Sign in to follow this  
SJU Faithful

Jameer

All these people have to stop about how bad jammer is. and how he is too selfish to be a point guard... sure he takes some bad shots, do we really need turkolu taking everything...jameer is doin fine and u guys should realize that

All these people have to stop about how bad jammer is. and how he is too selfish to be a point guard... sure he takes some bad shots, do we really need turkolu taking everything...jameer is doin fine and u guys should realize that

Welcome to the boards but for the record Jameer sucks monkey nuggets. He needs to be a back up but Otis is bent on living at a dissadvantage against the strong PGs in the league.

Honestly, i would like Nelson to be more of an scorer for us. I mean hes averaging about 6apg and 4rpg. I believe his assist and rebound will keep rising but his scoring really needs to rise up. Nelson so used to people saying he shoot to much that he doesnt know when he should take shots. Hes a good scorer too and were not fully taking advantage of his ability. Sometimes i wish he had a bigger scoring role lik alot of the pgs in the league does.

Jameer does not suck, but he is not our savior either. He is mediocre. Our opponents are using the strategy that if they hack Howard, he will miss the free throws. Several players take turns so that none of them get in too much foul trouble individually. What we need is a slashing point guard that can draw a foul, and preferably turn the play into a three-point play. When was the last time Jameer drove to the basket, and took a foul and actually made the shot. You can probably recall more times that he had the shot blocked, and didn't get the call. If a few of the Magic players could draw fouls on our opponent

quote:
Originally posted by mgcullen:

Welcome to the boards but for the record Jameer sucks monkey nuggets. He needs to be a back up but Otis is bent on living at a dissadvantage against the strong PGs in the league.

Do you have something against monkeys and little people?

Please it is obvious that Nelson is having a subpar season. Do not try to hide that. Otis knows that, SVG knows it, and more importantly Nelson knows it. Look at the facts. He is averaging less pts, steals, and has lower ft%. On top of that this is his 4th year in the league and he has not shown significant improvement. I will give him the fact that he has rebounded better and his assist are up too, but this year Hedo is having a career year, the team now has Lewis, Dwight has become a moster, and we are playing a system that has more freedom. On top of that he just signed a 36 mill. extension and was at the begining of the season annointed as the starter and along with Lewis and Howard one of the cornerstone of this franchise. It is not adding up.

As long as he keeps putting good numbers im good with it. I do belive Arroyo runs better with the staring line-up but Meer has picked up hes game a little and there is nothing wrong with it.

Jameer is a terrific scorer if you give him the chance. His shots are very accurate and he penetrates well because his speed. I think we can do better in that role. As a PG, I will prefer Carlos. I really hope SVG see it that way. We tried it for 3 games I worked great. But you guys know something is cooking behind the scenes and we need to be patient and support our team. Remember we still in first place in our division. Look what is happening to the Boston Celtics I think they have lost 3 out of four. Are they discoraged ? Heck no. They are still first in their division right? We just need to realize that ALL teams improve by the middle of the season, because they have time to analize and try diferent line-ups. Is fine for me if SVG still trying to find the perfect combination. I prefer that than saying, in the last week for qualifying for the playing off: "Man, I never tried Mo, Cook, Bogans, and Dooling rotation fairly, I do not know for sure if they are capable to dealing with the pressure of playing high quality basketball. For me Jameer and Carlos are playing good. But to be fair to everybody , he needs to try combinations specially the first half of the season. I think now he have a pretty good idea who is selfish, who is a poor defender, who move the ball better, who is a team player and who is soft. You will see we will rebound very soon. Go Magic!