Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

Magic Going All In For Chris Paul's Backup?

Yeah, Henny should just go ahead and offer him a four-year/$25M extension the day he walks in the door.

that's sarcasm right... I am not saying the minute he walks in but I could see a deal being made halfway after we see what Bledsoe can do.

Bledsoe And The Magic: The L.A. Clippers seem to have done a good job outing the Orlando Magic and their pursuit of Eric Bledsoe. Sources say the Clippers are making sure there isn’t a better offer out there for Bledsoe than the package that Orlando is said to be constructing. As of last night, it seemed the Magic’s deal was centered around Arron Afflalo and possibly last year’s first-round selection Andrew Nicholson. There was talk that a protected 2015 first-round pick would be included, basically replacing the draft asset the Clippers had to surrender to get Doc Rivers out of Boston. The Magic would in return get Bledsoe and forward Caron Butler. The deal is far from done, according to sources, as both the Clippers and the Magic are exploring other options, but some of the players involved in the deal believe it may happen on draft night, assuming the Clippers can’t find a better deal.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-let-the-trade-rumors-begin?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nba-am-let-the-trade-rumors-begin&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So it's saying AA, Nicholson, AND protected 2015 for Bledsoe & Butler.

Not feeling throwing in 'Drew AND pick. SMH. However, if we're willing to throw in Drew, makes me believe Harris will be full time PF or we're drafting Noel.

So it's saying AA, Nicholson, AND protected 2015 for Bledsoe & Butler.

Not feeling throwing in 'Drew AND pick. SMH. However, if we're willing to throw in Drew, makes me believe Harris will be full time PF or we're drafting Noel.

I am fine with throwing Drew in there, defensively he looked as lost as O'Quinn did when he was on the court, he seems to play in slow motion most of the time. So we would be getting an up-tempo PG with ability, how far he will go is yet to be seen but I am excited.

Hennigan is crafting this team and looking at needs and its coming together pretty well, I can only hope come draft night its either Dipo or McLemore.

If we're trading Nicholson, Noel is the pick if he's there at 2. That's why this is waiting until draft night; Magic will make sure Cle doesn't pick Noel over Len.

The Clippers NEED Afflalo, not the other way around. We can trade him elsewhere or bide our time, the clippers can't. They are in clear win-now mode.

Hopefully Chris Paul says something stupid to tip the trade in our favor. I'm still laughing at them for giving up a pick for Doc (and it seems like they can't get KG and Pierce to follow).

I find people getting upset over losing Nicholson to be pretty humorous.

Because he's iffy on defense in his rookie year but showed an amazing array of offensive skill in the post and proved to be one of the more valuable rookies as a non lotto pick?

Yeah me too.

Because he's iffy on defense in his rookie year but showed an amazing array of offensive skill in the post and proved to be one of the more valuable rookies as a non lotto pick?

Yeah me too.

Iffy on defense is being nice, he was flat out lost there and his rebounding was pathetic for his size.

His offensive moveset is very well polished for a youngster though and we know he is smart. But he certainly is expandable compared to Vucevic, Harris and Harkless. I wouldn't cry if he was moved in a Bledsoe deal (assuming we don't give up any picks too), though I'd prefer we keep him.

• Upvote 1