Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Why was it necessary to extend Jameer for $35-38m when he was RESTRICTED?

I don't get it. We knew he might be off this year, maybe because of his father, maybe because he isn't that good.

Why not let him play out the season when we could MATCH any offer? Does anone really think someone else would clear 8 million in cap room for him?

Please don't say it's because we were afraid of a Darko situation. Darko was a big worry because it may have prevented Rashard, so Otis renounced him to save time. This is not the case this offseason with anything or anyone. We have all summer to wait for teams to give Jameer an offer and match.

I do not get Otis. This is the same as when we extended Battie for no reason way over his market value.

Other league executives were baffled how much we gave Jameer as well.

quote:

Several league executives raised their eyebrows this week when another member of the class of 2004, guard Jameer Nelson, signed a new deal with the Magic. It's worth $7.6 million per season with no annual raises, $38 million over five years, an oddly structured deal that some already are calling an overpay, too.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/11003591.html

I don't get it. We knew he might be off this year, maybe because of his father, maybe because he isn't that good.

Why not let him play out the season when we could MATCH any offer? Does anone really think someone else would clear 8 million in cap room for him?

Please don't say it's because we were afraid of a Darko situation. Darko was a big worry because it may have prevented Rashard, so Otis renounced him to save time. This is not the case this offseason with anything or anyone. We have all summer to wait for teams to give Jameer an offer and match.

I do not get Otis. This is the same as when we extended Battie for no reason way over his market value.

Other league executives were baffled how much we gave Jameer as well.

quote:

Several league executives raised their eyebrows this week when another member of the class of 2004, guard Jameer Nelson, signed a new deal with the Magic. It's worth $7.6 million per season with no annual raises, $38 million over five years, an oddly structured deal that some already are calling an overpay, too.

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/11003591.html

I do care. His playing like ****. Whats wrong with him. He played 9 good games. But his playing REALLY BAD now. Im happy we are 15-4. But we at least had to see him prove himself in this season before giving him a contract extension.

we should make a sticky for our player that have a bad night. we did win. didnt we?

nelson has had a number of very good games this year and i think we did a good job of lock up a young pg to a reasonable contract.

enjoy the win!

btw he is going through a lot with the family issues. give the man a brake.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Meer has a few off games and now his contract (which isn't a huge one) is questioned. And leave it to Reece to find something negative in a 15-4 team.

So because the Cavs made the finals last year, no one should question Larry Hughes contract? Is that how it goes? What if Lebron had better players with him?

What if Dwight (near-Lebron impact) had better players. Instead of being happy we're 15-4, we'd be ho hum about it like Suns and Spurs fans are.

We have Dwight, so of course we're 15-4. Give me a break. Do you think Spurs fans are content to have a good record?

quote:

Not only that but he's pretty banged up. I think that's why he's a little hesitant in the lane right now. He got up very slow from that pick collison with Bynum.

He is playing hurt (physically and mentally) right now... and he just received some bad news (who knows what it is).

We know nelson can shoot and I'm sure it will come back (just like shard).

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

we should make a sticky for our player that have a bad night. we did win. didnt we?

nelson has had a number of very good games this year and i think we did a good job of lock up a young pg to a reasonable contract.

enjoy the win!

No, Nelson was also bad all of last season. Maybe he was going to be better this year, maybe he will be. WHY NOT MAKE HIM PROVE IT. Why extend him like we did with Tony Battie?

We had resitricted rights on him. Nothing to lose by making him play out the season. No one is going to throw a max contract at Jameer when Arenas, Baron Davis, Calderon, etc are free agents this offseason at point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Meer has a few off games and now his contract (which isn't a huge one) is questioned. And leave it to Reece to find something negative in a 15-4 team.

So because the Cavs made the finals last year, no one should question Larry Hughes contract? Is that how it goes? What if Lebron had better players with him?

What if Dwight (near-Lebron impact) had better players. Instead of being happy we're 15-4, we'd be ho hum about it like Suns and Spurs fans are.

We have Dwight, so of course we're 15-4. Give me a break. Do you think Spurs fans are content to have a good record?

I don't care. We are 15-4.