Sign in to follow this  
richnba

The truth behind American Idol

quote:
The typical compliment to a great singer in this day and age is, "You should go on American Idol!" We all have friends that can sing circles around Katharine McPhee and Chris Daughtry, and many of them may have tried out to be on the most popular show in the country. Most of these great singers don't make it anywhere near Simon, Paula, and Randy.

Could the show be turning down real talent? Could there be more to the audition process than we all think? Of course! Votefortheworst.com has known all about the ridiculous audition process for quite some time, so we

quote:
The typical compliment to a great singer in this day and age is, "You should go on American Idol!" We all have friends that can sing circles around Katharine McPhee and Chris Daughtry, and many of them may have tried out to be on the most popular show in the country. Most of these great singers don't make it anywhere near Simon, Paula, and Randy.

Could the show be turning down real talent? Could there be more to the audition process than we all think? Of course! Votefortheworst.com has known all about the ridiculous audition process for quite some time, so we

I don't get this vote for the worst crap, if you really hate American Idol, don't watch it instead of spending money to vote, all your doing is stuffing the pockets of everyone involved with Idol, they are getting the last laugh, not you......

Interesting read.

I never watched the show until last season, the one where Jordan Sparks won.

I watched the entire season, from the early funny auditions all the way through the finale.

I did find it entertaining and I found myself caring for the contestants.

However, I am not watching it this season because my guess is that the show is basically the same every season. Now that I've watched it once, there is no need to watch it again.