Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD * Magic vs. Memphis * Dec. 15th

NBA Recap;

Gay scores 32 points, Navarro adds 25 in Grizzlies' 123-119 win over Magic

Posted Dec 15 2007 10:02PM

ORLANDO(AP) Rudy Gay scored a career-high 32 points and Juan Carlos Navarro added 25 to help the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Orlando Magic 123-119 Saturday night, snapping a six-game losing streak.

Mike Miller scored 19 points for Memphis, which shot 53 percent from the field, most of it from perimeter. The Grizzlies hit 12 3-pointers, including two clutch ones from Navarro in the final 3 minutes.

Dwight Howard had 31 points and 20 rebounds for Orlando, which last at home for the third straight time. Hedo Turkoglu added 24 points and Jameer Nelson 18 for the Magic, who couldn't protect a nine-point second half lead.

http://www.nba.com/games/20071215/MEMORL/recap.html

How does Dwight get A 30-20 and we still lose?

This has been the same thing all season, Dwight plays big everyone else defers to him and stops hustling. It is ridiculous and Hedo my god, I still dont believe when they went to a zone he took that shot, trying to be a hero, and insteasd he was a zero.

D12 and Hedo played 42 mins.

especially on the fourth Q, Hedo looked really tired. i dont think the rotations were good tonight but hell the bench players were awful too.

Evans is not a starter material.

Cook should play at the D-league.

Foyle looked confused.

JJ tried as much as he could, but the D was still off.

quote:
Originally posted by Redickulous:

Well, at least JJ looked fairly good out there tonight.

yup ,thats why navarro hit those 3's ...i bet he didnt even know navarro hit those much till Magic lost the game... he must concantrate on the game more not anything other ...

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Is it me or after every game the write up is about some guy from the opposing team having a career high?

Yep happens against every scrub team

Now we get to listen to SVG ***** and wine about how its his fault, how he should've played that guy more and how he should've done this instead of that.

Grow a pair man! Call them out!

quote:
Originally posted by n_cruz69:

Now we get to listen to SVG ***** and wine about how its his fault, how he should've played that guy more and how he should've done this instead of that.

Grow a pair man! Call them out!

I dont think his style is to throw his ugys under the bus on in front of cameras, they are getting it in the locker room thats for sure, it will be a long flight to Dallas guaranteed.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Turk:

quote:

yup ,thats why navarro hit those 3's ...i bet he didnt even know navarro hit those much till Magic lost the game... he must concantrate on the game more not anything other ...

I love how people like you rip on Redick and blame him for all 27 of Navarro's points.

I swear, some of you must not have much experience with the game of basketball or must not know how it works.

Yes, Redick did let Navarro hit some opens threes tonight, but so did everyone else that was supposed to be covering him. It was poor defense throughout the game on Navarro once he started knocking down shots. For whatever reason, Orlando's guards thought they needed to help on the Memphis guard that would penetrate and they would leave Navarro, allowing for Memphis to kick it out to him. Redick wasn't the only one to let this happen. I saw Dooling let it happen and I saw Evans let it happen. For whatever reason, no one was staying home on Navarro tonight.

You can sit there and blame Redick for all of Navarro's points and for the loss, but you're wrong. While he wasn't amazing on defense, he was for the most part decent. He looked pretty good guarding Miller and didn't give much up to Navarro in one on one matchups.

Most of Navarro's points tonight were a result of poor rotation. If you think otherwise, I really question your basketball IQ.

I thought we played fairly well. It was fun watching whole game. But at the end Memphis was just on fire. If they missed just 1 or 2 of the threes and it's a whole different ballgame down the stretch.

If we won everyone would be saying how good we played, I mean our guys still had very good games, Nelson 18/8ast/4reb, Hedo 24/4/5, Dwight 31/20reb. But now most of you are just whining for this and that, why do you even bother being fans.

Go Magic!

quote:
Originally posted by random:

I thought we played fairly well. It was fun watching whole game. But at the end Memphis was just on fire. If they missed just 1 or 2 of the threes and it's a whole different ballgame down the stretch.

If we won everyone would be saying how good we played, I mean our guys still had very good games, Nelson 18/8ast/4reb, Hedo 24/4/5, Dwight 31/20reb. But now most of you are just whining for this and that, why do you even bother being fans.

Go Magic!

Key word is if

If we had played good enough to win we would of won, many of these critiques are well deserved.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Turk:

quote:

I love how people like you rip on Redick and blame him for all 27 of Navarro's points.

I swear, some of you must not have much experience with the game of basketball or must not know how it works.

Yes, Redick did let Navarro hit some opens threes tonight, but so did everyone else that was supposed to be covering him. It was poor defense throughout the game on Navarro once he started knocking down shots. For whatever reason, Orlando's guards thought they needed to help on the Memphis guard that would penetrate and they would leave Navarro, allowing for Memphis to kick it out to him. Redick wasn't the only one to let this happen. I saw Dooling let it happen and I saw Evans let it happen. For whatever reason, no one was staying home on Navarro tonight.

You can sit there and blame Redick for all of Navarro's points and for the loss, but you're wrong. While he wasn't amazing on defense, he was for the most part decent. He looked pretty good guarding Miller and didn't give much up to Navarro in one on one matchups.

Most of Navarro's points tonight were a result of poor rotation. If you think otherwise, I really question your basketball IQ.

really getting sick of how this team cant defend ,especially on 4th quarters or break moments of the game ...

that must be because of poor rotation and team's physical condition but anyway cant stand these losses especially on home court , crowd must support and cheer more really i think ,especially when i watched GSW -Lakers game last night...they really push their team till to last second ...