Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Magic News

quote:
The Magic, guaranteed at least three second-round picks, will look into trying to trade their way into the lower levels of the first round of the June draft, hoping to perhaps heist another Jameer Nelson. But they also would be content at keeping their highest second-rounder, as is, and not have to guarantee a contract.

SCOOP DOGG

Smith said the Magic -- who are in need of another big -- had "some" interest in Randolph Morris, a 6-11 former Kentucky forward who just signed with the Knicks.

Morris, a former AAU teammate of Dwight Howard's, was ineligible for last summer's draft after declaring as a freshman (he wasn't picked). He is believed to be the first player to jump from an NCAA team to an NBA team in the same week.

"We tracked him like everybody else," Smith said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...&coll=orl-sports-col

quote:
The Magic, guaranteed at least three second-round picks, will look into trying to trade their way into the lower levels of the first round of the June draft, hoping to perhaps heist another Jameer Nelson. But they also would be content at keeping their highest second-rounder, as is, and not have to guarantee a contract.

SCOOP DOGG

Smith said the Magic -- who are in need of another big -- had "some" interest in Randolph Morris, a 6-11 former Kentucky forward who just signed with the Knicks.

Morris, a former AAU teammate of Dwight Howard's, was ineligible for last summer's draft after declaring as a freshman (he wasn't picked). He is believed to be the first player to jump from an NCAA team to an NBA team in the same week.

"We tracked him like everybody else," Smith said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...&coll=orl-sports-col

I wouldn't be suprised to see us even extending it to Hedo or even Jameer Nelson for that matter. Remember, we tried to acquire the 5th pick for Hedo and the 11th pick and reported by the media. That is, if the draft is pretty deep and not as worse as last year's.

If Vince is a sure thing, I can see Hedo in a package. As far as Nelson, his heroics lately have bought him some time & patience with the management. However, I still would not mind shopping him around.

I get pretty frustrated hearing that we need a big man. Hello?? James Augustine?? At least see what you have before basically discarding him. And please don't pull a Travis Diener on him!

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

I get pretty frustrated hearing that we need a big man. Hello?? James Augustine?? At least see what you have before basically discarding him. And please don't pull a Travis Diener on him!

Sorry to say this Hutch, but you know that's exactly what's gonna happen. Unless we get a new coach, 2nd rounders mean nothing to us. Diener and Augustine can be the next Arenas or Redd sitting in our own backyard. I know that's pretty extreme, but you get my point.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

Sorry to say this Hutch, but you know that's exactly what's gonna happen. Unless we get a new coach, 2nd rounders mean nothing to us. Diener and Augustine can be the next Arenas or Redd sitting in our own backyard. I know that's pretty extreme, but you get my point.

110% agreed.

DID YOU JUST COMPARE TRAVIS DIENER TO GILBERT ARENAS????? You may as well say he is the next Steve Nash!!!

Nyce, it sucks all the potential this organization gives up on. You can't blame the coach for everything. Too many players were not utilized here, traded away for nothing, and then prove how good they truly are. Oh well c'est la vie!

quote:

DID YOU JUST COMPARE TRAVIS DIENER TO GILBERT ARENAS????? You may as well say he is the next Steve Nash!!!

Nyce, it sucks all the potential this organization gives up on. You can't blame the coach for everything. Too many players were not utilized here, traded away for nothing, and then prove how good they truly are. Oh well c'est la vie!

LOL, Gilbert and Nash have NOTHING on Diener.

As far as evaluating talent, you're right, it's not only the coaches fault. However, the coach is responsible for dictating the amount of playing time each player receives. "That Coach", and the past Magic coaches, have all done horrible jobs at evaluating what have before trading it away. Maybe Magic's version of "fools' gold" is real gold?

I agree about the "fool's gold". I just know there is a lot of blame directed at BHill, from me as well, but All of it can't be his fault. We have had many of the same problems with the coaches we have had before.

Oh, and Diener is WAY better than Nash!!