Sign in to follow this  
Berto

Chris Webber back in two weeks

I think that if Webber wanted to come here, Otis would try to work it out.

But I don't think Webber will express an interest in us. I think he will want to go to a team that he can put over the top, not one that he would only help get a little better.

The problems that we are having....I am just not sure that Webber adequately addresses any of them.

Chris Webber is better than any other option we have at PF right now. If he is willing to come off the bench, he would provide the team with an offensive option next to Foyle while Dwight is on the bench.

If there is any way possible for Otis to sign Webber, than i hope he is seriously considering it.

Basically, it would result in the Magic having a PF with extensive playoff experience to come off the bench (possibly start later). This might allow the team to pursue a starting SG like Maggette with their expiring contracts instead of primarily concentrating on the addition of a PF. Also, any move that keeps Hedo in a magic jersey would satisfy me greatly.

Frankly, with our hole at PF, I'm surprised Webber wasn't signed 3-4 weeks ago.

I guess it all boils down to what Otis' trade options are. If he can address major needs through acquisitions primarily using our expirings, than fantastic. But if he doesn't feel like our expiring contracts can be used to significantly upgrade our roster, and his only option is to move Hedo. Then what?

I think more people would feel that way if they thought there was any chance of trading Rashard.

Rashard and Hedo cannot coexist (as starters) so one must go. Does anyone really thing Rashard can be dealt or Otis would deal him? That leaves Hedo on the short end.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I guess it all boils down to what Otis' trade options are. If he can address major needs through acquisitions primarily using our expirings, than fantastic. But if he doesn't feel like our expiring contracts can be used to significantly upgrade our roster, and his only option is to move Hedo. Then what?

If we lose Hedo, then all we are doing is trading one problem for another. This is a big mess.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I don't think he would ever trade Hedo. He's a steal considering how cheap his contract is. I'm in favor of a trade as long as it doesn't involve JJ. There's no doubt in my mind if we let him go he'll burn us for years to come.

I've been saying for awhile now if Otis doesn't intend on resigning both Carlos and Keyon there's no point in not shipping one of them out.

If Otis can't work anything out there's no reason why he shouldn't persure Webber if he were interested in Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Otis said many times about Webber, "the guy has to fit". Obviously Otis doesn't think he does.

Apparently Otis thought Cook fit and Van Gundy still thinks Dooling fits. So I woudln't go by that. Webber would probably fit in better than those two.

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Otis said many times about Webber, "the guy has to fit". Obviously Otis doesn't think he does.

Apparently Otis thought Cook fit and Van Gundy still thinks Dooling fits. So I woudln't go by that. Webber would probably fit in better than those two.

Nice screen name man. If you only knew how much my 6-year old loved you man!

Back on subject, I'm not near as down on Dooling as much as others. I'm not saying he's a perfect point guard but I love the way he plays hard, attacks the basket and is pretty much fearless. With how soft our team is I think that's a pretty valuable comodity. Give Stan a little more time to iron him out.

Cook showed a "little" life the other night in Utah. I'm still hoping he can give our team some contributions. The coaches seem to still believe in him. Time will tell.