Sign in to follow this  
bballbob

Where is Brian Cook?

As I said at the time of the trade, this was a horrible trade that is made exponentially worse by the fact Ariza could have been used to keep or acquire far better talent.

I read an article on hoopshype recently that stated there are more quality players on the trading block this season than in the past decade combined. Guess we'll have to see what JJ can get us...

we need to trade brian cook.

i try my hardest to justify otis smith's decision making; but that trade was out there. we get a shorter version of ariza who can shoot the three....OK its not ideal but i can learn to live with that part....but taking on brian cook as well?

i realize that brian cook was the main cog in this deal and evans was the salary matcher...but lets be realistic; it hasnt turned out that way.

i was never a fan of cook and definitely am not now....we played bo more than we play cook...I WANT BO BACK!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Magic through thick n thin:

we need to trade brian cook.

i try my hardest to justify otis smith's decision making; but that trade was out there. we get a shorter version of ariza who can shoot the three....OK its not ideal but i can learn to live with that part....but taking on brian cook as well?

i realize that brian cook was the main cog in this deal and evans was the salary matcher...but lets be realistic; it hasnt turned out that way.

i was never a fan of cook and definitely am not now....we played bo more than we play cook...I WANT BO BACK!!!

Actually on the west coast the understanding of the deal is exactly the opposite. The Magic wanted Mo (the main cog) and the Lakers insisted that Cook would have to be part of the package. Either way, the two were needed for the contract dollars to match. The Lakers had both Cook and Radmonovic who are identical type power forwards. So there simply was not enough time to go around since both played as little used backups. Since we are on the topic, would the Magic be interested in Radmonovic?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Good question. I keep reading about Stan is working him extra after practice and that he "IS" going to contribute to this team this season.

The question is when?

Man, if he doesn't contribute something Otis is gonna have a lot of explaining to do.

Enough already! Put the guy on the court and let's see how bad(or good) he really is.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Here's the timeline.

1. Otis Smith trades for Brian Cook.

2. Stan Van Gundy takes one look at Brian Cook and goes, "Goodness, what in the [bleep] am I going to do with this guy!?"

3. Stan Van Gundy puts Brian Cook through hell in practices in some sort of last ditch effort to make an NBA player out of this guy so another bungled move by Otis doesn't ruin "his" team.

And that's where we're at as we speak...

That second point is hilarious b/c you can actually see Stan saying that.

He's bbbbaaaacccckkkk!

His strength is shooting but he actually made a nice move and scored playing in the paint. Got some rebounds.

Anything he can give us is much appreciated.

Right here I am! The Sentinel did a real nice piece on him this morning:

quote:

Brian Cook must have been wondering why the Orlando Magic made the trade.

At least now he can feel like there was a reason.

After failing to even see the court for 13 consecutive games, Cook played significant minutes for the second consecutive game, having his best outing of the season Tuesday night in the 102-88 victory over the Chicago Bulls.

Cook played 15 minutes, and hit of his eight shots for 14 points, showing at least some of the reason the Magic wanted him.

He is a big man who can shoot, a 6-9 forward who will make opponents pay for collapsing around Dwight Howard.

"It hasn't been easy for me, but this league is all about opportunity. When you get it, you have to be ready to take advantage of it," he said Tuesday night. "It just felt great to be out there."

To read the entire article click here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-mside1608jan16,0,6738589.story

Cook was a major contributor in the Chicago game last night.

When you compare Cook to Garrity, I would say that Garrity is a better jumper (UGH) and Cook can get his shot off much quicker with more accuracy. I, however, think Garrity is a much better defender (UUGGH, sorry to report).