Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Pietrus says he wants to be traded to Orlando or Miami to be close to home

Remember, Pietrus has a Kobe like veto clause, where he can dictate where he wants to go. It's either us or Miami, so we can probably low ball the Warriors. Huge upgrade over Bogans.

quote:

San Francisco Chronicle -

can't predict what his new year will hold, but he won't complain if it is not in Oakland.

"What would be best for me?" Pietrus repeated when asked about potential trade destinations. "Closer to the West Indies."

The fifth-year forward is again eligible for a new home today, three months after grudgingly re-signing with the Warriors for a one-year, $3.47 million qualifier on Oct. 1.

Pietrus must agree to any trade because he would lose his Bird rights, which allow a team to sign him without regard to its salary-cap situation. Both he and his representatives say they would green-light a move if it meant more playing time and security

Close to West Indies = Miami or Orlando, there is no other (same reason we got Foyle)

Remember, Pietrus has a Kobe like veto clause, where he can dictate where he wants to go. It's either us or Miami, so we can probably low ball the Warriors. Huge upgrade over Bogans.

quote:

San Francisco Chronicle -

can't predict what his new year will hold, but he won't complain if it is not in Oakland.

"What would be best for me?" Pietrus repeated when asked about potential trade destinations. "Closer to the West Indies."

The fifth-year forward is again eligible for a new home today, three months after grudgingly re-signing with the Warriors for a one-year, $3.47 million qualifier on Oct. 1.

Pietrus must agree to any trade because he would lose his Bird rights, which allow a team to sign him without regard to its salary-cap situation. Both he and his representatives say they would green-light a move if it meant more playing time and security

Close to West Indies = Miami or Orlando, there is no other (same reason we got Foyle)

quote:
Originally posted by Hakan12345@turkey:

unnecessary. we dont need him.

He is so much better than Bogans when he gets minutes. Has a ton of upside too at 25 years old.

Can hit the three ball like KeBo, but a much better defender, slasher, and better ball handler, etc.

Bogans is not the answer as a starting 2 guard.

Also, he will probably re-sign for cheaper than usual (not look around), since we're close to his family and home in the West Indies. This matters with our future luxury tax issues.

If we can low-ball them I say we go for it.

If Pietrus doesn't work out, he's only on a 1 year contract.

He is a better defender than Bogans and a better athlete.

We would need to send one of our SG's packing though, either Evans, Dooling, or Bogans. I doubt GS wants JJ.

Pietrus brings so much more than Bogans. 1 thing hes quicker and another thing is he doesnt just settle for the 3pt shot and thats what we need, a slasher. He plays decent defense and flat out hustle when hes in the game. I suggested him before the season started. But Miami showed more interest. Bogans would be good coming from the bench. That leaves Redick Garrity to be the trade bait.