Sign in to follow this  
Fern1960

If it ain't broke... Don't fix it.....

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Didnt we make it to the playoffs last season with Nelson starting the entire season and we was running a bad offense. Now Turk and Howard has elevated their games, we have another scorer in Lewis, a better offensive strategy. ALso we play Dallas tomorrow, lets see what happens. I see tomorrow game looking playoff like. Besides Nelson has the best chemistry with Howard, how he cant get him the ball. Come on.

Because Jameer, who even said so himself, is a shoot first point guard. Hes a scorer. Always has been. Its what made him great in college. He could score. Hes not however, that great of a distributor in crucial times. When he penetrates, 90% of the time its to score or its not a good decision. He doesn't look at an offense with intent on making his teammates better. Good pgs do this without trying.

Don't sleep on Rondo. He knows how to run an offense. That was his claim to fame. His knock was his jump shot which is improved. Rondo is a stud. Plays good defense as well.

I love JKidd and I think he would put us into the elite. He would make everyone that much better. I don't think his the only pg we can get and be upgraded at that position but if hes available, why the hell not try?

Kenny the Smith was better then your giving him credit for. Good athlete. Tenacious defender. Good offensive awarness. He was no Magic but he was better then anything we have now.

Take a look at history. Name one team that didn't have a decent pg. Even teams who weren't champions. They had something. Only team was the Bulls but they had 2 guys in MJ/Pip that makes their team better.

Personally, Hedo is one of those guys. Howard has the capability but its hard to have your big guy to do that. You need a floor general at the PG spot. None of our pgs you can watch and actually say with confidence, hes our floor general.

You know what **** NELSON **** ARROYO i dont care who starts. Hell Stan can start all i care if he can get our 3 scorers involved. This is so stupid to talk about when Otis has already made his decision on what PG is gonna be in the Magic future.

MagicMan, you proved my point. You brought up the Bulls and Pippen and Jordan ran the offense more. So it can be done without a true pg. Even though they had the best player ever played the game on their team BUT Jordan NEVER had a Dwight Howard type player. Jason Kidd is great, but we can still win without him. We have the pieces, we just need DEFENSE.

As for Kenny Smith he was a good player i never said he wasnt, i said he wasnt no Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd type PG.

edit language

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

You know what FUKK NELSON FUKK ARROYO i dont care who starts. Hell Stan can start all i care if he can get our 3 scorers involved. This is so stupid to talk about when Otis has already made his decision on what PG is gonna be in the Magic future.

MagicMan, you proved my point. You brought up the Bulls and Pippen and Jordan ran the offense more. So it can be done without a true pg. Even though they had the best player ever played the game on their team BUT Jordan NEVER had a Dwight Howard type player. Jason Kidd is great, but we can still win without him. We have the pieces, we just need DEFENSE.

As for Kenny Smith he was a good player i never said he wasnt, i said he wasnt no Magic Johnson, Jason Kidd type PG.

I didn't prove your point. MJ man. Were talking about MJ. Come on. Lets not even go there.

Like I said, I don't think we have to land JKidd. Sure we can have a pg who can score a little but our pgs aren't starting championship pgs.

Otis is not the final say. Right now, Jameer is coming off a game where he didn't even play. The coach has gone on record saying he probably won't play for a few games unless he has too.

quote:
Originally posted by Hoezzz33:

I'm telling you, Jameer will come up huge later in the season. He may not be a superstar starting point guard at this point but I firmly believe that he can be a super star bench player. Hopefully he will accept whatever role Stan wants him to play. Lets not forget that Jameer can score with the best of them but unfortunatley thats not what we need right now.

you will be defending Jameer for the next 5 years, BECAUSE the guy SUCKS, LOL

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

It seems like Jameer will play in that game seeing that we need better ballhandling and quickness to keep up with the Mavs but they aren't that great in my opinion.

Oh boy if he does play extensive minutes and we lose to Dallas, I'll bet the whole barn that a lot of people will complain that the loss is all Jameer's fault.

Whats new..and if he has one bad pass he gets ripped left and right he is the pg that can do no good..and we have another that can do no wrong.

GO MAGIC!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

It seems like Jameer will play in that game seeing that we need better ballhandling and quickness to keep up with the Mavs but they aren't that great in my opinion.

Oh boy if he does play extensive minutes and we lose to Dallas, I'll bet the whole barn that a lot of people will complain that the loss is all Jameer's fault.

Whats new..and if he has one bad pass he gets ripped left and right he is the pg that can do no good..and we have another that can do no wrong.

GO MAGIC!!!!

ROFL .... bulls_eye

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:
Originally posted by high_voltage2333:

lmao all you read on this forum is dumb assss people commenting dumb assss sssshhhhitttt

An Arroyo fan huh? Dude, hes not starting material. Hes only starting for us because thats how bad the pg spot is. The only good team he started for was Utah and he drove Sloan nuts. He was a bench player in Detroit. Stop overrating the guy. Hes a good player but nothing that will take you to the championship.

nah dude never mind thats not what i ment.i know he aint a starting point guard caliber yet but you cannot sit there and tell me jameer sees the court better than him.even stan van gundy said it arroyo sees the court better than anyone on this team.if you pay attention to the games you will see the plays that he creates but 80 percent of the times the miss the shot thats not his fault.

quote:
Originally posted by high_voltage2323:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:
Originally posted by high_voltage2333:

lmao all you read on this forum is dumb assss people commenting dumb assss sssshhhhitttt

An Arroyo fan huh? Dude, hes not starting material. Hes only starting for us because thats how bad the pg spot is. The only good team he started for was Utah and he drove Sloan nuts. He was a bench player in Detroit. Stop overrating the guy. Hes a good player but nothing that will take you to the championship.

nah dude never mind thats not what i ment.i know he aint a starting point guard caliber yet but you cannot sit there and tell me jameer sees the court better than him.even stan van gundy said it arroyo sees the court better than anyone on this team.if you pay attention to the games you will see the plays that he creates but 80 percent of the times the miss the shot thats not his fault.

Arroyo is to experienced to be using the word "yet". He will never be a starting point guard. He doesn't penetrate and look for others enough to be that. He'll find cutters, SOMETIMES, and he'll find guys off of picks but he never penetrates and when he does, he picks the ball up and looks for help. Hes not a good pg. Jameer's game is a scoring one. Hes Ben Gordon but not as good as a shooter. Jameer will never look at the game like a true pg.

Thats my point. We need a starting championship, high IQ, LEGIT PG desperately. We lack anything of that nature and it makes us look like a low IQ team quite a bit.