Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

With elite PG's you can get far. Most of the NBA Finals had an elite PG in it: Stockton, Magic, Isiah, Gary Payton, Kidd, Parker, Westbrook,Kevin Johnson, Penny. The rest that didn't have elite had very good PG's. PG is very important. AA for Bledsoe and Butler IMO is a good trade for the Magic. Plus your cutting back on salary.

I don't want the PG to be the best player on our team.

I agree with this but I don't see this as an issue when we are talking about Eric Bledsoe but you're right, they should be a side kick and not the number one scoring option.

I think the "might get away with Isaiah" line is even MORE ludicrous than Tony Parker not being an elite PG.

Zeke was an all time great!

I guess not everyone has a thing for bad boys. Still, I'm having trouble imagining more than a handful of guys who changed the guard game more than Zeke and Joe.

I don't want the PG to be the best player on our team. Just look at some of the superstars in the league: LeBron, Durant, Melo, George

Miami, OKC, NY and Indiana are in the top 5 teams in the league along with San Antonio.

The PG is supposed to be the sidekick (Parker, Westbrook).

Those are the "rules" in today's NBA and that's what we should follow, in my opinion.

---

But to say Tony Parker and Isiah Thomas are not elite is dumb

In that case we might as well mandate the wearing of silly suits, bow ties and rimmed glasses.

Funny - JUST read about that animal planet thing. The show is meant to be science fiction. hahahahaa which is even MORE similar to this trade.

Another way to get Bledsoe without giving up picks...

Orl:

use the 17.9 TPE to trade for C Butler, D Jordan

use the 1.6 TPE to trade for Bledsoe

Clippers resigns C. Paul and signs free agent Howard

only if Paul and Howard agree to that

then we can flip D. Jordan to a draft pick and expiring contract

I don't want the PG to be the best player on our team. Just look at some of the superstars in the league: LeBron, Durant, Melo, George

Miami, OKC, NY and Indiana are in the top 5 teams in the league along with San Antonio.

The PG is supposed to be the sidekick (Parker, Westbrook).

Those are the "rules" in today's NBA and that's what we should follow, in my opinion.

---

But to say Tony Parker and Isiah Thomas are not elite is dumb

Well, opinions on the "best player" is always relative. I'm assuming you value the ability to score as an individual higher than the ability to create opportunities to score as a team (one of the point guard's many tasks). A point guard runs the team, sets them up for success -- he's basically the hand of the coach.

So, I'd enjoy having the best player on the floor as our point guard.

Well, opinions on the "best player" is always relative. I'm assuming you value the ability to score as an individual higher than the ability to create opportunities to score as a team (one of the point guard's many tasks). A point guard runs the team, sets them up for success -- he's basically the hand of the coach.

So, I'd enjoy having the best player on the floor as our point guard.

I respect your opinion.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want an elite PG, I just wouldn't want him to be the most influential player on the team.

I wouldn't want to follow the Bulls formula (Derrick being the best player), I'd prefer the Thunder formula (Durant being the best player, with Westbrook as the sidekick)

I respect your opinion.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want an elite PG, I just wouldn't want him to be the most influential player on the team.

I wouldn't want to follow the Bulls formula (Derrick being the best player), I'd prefer the Thunder formula (Durant being the best player, with Westbrook as the sidekick)

I think harris will take the next step with a solid pg that looks for other players and pushes the ball. I think burke is the best option at making others better and pg play. I think bledsoe would be a good defender, scorer, and exciting for the fans. I dont want to pay bledsoes price tag. It will be over 7 mil.

Another way to get Bledsoe without giving up picks...

Orl:

use the 17.9 TPE to trade for C Butler, D Jordan

use the 1.6 TPE to trade for Bledsoe

Clippers resigns C. Paul and signs free agent Howard

only if Paul and Howard agree to that

then we can flip D. Jordan to a draft pick and expiring contract

Jordan may have the worst contract in the NBA. A team would have to be out of their minds to give up a draft pick or an expiring to get him.

I think harris will take the next step with a solid pg that looks for other players and pushes the ball. I think burke is the best option at making others better and pg play. I think bledsoe would be a good defender, scorer, and exciting for the fans. I dont want to pay bledsoes price tag. It will be over 7 mil.

7 mil worth. he is a jason kidd/mike conley type of point guard rebounder/defender, if he develops a 3 point shot he'd be a steal at 7 mil.