Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Cost of Michael Redd?

Redd doesn't fill a need for us and he puts us WAY over the luxury tax. If the Magic are going to commit to paying the luxury tax then the move needs to fill the big gaping hole in our lineup.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why would we trade for Redd to begin with? You still haven't answered that question.

We have 3 or 4 SG's on our squad already (Dooling, Evans, Redick, and Bogans). You can even throw Turk into that equation as well. Turk can also play PF if need be. Can Redd? What would Redd bring us that we don't already have (considering he is known for his scoring ability)?

Trust me, I love Redd and it would be awesome to see him on our squad, but for what we need right now, it wouldn't be smart. We would just be +1 and -1 big man who can play PF.

IF we were to trade for Redd, we would need a big to come back apart of the trade. I would go after Charlie Smooth of course. I think the Bucks have been underwhelmed with his performance on their team thus far, and would be willing to part with him. Who else do you consider we trade? If we keep adding players, at that point the trade isn't even worth it.

I answered your question above. To me, Redd is far superior to Hedo. Compare their numbers over the last few years. Historically, Redd averages 10 more points a game than Hedo.

quote:

And I ask you this, do we need 10 more points a game or do we need 10 more rebounds a game? That should answer your question about Redd.

Not sure it's that simple, though that's a fair question. My point is that Redd is a top shelf SG while Hedo is a middle shelf SF, historically speaking. Got to go to lunch ...

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

And I ask you this, do we need 10 more points a game or do we need 10 more rebounds a game? That should answer your question about Redd.

Not sure it's that simple, though that's a fair question. My point is that Redd is a top shelf SG while Hedo is a middle shelf SF, historically speaking. Got to go to lunch ...

Well I agree with you for the most part, Hedo right now is playing at a top shelf SF level. Not only that, he is a 6 ft 10 in SF that makes him even more intriguing to a possible trade suitor.

I'm just saying, if we trade Hedo (which I wish we didn't have to), we need to aquire a top shelf PF, not a top shelf SG.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Rashard & Dooling

for

Redd & Villanueva

I don't see Villaneuva fixing our problems Smack. The man is a cream puff on the boards.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Rashard & Dooling

for

Redd & Villanueva

I don't see Villaneuva fixing our problems Smack. The man is a cream puff on the boards.

Villanueva is a player that I believe SVG could quickly turn into a tough, hard-nosed player. If SVG can make Rashard a passable defender at the PF spot (even if Rashard still can't rebound at the PF spot worth a crap), he can do the same with Villanueva with even better results.

Anyhow, Redd isn't going anywhere. He is Milwaukee's franchise player. They'd be extremely foolish to trade him.

quote:
Originally posted by pneu:

Redd for Turk ? any day of the week ...

but Bucks won't even consider it so this discussion is quite meaningless

All discussions about trades are meaningless unless your name it.s OTIS or SVG

quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire:

quote:
Originally posted by pneu:

Redd for Turk ? any day of the week ...

but Bucks won't even consider it so this discussion is quite meaningless

All discussions about trades are meaningless unless your name it.s OTIS or SVG