Sign in to follow this  
Waltfeld

Earl Boykins might join the Magic?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

The problem with Billups destroying Jameer is less height than physical strength. Boykins is much stronger than Carlos or Jameer. In terms of a cheap backup quality point who does play solid defense, he'd be an improvement. Not to mention, a lot cheaper.

We still wouldn't have solved the problem since he'll also just be a backup. I guess we'll just have to gut it out with Jameer and hope he develops real fast.

The Jameer at the start of this season plus more consistency equals really huge smiles from me.

As for the strength part, can he really bench 310lbs? I can't imagine the guy benching Shaq, I mean look at him!

boykins.jpg

Is this a conspiracy to make Jameer look taller?

I really like Boykins game (at his height you have to respect what he has accomplished) but I don't see him as a good fit for our team. He's perfect for a team that has a bigger point guard that can start and bring Boykins off the bench as a change of pace.

Billups would be posting Boykins up as soon as Earl got off the team bus.

Boykins is good but short and we already have Nelson that is not going to be traded, so we will have two short pgs and I don't think that's a good idea.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:

The problem with Billups destroying Jameer is less height than physical strength. Boykins is much stronger than Carlos or Jameer. In terms of a cheap backup quality point who does play solid defense, he'd be an improvement. Not to mention, a lot cheaper.

We still wouldn't have solved the problem since he'll also just be a backup. I guess we'll just have to gut it out with Jameer and hope he develops real fast.

The Jameer at the start of this season plus more consistency equals really huge smiles from me.

As for the strength part, can he really bench 310lbs? I can't imagine the guy benching Shaq, I mean look at him!

boykins.jpg

he can dunk on shaq lol

quote:
let's brining in someone shorter than Hannah Montana to fill the void.

LOL Thats hilarious, but I think that it would be sweet, I remember Boykins when he started for the bucks last year he was a baller BAAAABAAAAAAAY!

quote:
Originally posted by the_rocket:

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

boykins.jpg

he can dunk on shaq lol

LOLOL ... this is the picture of the century.