Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Appears Golden State Might Want Carlos

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I don't know exactly how the salary cap stuff works out..

But I think Redick would be GREAT in Golden State. They shoot threes like crazy and are already the worst defensive team in the league. LOL sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

Why would you even consider trying to trade Carlos right now? 1. Have you seen this Magic team without him? 2. Have you seen this Magic team with him, even just backing up Jameer, let alone starting? 3. Have you seen Keyon Dooling (not) run the backup point at any time this season!?

So you want to trade our borderline PG starter for a guy who can't even crack Golden State's steady rotation. Not Stephen Jackson, not Monta Ellis, not Matt Barnes, but Mikael Pietrus. Not to mention we already have 57 shooting guards on our roster already. Yeah that makes total sense.

If this were to happen it would have to be for SGs we already have and/or someone deep on our bench as a salary cap-matching throw in. Redick, Dooling, Evans, Garrity, Cook, heck I'd even trade Bogans before Carlos right now. I wouldn't even think about trading Jameer because his value has to be pretty low right now.

You guys with your trade ideas need to think about the other team and what they'd be willing to do themselves. It takes two to tango.

Agree. The only way I think we trade Los is to really build for the future given that Los is a UFA this summer. I am not high on Pietrus. I am, however, high on Wright. If he were somehow involved, I'd consider sending Los.

The real question is are we true contenders or not? If not, then we probably should trade Los. If we are, then we should hold him. It should be interesting to see if we can resign him this summer either way.

*Edit: The real reason I want Wright is because of his facial hair. Like Dwight, his goatie reminds me of the Hawaiian islands ... bumpy, uneven, and more than spotty.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

The only reason I'd do the trade is for Wright. Anyway, I heard Nellie say that Wright isn't going to play this year. I believe that JJ would be better long-term in that system than Wright. Would you do Los and Redick for Pietrus and Wright??? Given that Los is the best back-up pg in the league (not including Calderon b/c of Ford's injury), he has loads of value. Carlos fans, would that even be worth it? Is Wright worth it?

If we can get Wright, then HELLLL YEAHHH. But, being the fact they just traded JRich for him, I think they place high value on him. This is why I said Croshere or Bryant. I know their value of these two players isn't as high.

bottom line is that we dont need another sg. pg are important and carlos is starting at the moment and we are winning. there is no reason to brake up our team using the players we use. we should wait until the trading deadline and use players like pat with expiring contracts and/or our 1rd draft pick and/or fan to acquire a good big man. like noah, joe smith, or t.thomas.

i want to keep the team together a much as possible. i would rather sign a player like danny fortson (to a 1 yr trial deal) then trade a valuable piece like carlos.

we are winning. we can improve with a move to get a big but using carlos right now would be dumb. imo. unless a team would give up a YOUNG player like wright or someone young that would really help us later over the years.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

I don't know exactly how the salary cap stuff works out..

But I think Redick would be GREAT in Golden State. They shoot threes like crazy and are already the worst defensive team in the league. LOL sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

Why would you even consider trying to trade Carlos right now? 1. Have you seen this Magic team without him? 2. Have you seen this Magic team with him, even just backing up Jameer, let alone starting? 3. Have you seen Keyon Dooling (not) run the backup point at any time this season!?

So you want to trade our borderline PG starter for a guy who can't even crack Golden State's steady rotation. Not Stephen Jackson, not Monta Ellis, not Matt Barnes, but Mikael Pietrus. Not to mention we already have 57 shooting guards on our roster already. Yeah that makes total sense.

If this were to happen it would have to be for SGs we already have and/or someone deep on our bench as a salary cap-matching throw in. Redick, Dooling, Evans, Garrity, Cook, heck I'd even trade Bogans before Carlos right now. I wouldn't even think about trading Jameer because his value has to be pretty low right now.

You guys with your trade ideas need to think about the other team and what they'd be willing to do themselves. It takes two to tango.

Now i wouldnt involve Arroyo in a deal for Pietrus cause Arroyo means alot to us, but you have to understand that out of all our sgs, they all SUCK on defense right now. Bogans gets to tired trying to keep up with other sgs, Dooling gets shot over like hes not even there, and Evans is mostly guarding sfs which they shoot over him as well. Pietrus plays with energy and plays good enough defense. He just might be a good pick up since we gave up Ariza the player that shouldve been guarding sgs for us. Also Pietrus is a slasher. We need to have as many of these hustle type of players as we can. If redick and Dooling is all we have to give to get Pietrus and a big man then im all for it. Bogans is playing entirely too much minutes at the sg position. He needs to be reduced in his playing time due to his lack of energy. Pietrus would be an excellent pickup. Sorry Dooling and Redick but Pietrus is a bigger guy that wont get shot over like Dooling does. Also Redick needs to go to a team that might actually give him some playing time. Pietrus is a hustle player with good defense and tons of energy, how could you say no to that.

The real reason I want Wright is because of his facial hair. Like Dwight, his goatie reminds me of the Hawaiian islands ... bumpy, uneven, and more than spotty. See pic below.

A big part of our recent woes was because of losing Arroyo to injury. Having him back put us on a winning streak. I would keep Arroyo as our starting PG.

Call me an extremist, as I know I won't be popular for saying this, but I'd trade Nelson before I trade Arroyo right now.

Unless we get a big, I'd keep this Magic team intact UNLESS we can unload Reddick. He is not playing anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

The only reason I'd do the trade is for Wright. Anyway, I heard Nellie say that Wright isn't going to play this year. I believe that JJ would be better long-term in that system than Wright. Would you do Los and Redick for Pietrus and Wright??? Given that Los is the best back-up pg in the league (not including Calderon b/c of Ford's injury), he has loads of value. Carlos fans, would that even be worth it? Is Wright worth it?

If we can get Wright, then HELLLL YEAHHH. But, being the fact they just traded JRich for him, I think they place high value on him. This is why I said Croshere or Bryant. I know their value of these two players isn't as high.

they mainly gave jrich up because of his contract. they got a good prospect in exchange for his talent but the main reason was the fact the jrich was about to make 11mil, 12mil, 13mil, and 14mil still on his contract. with is 50mil over 4yrs ouch.

they may give up wright for a 1st and carlos.

REMEMBER that the warriors still have about 10mil in trade exemption to work with. they got this from the jrich trade. they could get a smash parker and not have to give up talent. keep that in mind.

From the article:

Over the summer, Pietrus listed Miami, Cleveland and Dallas as teams for which he wanted to play. Toronto and Orlando were also among teams interested. The underachieving Heat - who meet Pietrus' desire to be closer to his home in Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean - reportedly are trying to move Smush Parker, but indications are that the Warriors are not interested in the guard.

-------------------------------------------------

Sounds like his real preference is Miami, but the warriors don't want Parker. I agree with Saucemoney in that i would not want to give up Arroyo to get this guy.

Everyone has stated trades for los, why not Dooling?

If we could get Pietrus for Dooling is that not and upgrade?

Pietrus can shoot he can defend, and he can slash. He could be our ideal sg, then going into next year we would simply need to boister our front line.

I dont know about any of you but Bogans is not the answer at sg, he has been torched in 6-7 straight games.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

Pietrus can shoot he can defend, and he can slash. He could be our ideal sg, then going into next year we would simply need to boister our front line.

I dont know about any of you but Bogans is not the answer at sg, he has been torched in 6-7 straight games.

dooling has given great energy off the bench for us. gs will want a pure pg type. imo. dont think it works for either team.

I dont know about any of you but Bog