am not even counting Bo and Pat, whom I am assuming will be gone. Bo, I hope into a new job with the Magic. Can the Magic just pay Pat's last year of his salary and tell him to stay home?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If he's that good then I think we can package our picks and filler to move up in the draft. ESPN has him #26 in the top 100 prospects so he should be attainable for us in the mid to late first round. Who knows, he may even drop into the early 2nd round?

The main issue is whether he declares this year or not, I would be suprised if he did!

Honestly though I think he would be ideal for the Magic, not to mention his great relationship with Dwight!