Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

If your Otis, what do you do now?

quote:
Originally posted by TrueMagicFan07:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Haslem is on his way to Orlando!

Source Please! *I've always wanted to say that*...hehe!

Sorry, Soul Bro...I got it.

If I'm Otis Smith I would go after a Power Forward. Specifically, I would go after Joakim Noah, while he is still frowned upon by the Bulls. Noah is a bit dramatic, but he is full of hustle, and he could battle for rebounds on Offense and Defense side. He plays hard defense, and can fly up the court with Dwight. That would give us two very athletic big men, a matchup nightmare. Two very young, very athletic big men who would run wild on the East for the next several years.

This would allow Rashard Lewis to play his natural SF position.

Also, Noah is a fan favorite in Orlando. Many of those fans are people who left the Magic years ago when the team jacked up prices and shrunk the size of the seats. Those fans can be won back with a player they love. Noah won't win everyone back, but he could help win some.

If i was Otis all i would address right now is the PF position. I would like to get an expiring PF if i could cause Battie will be back soon. Since Otis has already committed to Nelson as the future PG here and all we need to back him up is a defensive type pg, theres really no need for Arroyo here.

Since Arroyo is an expiring player and his value is high because of his playing and because his contract is expiring, he would appeal to many teams. However, judging Miami needing a pg and us needing a pf, if i was Otis i would make a deal Arroyo for Haslem not straight up but them 2 players would be the focal point of the deal.

We get Haslem and they get an serviceable expiring contract with probaly a draft pick. Haslem would be a huge upgrade at the 4 and when Battie gets back that just gives us more big man depth.

quote:
Originally posted by StokesW:

Many of those fans are people who left the Magic years ago when the team jacked up prices and shrunk the size of the seats.

That comment stokes (pun) bad memories when the fans (sometimes) to either side of you fail to breath in properly.

Welcome aboard.