Sign in to follow this  
bringithomerashard

why is our drafting and front office such a joke?

We draft fran vazquez with like the 6th overall pick a few years ago, what a good pick that turned out to be for us..then we take JJ Redick the college basketball player of the year who scored more points in his career in the acc than anyone else in history, remember michael jordan, vince carter and many more played in the acc..Either develop our young guys in augustine and JJ or TRADE THEM!!! they do us no good sitting on the bench, JJ has touched the court in 2 of the last 8 games with a total of 8 minutes played he was the 11th overall pick in the draft 2 years ago! We need the depth so either play him or trade him, everyone talks about his defense and how bad it is...how is he supposed to get better by sitting on the bench? oh guard keyon dooling or keith bogans in practice (please). I thought otis was going to be good for us but now who knows! Orlando Tragic

We draft fran vazquez with like the 6th overall pick a few years ago, what a good pick that turned out to be for us..then we take JJ Redick the college basketball player of the year who scored more points in his career in the acc than anyone else in history, remember michael jordan, vince carter and many more played in the acc..Either develop our young guys in augustine and JJ or TRADE THEM!!! they do us no good sitting on the bench, JJ has touched the court in 2 of the last 8 games with a total of 8 minutes played he was the 11th overall pick in the draft 2 years ago! We need the depth so either play him or trade him, everyone talks about his defense and how bad it is...how is he supposed to get better by sitting on the bench? oh guard keyon dooling or keith bogans in practice (please). I thought otis was going to be good for us but now who knows! Orlando Tragic

I nominate this guy to be the next GM of the Magic. He clearly understands more about basketball than anyone currently employed by the Magic.

And he clearly has a superior wit, as is evidenced by the incredibly imaginative and original phrase "Orlando Tragic".

If Bob Vander Weide doesn't hire this guy on the spot, I will cease to be a fan of this team.

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

I nominate this guy to be the next GM of the Magic. He clearly understands more about basketball than anyone currently employed by the Magic.

And he clearly has a superior wit, as is evidenced by the incredibly imaginative and original phrase "Orlando Tragic".

Wow, relax, it sounds like he is a little frustrated when it comes to drafting like most of us here are.

If Bob Vander Weide doesn't hire this guy on the spot, I will cease to be a fan of this team.

Umm i hate to break it to some of you, but the magic have a long list of draft mistakes and letting young talent go. To be honest, I don't know how anyone in their right mind could defend the people who make these decisions. The 04 draft was a rare occurence in which we did a lot right. (Dwight,Jameer).

As far as drafting JJ 11th...I still think it was the right pick. We needed outside shooting and JJ is arguably the best college shooter of all time. It's up to the coaching staff to play and develop the draft picks, a concept we seem to be struggling with.

i defiantly disagree with the Orlando tragic mess but lets be honest our draft choices (with the exception of Dwight over Okafor AND the 2nd round trade/STEAL for meer which IN ALL HONESTY no1 had Howard being THIS MUCH better than Okafor and this pick was pure GENIUS) has been down right DREADFUL. I would never have taken Fran or JJ with the 11th pick in either drafts and all i have is four years of HS varsity under my belt.

the Howard picks seems to have given our front office some leeway and deservedly so but i dont know for how long if this draft debacle continues.

although Orlando's future is STILL really good and thats what drafts do anyway.

You realize we are the same people that drafted Dwight Howard ahead of Emeka Okafor, which is arguably the most clutch move in the history of NBA drafts. Since Okafor would have been picked first by more than half of the NBA teams.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

Wow, relax, it sounds like he is a little frustrated when it comes to drafting like most of us here are.

I am relaxed. I'm always relaxed.

I'm just of the crazy opinion that if you're going to imply that the people running the team are incompetent then you should at least have a plan of your own that you can share with the rest of us.

If you feel Augustine and Redick should play more, then let everyone know who they would replace and why. If you feel they should be traded, give us some examples of deals you would make and a least make a small effort to propose trades that are legal and that both teams theoretically might agree to.

As for the draft, it's extremely easy to look back at past drafts and say we should have drafted player X or that player Y was obviously not the right pick to make. There isn't a team in the league that doesn't have draft picks that are retrospectively indefensible. Posts that essentially amount to saying "I or someone else could have rolled the dice better" don't seem constructive to me.

I'm in no way opposed to criticism of these people, but if you're going to do it, at least have some better ideas of your own to justify your position.

(The word you in the above paragraphs is used generically. I'm not talking about anyone in particular)