Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

New Guy Posting his First Trade Proposal

Also found this little comment:

The Curry deal has been the most controversial and devastating of Isiah's tenure. On paper, it appeared the Knicks were getting a young center with a knack for scoring in the paint. In return they were giving up draft picks and expiring salaries.

The move seemed risky at the time because Curry had a heart condition and there was uncertainty about whether it would allow him to continue playing basketball. But on the merits, it seemed like a good deal for the Knicks. They finally got a big-time center and, with Larry Brown at the helm, they looked like a potential playoff contender.

More than two years later, it looks like the Curry trade was the final nail in the coffin for the Knicks. It turns out that Curry did have a heart problem, just not the one the doctors were worried about. His inability to play defense, grab a rebound, block a shot or give a consistent effort on the defensive end frustrated Brown, and then Isiah, to no end. By the end of 2007, Isiah was experimenting with Curry coming off the bench.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...age%3dKnicks-080118a

wouldnt necessarily mind curry if it was for that package(w/ garrity being one of the expirings). it would allow howard to move to pf, hedo to move to the bench, and reshard to move back to the 3. howards defense and ability to rebound would overshadow currys lack there of. would hate to lose jj but would it really matter losing his 3 min in blowout contests. and we could always hope that curry would exercise one of his player options in the last 2 years of his deal. i really hope we use our expirings for somethin before the deadline or else they go to waste

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

wouldnt necessarily mind curry if it was for that package(w/ garrity being one of the expirings). it would allow howard to move to pf, hedo to move to the bench, and reshard to move back to the 3. howards defense and ability to rebound would overshadow currys lack there of. would hate to lose jj but would it really matter losing his 3 min in blowout contests. and we could always hope that curry would exercise one of his player options in the last 2 years of his deal. i really hope we use our expirings for somethin before the deadline or else they go to waste

I don't like the idea of moving Dwight to power forward. After all, he is one of the most dominant centers in the game. Wouldn't want to pack the paint with a guy like Curry.

I ll take Linas Kleiza though, did you guys see him yesterday. 41pts 9rebs. Got his first start replacing Kenyon Martin and had a career night on the Jazz. Lewis or Turk havent even made it to 30+pts yet and Kleiza went off on a team with Melo and AI. Thats impressive.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

Hey guy's. I'm a magic fan from Jamaica and i've been following the magic since Shaq and Penny. I've been reading the boards avidly for a few months and decided to join. I know it's not a great way to start but this trade has been in my head for a while and i wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

Orlando Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

John Salmons

6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.

17.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.3 apg in 36.4 minutes

Mikki Moore

7-0 C from Nebraska

7.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.2 minutes

Outgoing Players

Pat Garrity

6-9 PF from Notre Dame

2.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.5 minutes

Hedo Turkoglu

6-8 SF / SG from Turkey (Foreign)

18.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.2 apg in 37.7 minutes

New York Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Ron Artest

6-7 SF from St. John's

18.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 39.9 minutes

Kenny Thomas

6-7 PF from New Mexico

1.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.2 minutes

Outgoing Players

Zach Randolph

6-9 PF from Michigan State

17.0 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 32.0 minutes

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Pat Garrity

6-9 PF from Notre Dame

2.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.5 minutes

Hedo Turkoglu

6-8 SF / SG from Turkey (Foreign)

18.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.2 apg in 37.7 minutes

Zach Randolph

6-9 PF from Michigan State

17.0 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 32.0 minutes

Outgoing Players

John Salmons

6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.

17.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.3 apg in 36.4 minutes

Mikki Moore

7-0 C from Nebraska

7.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.2 minutes

Ron Artest

6-7 SF from St. John's

18.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 39.9 minutes

Kenny Thomas

6-7 PF from New Mexico

1.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.2 minutes

I think it's pretty fair for all teams. Why for Orlando? We get a REAL power Forward who can hit the open Jumper and Crash the boards and defend. We get a SG/SF that can handle the rock,defend and score a little. We lose Hedo but i think we benefit. we could have a line-up like this.

PG-nelson/arroyo

SG-Mo Evans/bogans/Redick

SF-Rashard Lewis/John Salmons

PF-Miki Moore/Cook

C-Dwight Howard/ Adonal Foyle

i would follow that up with a sign and trade with Golden State. Say, Arroyo and Bogan's for Monta Ellis.

A trade like this would allow the magic to play Redick at the Back up 2.

PG-nelson/ellis

SG-Mo Evans/Redick

SF-Rashard Lewis/John Salmons

PF-Miki Moore/Cook

C-Dwight Howard/ Adonal Foyle.

Your thoughts, be kind.

I like this trade because I love the nastiness of Moore and we REALLY need an attitude adjustment.

I would love to have John Salmons as our SG. He's a sharp shooter, good D. But I honestly don't think SAC would give him up. I think their plan is to rebuild around Martin keeping Salmons there. What I like is that Salmons is still kinda young so he could have several years to grow with our team.