Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Videos

It would be neat if we can edit the code and add YouTube videos... All their videos have the code right there and all you have to do is copy and paste. It shouldn't clog the server or anything because all it does is go out and grab it of YouTubes server.

Any chance this could be done? Perhaps a tab at the top like adding an image?

And what is the "code" tab do? The one next to the "image" tab? I tried using it and putting the YouTube code between it but it does nothing but put the code in the message...

It would be neat if we can edit the code and add YouTube videos... All their videos have the code right there and all you have to do is copy and paste. It shouldn't clog the server or anything because all it does is go out and grab it of YouTubes server.

Any chance this could be done? Perhaps a tab at the top like adding an image?

And what is the "code" tab do? The one next to the "image" tab? I tried using it and putting the YouTube code between it but it does nothing but put the code in the message...

The "code" key allows you to insert code, but only UBB code. UBB is a variation of HTML, typically only used on message boards and some blogs.

I think YouTube embed video code is probably too complex for UBB, but if anyone gets it to work, please share.

I've done some research and apparently there is a way to enabled youtube videos on UBB format forums. Just google "youtube ubb code" and you get a bunch of results. I think the forum admin themselves need to enable the code or some crap.

I could be wrong though.

I have enabled the forums to allow HTML in posts. As long as everyone handles this appropriately, we'll keep this as an option.

I agree Rock, as long as it is used properly, it should be great.

I tried to make it work but still can't get it to go... I tried embedding the YouTube code between [ CODE] [/ CODE] and also just pasting in the message. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Test

<html><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5_jGvyVvo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5_jGvyVvo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></html>