Sign in to follow this  
The Blizz

should jj get more minutes??

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

What is this, J.J. thread number 1,000?

Trade Bait!!!!

Funny you should say that Junkie because your boy Bogans was absolutely TORCHED by Raja Bell. Even Keyon was getting beaten by him. JJ's our best shooter, hands down, and we could argue that we have way too many shooters and that JJ isn't needed, but how many wide open looks (yet again) did we have last night only to connect less than a third of them? I really like Keith and his hard work over the summer on improving his jump shot, but JJ's a true shooter, while Keith is just trying to fit in the flow of the team.

Also, in the minutes that he defended Bell, he didn't score! You know why? Bell was running Bogans and Dooling off screens all night long, but JJ was chasing him around without leaving him open once, something he's very accustom to doing on the offensive end.

Lately, we've been missing a large amount of wide open shots, and JJ can make opposing teams pay every time.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

bj i would love to have the time to be drawn into this nonsense but thankfully i have better thins to do. by the way your boy bogans looks like a canadate for trade bait as well. it will be interesting to see who goes first. who are you going to put your money on. go magic. jacklj

Jack, whats up man?!

Made anymore insults to guys that maybe don't have the same opinion as you about Redick?

I wonder if you and J.J. used to ride bikes together when he was at Duke?

Don't be a stranger on the boards man.

And he was talked to about it. Now lets drop it, I'm tired of this endless cycle of snipping at each other.

bj, to be honest i would like to see jj play more because like you i want to know if he can make it in the nba. i feel like he can but he hasnt proved it yet. i have followed his career a long time and he always seems to find a way. lets all hope he makes it. it will be great for the magic. on the subject of bogans i see him doing as he did last year. he plays some then he walks. he has played very hard at times but if he is not interested he doesnt help and gets himself in trouble. that is why i think we need better energy at that spot. he will surely have his hands full against l.a.. arguing about who should play is not what im about. i hope they both play well and the magic win. jacklj

by the way i did not go to duke and i am old enough to be jj's grand father. i am just a long time fan of good basketball. i ride a american iron horse chopper not a bike!!!!!!!!!!!! go magic jacklj

Yea i also hope JJ get more playing time. The last couple of games he played in given decent minutes he looked pretty good on offense and defense. I have a feeling that everybody thinks that JJ is being traded, but that might not be true, it could be Dooling or Bogans being traded cause earlier this season they tried trading both of them. Never mentioned JJ in a trade. So you just never know but JJ has been playing good and hopefully hes able to be fitted in the rotation. I mean SVG wants shooters surrounding Howard right, why not put JJ in.

Another thing, we all look at the Magic roster as them having 4 sgs. They actually use Evans more at the 3. Hes more of an backup small forward so that really leaves 3sgs. So they might end up keeping all their guards unless a better offer comes to them. I want J.R. Smith and it might take giving up J.J. Redick and another for him. So for J.R. Smith, I ll do that trade. Sorry JJ and i like how JJ plays but Smith brings more offense and shoots just as good but not better than JJ. If there was a way to keep them both i would. Cause i believe Denver wanted Keyon Dooling and i would give him up quick for J.R. Smith. Sorry Dooling but Smith is gonna be something special given a starting role with good minutes.

Not only should JJ get more minutes, but they should get him the ball more often. Against Phoenix, he was open several times, but they didn't pass him the ball. It almost looks like they avoid him. The times when he was open but didn't get the ball, somebody else jacked up a shot and missed. His defense is adequate. Right now Bogans isn't playing that great. Why not go with whoever has the hot hand?

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

Another thing, we all look at the Magic roster as them having 4 sgs. They actually use Evans more at the 3. Hes more of an backup small forward so that really leaves 3sgs. So they might end up keeping all their guards unless a better offer comes to them. I want J.R. Smith and it might take giving up J.J. Redick and another for him. So for J.R. Smith, I ll do that trade. Sorry JJ and i like how JJ plays but Smith brings more offense and shoots just as good but not better than JJ. If there was a way to keep them both i would. Cause i believe Denver wanted Keyon Dooling and i would give him up quick for J.R. Smith. Sorry Dooling but Smith is gonna be something special given a starting role with good minutes.

Sorry, but I would rather keep my boy Redick than trade for that thug/chemistry killer JR Smith.

'Nuff said.