Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Letting Go of the "Right" Image

The Magic are known for being the most family friendly team in the NBA. It is no secret that ownership/management believes in having the "right" guys on the team. This means having the "right" guys on and off the court doing the "right" things. Fair enough, but many media outlets have criticized the Magic for this position for a few reasons, the main one being losing.

Would the Magic be willing to take a chance on a not so "right" guy if it helps us win? The guy that comes to mind is Chris Anderson (aka Birdman). A bigger Trevor Ariza who was known for his hustle, he got kicked out of the league two years ago for "drugs of abuse." In January, he'll be up for reinstatement. At the time of his failed drug test, many viewed his suspension as very stiff. From what I've read, he's now clean and has changed his ways. No, he wouldn't start for us but could be the athletic big man we need off the bench. At 6'10'' 230, he is a 29 year old FC who has had a PER (ESPN) around 14-15 his entire career.

For me, I hope the Magic would be willing to give up that "right" image for the sake of winning and giving a guy a second chance. Here is to Chris getting another shot and the Magic winning!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

ive smoked bud with him before hahaha

Really? How long ago?

BTW, he are his in game highlights:

What if the movie Scarface was based after Dwight Howards life, do you think the Magic would let him go... Hell No!!! The Baltimore Ravens have a drug dealing murder on their team who won MVP of the Superbowl "Ray Lewis". The Browns have a running back Jamal Lewis who rushed for over 1,000 yards this year and he rides the Cocaine Train. Lebron James is on roids, the kids hair line is gone at the age of 21. We all know Jameer Nelson smokes some thing the way he plays. Image is over rated, just bring home the rings.

Chris Anderson = Master of Two handed dunks.

The guy pretty much dunks the same way and he probably grew up around my kin to learn to slam like that. Theres nothing wrong with two handed dunks because there were some comments on that very subject. They have a higher percentage of going in then one handers.

I really like this idea. In fact, I think this might be the best thing for the Magic. Don't think Anderson would rub off on Dwight with him being Christian and all.

This may be the best thought of the season for the idea of another big man for this team.

Yeah I'm tired of the Magic doing that, this isn't the 50s and just because your ball player smokes some ganj isn't a reason to bounce him from the team unless you don't have another reason to fire him, or unless he does it during the game, or it effects his game in a bad way at all.

It's obvious that in the original post you could have replaced the word "right" with "white" and see what soul is trying to say, and in turn I can see where he's getting at, the same with with the Jazz, I've noticed every draft pick and trade involving the Magic and the Jazz in the past few, and it's noticable, it's not like insane, we drafted Dwight, Maggattee (but sent him packing), signed Rashard (but that was recent).

I'm not calling either squads racist, they do have to look at the marketing aspect, salt lake city and orlando have the highest percentages of white individuals compared to the rest of the united states. But we did make some questionable moves in the past, we did happen to draft doleac, harpring, m. miller, gericek, we happen to keep andrew delcerq instead of ben wallace, we've sent all star quality players packing seemingly because they have tats on their arms or whatever, maggatte, chauncy billups, ariza, i'm sure we can consider the chris webber trade into that also. what happened to kasun? i know on the other hand we did happen to trade off m. miller, harpging, gericek, also. i know for a fact that great players come in all different colours, dirk, nash, yao, ginobli..whatever kidd and parker are?

but our pics and trades happen to be suspect sometimes, gortat? Fran? darko? guy we have in europe still? why not an american? are we looking for the next late draft goldmine from another country? why can't we pick an american guy? or even a thug (cold either be white or black or rican or whatever), a guy who messes up the other team defensively every once in a while? are we trying to build some sort of christian atlantis in orlando? i hope not, whatever the scouts and the gm are doing is in fact strange, I don't get it at times, maybe i'm not supposed to, i dont' even know if the owners/front office are in on this, but it's noticble folks.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

Yeah I'm tired of the Magic doing that, this isn't the 50s and just because your ball player smokes some ganj isn't a reason to bounce him from the team unless you don't have another reason to fire him, or unless he does it during the game, or it effects his game in a bad way at all.

It's obvious that in the original post you could have replaced the word "right" with "white" and see what soul is trying to say, and in turn I can see where he's getting at, the same with with the Jazz, I've noticed every draft pick and trade involving the Magic and the Jazz in the past few, and it's noticable, it's not like insane, we drafted Dwight, Maggattee (but sent him packing), signed Rashard (but that was recent).

I'm not calling either squads racist, they do have to look at the marketing aspect, salt lake city and orlando have the highest percentages of white individuals compared to the rest of the united states. But we did make some questionable moves in the past, we did happen to draft doleac, harpring, m. miller, gericek, we happen to keep andrew delcerq instead of ben wallace, we've sent all star quality players packing seemingly because they have tats on their arms or whatever, maggatte, chauncy billups, ariza, i'm sure we can consider the chris webber trade into that also. what happened to kasun? i know on the other hand we did happen to trade off m. miller, harpging, gericek, also. i know for a fact that great players come in all different colours, dirk, nash, yao, ginobli..whatever kidd and parker are?

but our pics and trades happen to be suspect sometimes, gortat? Fran? darko? guy we have in europe still? why not an american? are we looking for the next late draft goldmine from another country? why can't we pick an american guy? or even a thug (cold either be white or black or rican or whatever), a guy who messes up the other team defensively every once in a while? are we trying to build some sort of christian atlantis in orlando? i hope not, whatever the scouts and the gm are doing is in fact strange, I don't get it at times, maybe i'm not supposed to, i dont' even know if the owners/front office are in on this, but it's noticble folks.

YOu my friend just stumbled upon a new idea. I wonder..... The Magic's current owner Rich Devos happens to be very Christian. In fact, I remember that the owner wanted a Football team but seeing that the games were on Sunday most of the time, he choose a basketball team thus the Orlando Magic came into existence.

I agree 100%. We still have Jameer Nelson with tattoo's but is he the only one with Tattoo's? Even good guys like Duncan have them so I don't see the problem with any player with tattoos. It depends on there attitude toward others and the game.