Sign in to follow this  
FRED

Jameer Not The Answer!

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

quote:
Originally posted by rdeezy:

im tired of these stupid carlos arroyo conversations.

Actually its a Jameer thread with some natural correlation to Arroyo - seeing as we are discussing his time and whether hes the answer - I'm sick of having to discuss our poor play and lack of an active good option at PG (by any name or race, creed or religeon or any other factor other than play)- but thats the way the cookie crumbles. **sigh**

Your name brought back a memory...

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

Just a random line that popped in my head

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Can we please not turn this into another Jameer/Arroyo war please...

Is that possible anymore? Carlos has been on my ****list for awhile with his poor play, but I would agree that he should have either finished the fourth last night or at least got in during OT.

Jameer was having a miserable game and only continued that play.

Regardless of how much I dont like Clone-royo, I think he shouldve played over Jameer last night and maybe into the future as well - his stats (1 block?? 1 reb and some fouls shots*) dont reflect it, but he had that spark that we needed and when we needed it most.

But in my opinion choosing between the two is like choosing to get your arm cut off by a chainsaw or chewed off by a shark.. both painful decisions. Not what we need.

*this is an example where stats lie - remember that CA fans out there who like to live by them - I think he clearly had a better game than that and you cant always use them as golden proof.

Dude thats really original and funny and shows what you feel about the issue without being degrading to a player.

i really think Jameer is jealous of JJ, i think its because hes a fan favorite, probably looks better at practice and stuff you guys, yall know how it is, JJ probably gets a lot of attention even though he doesnt play that much. Jameer wants to be "Robin" so bad to Dwight's "Batman", you can see it on the court, he doesnt even look in JJs direction 85% of the time, and JJ could become that 2nd scorer if him and Dwight develop a great chemistry between eachother.

quote:

I guess my wording wasn't the best. I didn't mean everyone is a hypocrit, but there are a lot of people here who will give Jameer high praise when he makes those shots, and then will turn around the next game and completely crush him for taking and missing the shot. I'll grant you he should do more than dribble the clock down and take a 25 footer, but do you honestly trust Dwight Howard to make a play in the post with the game on the line? Ever since Dwight went through that stretch where he shot 41 of 45 from the field, he hasn't been that great offensively, having strong games here and there. He's still a turnover waiting to happen, and he's still limited with what he can do offensively. And we cant forget about the free throws....

However,y ou guys have me all wrong regarding Jameer . Over two months ago I called for Diener to be the starter because I felt he was the best true point guard of this team. Most people thought I was nuts, but that's not so crazy an idea now. AT this point in the season it's to late for that, so we have to work with what we have. Yes, Jameer has struggled mightily at points this year, but the offensive problems of this team exceed far beyond him. There are many more problems than just the point guard for us. (COACH)

I just think the negativity has gotten out of hand with a lot of the fans. Calling Jameer a bumb, and saying he'll never amount to anything doesn't help the situation. Our guys are playing their hearts out to make the playoffs, and they need the support from us. We need to check the insults at the door and cheer our guys on for this playoff push.

kberto, in my opinion this is one of the best posts that I have seen from you. Even though I may differ in some of your points, I respect this post very much because it has a lot of sense without the need to degrade anyone else. I say this because lately I noticed the tone on some of your posts was not the best. Welcome back my friend to the discusion!

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

quote:

I guess my wording wasn't the best. I didn't mean everyone is a hypocrit, but there are a lot of people here who will give Jameer high praise when he makes those shots, and then will turn around the next game and completely crush him for taking and missing the shot. I'll grant you he should do more than dribble the clock down and take a 25 footer, but do you honestly trust Dwight Howard to make a play in the post with the game on the line? Ever since Dwight went through that stretch where he shot 41 of 45 from the field, he hasn't been that great offensively, having strong games here and there. He's still a turnover waiting to happen, and he's still limited with what he can do offensively. And we cant forget about the free throws....

However,y ou guys have me all wrong regarding Jameer . Over two months ago I called for Diener to be the starter because I felt he was the best true point guard of this team. Most people thought I was nuts, but that's not so crazy an idea now. AT this point in the season it's to late for that, so we have to work with what we have. Yes, Jameer has struggled mightily at points this year, but the offensive problems of this team exceed far beyond him. There are many more problems than just the point guard for us. (COACH)

I just think the negativity has gotten out of hand with a lot of the fans. Calling Jameer a bumb, and saying he'll never amount to anything doesn't help the situation. Our guys are playing their hearts out to make the playoffs, and they need the support from us. We need to check the insults at the door and cheer our guys on for this playoff push.

kberto, in my opinion this is one of the best posts that I have seen from you. Even though I may differ in some of your points, I respect this post very much because it has a lot of sense without the need to degrade anyone else. I say this because lately I noticed the tone on some of your posts was not the best. Welcome back my friend to the discusion!

Is this a dude on dude moment?

quote:

quote:

Is this a dude on dude moment?

a Note to the board....

Dude, please do not sully "The Dude's" name by conflicting dude on dude with "The Dude", got it dudes?

DUDE...that's pretty funny dude! LOL