Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Pistons * Jan. 25th

Game Notes...

PLAYERS TO WATCH: Orlando, Hedo Turkoglu -- Two consecutive 26-point games, including one in which he made six 3-point field goals against Memphis, ought to make the Pistons especially cognizant of him. Detroit, Chauncey Billups -- It's unlikely he'll again go almost three quarters before his first basket, like he did Monday night in Orlando. And if the Magic are nursing a lead late in the game and he gets the ball, they'd better foul him.

THREE THINGS TO KNOW:

1. During their current three-game winning streak, the Magic have held all their opponents (Portland, Detroit, Memphis) to less than 44 percent shooting . . .

2. Until their 86-78 victory Wednesday night at Philadelphia, the Pistons had lost three in a row and six of their last nine games . . .

3. Including last year's playoffs, the Magic are 0-8 at Detroit since February 2004.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Spo...A/sptMAG01012508.htm

Orlando Notes

Jan 24 The Magic extended their streak of consecutive games with five or more 3-pointers to an NBA-best 45. Their 18 shots from the arc also marks the 20th time this season they've hit 10 or more 3-pointers, and their 10 in the first half is a new team record. ... F Hedo Turkoglu has averaged 22.0 points over his last four after scoring just eight against Chicago on Tuesday. ... 25 of Orlando's 27 wins now have come in games when their opponent shoots below 50 percent. ... Following three straight DNPs, second-year G J.J. Redick checked in with three minutes to play and hit his first three shots to a chorus of cheers from the Memphis crowd. Redick finished with six points on 3-4 shooting. ... The Magic improved to 5-0 when G Jameer Nelson (right foot injury) is not in the lineup.

Detroit Notes

Jan 23 G Richard Hamilton scored 21 points to help the Detroit Pistons snap a season-high three-game losing streak with a 86-78 win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday. Detroit has won 13 of the past 15 meetings with Philadelphia including both games this season. ... Pistons coach Flip Saunders tied Ray Scott for second place on the club's all-time win list. Scott coached Detroit from 1972-76. ... Hamilton has scored 20 or more points 18 times this season. ... Prior to Wednesday, Detroit had allowed over 95 points in three straight games for the first time since mid-December

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2008012508

Comparable stats - Espn

Last 5 Games

ORLANDO (ET)

Jan 23 @MEM Win 112-85

Jan 21 DET Win 102-100

Jan 19 POR Win 101-94

Jan 16 @CHA Loss 99-93

Jan 15 CHI Win 102-88

Detroit

Jan 23 @PHI Win 86-78

Jan 21 @ORL Loss 102-100

Jan 19 @CHI Loss 97-81

Jan 18 SAC Loss 100-93

Jan 15 TOR Win 103-89

Depth Chart

POS ORLANDO (PPG) DETROIT (PPG)

PG J. Nelson 11.0... C. Billups 17.9

SG M. Evans 6.9 ...R. Hamilton 18.8

SF H. Turkoglu 19.0... T. Prince 13.1

PF R. Lewis 18.5... R. Wallace 12.3

C D. Howard 22.0... A. McDyess 9.9

Team Stat Leaders

ORLANDO DETROIT

Points D. Howard 22.0... R. Hamilton 18.8

Rebounds D. Howard 14.9... A. McDyess 8.4

Assists J. Nelson 5.8... C. Billups 7.1

Steals R. Lewis 1.1.... C. Billups 1.4

Blocks D. Howard 2.6... R. Wallace 1.5

Today's Line

FAVORITE OPEN CUR UNDERDOG O/U

@DETROIT --8 -8 ORLANDO --

ATS Orlando Detroit

Record: 27-17-0 (.614)... 30-13-0 (.698)

As Favorite: 19-10-0 (.655)... 27-10-0 (.730)

As Underdog: 8-7-0 (.533)... 3-3-0 (.500)

At Home: 10-8-0 (.556)... 14-4-0 (.778)

On Road: 17-9-0 (.654)... 16-9-0 (.640)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=280125008

Good Evening Deeeetttrrrriiioottt basketball!!!!

Move over its our turn to destroy the East!

3 Key things need to happen for this victory:

Keep Detriot under 50 percent from the field

Hedo needs to score atleast 25 points

Jameer needs to play less than 20 mins

Magic 105

Detriot 100

How sweet would it be to beat Detroit twice in one week?! On national TV too, now that would be great.

I say the Magic will compete and win IF:

Turnovers are less than 14

Magic defense limits Detroit to 43% shooting

Hedo shoots 48% or better from the field

I'm worried about Jameer and his first game back after missing a few. Do you think he'll start or come off the bench?

GO MAGIC

Everybody knows that tonight's game is going to be tough. Pistons fans are exited that finally Saunders is giving young PF talent Amir Johnson more playing time. Let me tell you that he seems as a very good talented player that can give us a real hard time tomorrow. I hope that SVG is aware of what Phil Saunders and the Pistons are planning against us tonight.

Here is part of an article I found about Amir:

Young pup embraces his chance in first crack at crunch-time minutes

Hello, Amir

by George Blaha

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Like most Pistons fans, I

I had a dream last night that i was a member of the Magic Organization. We were in the team Hotel before the Detroit game. Van Gundy called Jameer into his room in what jameer thought to talk about his role in tonights game. Jameer came out in tears saying he and JJ had been traded to Miami for Haslem and Jason Williams.

Could this be possible??

This dream came out of no where!

Us Pistons fans are hoping that Amir turns into a good player. Like all young players on good teams though it has been hard for him to get minutes.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a very tough game to win and am really looking forward to it. Everything points in Detroit's favor: big game experience, national TV, at the Palace, Rasheed Wallace referencing himself as a karate master but hopefully the Magic men are up to the task. Really the key to me is 2nd chance points. They gave a bunch to Detroit and a bunch to Memphis before blowing them out. If they let Detroit score what 20 points off 2nd chances they will lose.

Did you know: There is one more thing that Rasheed and Dwight have in common...

Rasheed Dancing

vs.

Whos better? You decide....