Sign in to follow this  
bhnole

Will we hit 50 wins??

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I think the second half of the season is where we see the difference between this year's team and last. I don't only believe, i expect (barring Injury of course)us to win 50 games. On a side note, i want us to pull a trade. I want to see more JJ! I'm all for Bogans and Arroyo to Goldenstate.

Can't it be Bogans and Dooling? lol

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

For me I thought this team was good enough to do two things.

1) Get 50 wins!

2) Win our division and secure home court for the 1st round.

To make that goal we have to go 26-15 to finish the season. Considering the team plays 25 at home and 16 on the road AND all of Western road trips out of the way.

Do you think we can do it with roster?

I do...

I don't. Portland and the two games with Detroit should be a reality check and time to reflect on the balance of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

I think the second half of the season is where we see the difference between this year's team and last. I don't only believe, i expect (barring Injury of course)us to win 50 games. On a side note, i want us to pull a trade. I want to see more JJ! I'm all for Bogans and Arroyo to Goldenstate.

Can't it be Bogans and Dooling? lol

i'd prefer that actually.

we have a better record then we deserve right now.we got those road wins earl in the season when

teams are not %50 ready.that start made otis and svg blind.they are not aware of the weakness of this team.

1-we are really weak on defence.except D12 we are below avarage at every position.

2-when pick&rolls not working we are ineffectual on offence.we have to isolate hedo and shard or give the ball to howard who is not so well on them.

3-missing a real pg.arroyo and jameer are not bad but both are inconsistent even in a game.

4-bad rotations and weak bench.

I also really disappointed with SVG.we don't even have effective offensive sets like any other team.on defence every team tries different things.trap,zone etc.but we just do one one all game long when we are small most of the game.

I personally thing we can win about 45 games (+-3) and lose in 2nd round(narrow 1st round win)

one or 2 good trades(not like ariza/cook) may change all...so Otis make a move

i think our team does not have the heart to close the season out the same way we started. i see the ups an downs continue untill crunch time at the very end expecialy if another team in our division gets close to our record. i see us wining the division but i dont know if it will be with 50+ wins. you see our characture in games, we dont play well from the front. i think the same is true in our division if we are leading they relax but if it gets close then we will turn up the heat. anyway it will be fun to find out hu?

They could, but I don't think they will. I'm guessing they'll win over 40 (42?), which is better than I thought they'd do.

I think they'll win in the first round of the playoffs, too, as long as they don't play the stupid Pistons.

quote:
Originally posted by the_rocket:

we have a better record then we deserve right now.we got those road wins earl in the season when

teams are not %50 ready.that start made otis and svg blind.they are not aware of the weakness of this team.

1-we are really weak on defence.except D12 we are below avarage at every position.

2-when pick&rolls not working we are ineffectual on offence.we have to isolate hedo and shard or give the ball to howard who is not so well on them.

3-missing a real pg.arroyo and jameer are not bad but both are inconsistent even in a game.

4-bad rotations and weak bench.

I also really disappointed with SVG.we don't even have effective offensive sets like any other team.on defence every team tries different things.trap,zone etc.but we just do one one all game long when we are small most of the game.

I personally thing we can win about 45 games (+-3) and lose in 2nd round(narrow 1st round win)

one or 2 good trades(not like ariza/cook) may change all...so Otis make a move

Disagree on Arroyo, I think that if he actually knew he was the starter, he would pass and that is all we need for him. I hate any game where he takes more than six shots. He started to do that effectively but it all went down hill when he realized that he was not the starter but just keeping us around while Meer was hurt.

Why do we need a pg to just pass? Most PGs in the league today pass and score. Would anybody take Tony Parker? Cause hes gonna shoot the ball 20 times per night and have alot of turnovers. But he gets the job done. What pg do we need then? I ve heard peeps suggest Gilbert Arenas and im all for that but Gil is gonna shoot the ball 20 times a night too. You telling a PG like that wont fit here?

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Why do we need a pg to just pass? Most PGs in the league today pass and score. Would anybody take Tony Parker? Cause hes gonna shoot the ball 20 times per night and have alot of turnovers. But he gets the job done. What pg do we need then? I ve heard peeps suggest Gilbert Arenas and im all for that but Gil is gonna shoot the ball 20 times a night too. You telling a PG like that wont fit here?

arenas and parker are good point guards but not playmakers.kidd,nash,deron williams,chris paul..they are real pgs who can score when team needs(kidd in old days) and involve all teammates and make them better.see how butler and jamison are playing without arenas and with arenas.arenas can make our team worse.

there are not many point guards we can get,those are all stars but I think calderon just what we need for pg position.