Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

How fantastic was Carlos Arroyo tonight?

14 assists and 1 turnover

Those are world class numbers! We do not win this game without Carlos tonight. By far the best game I've seen (heard actually) Carlos play. I really don't have enough compliments to give him right now. He only took 3 shots and focused entirely on distributing the ball (which is something I don't see him do often). I know its only one game but...wow what a game.

Please please please don't start any wars in this thread. Only positives about a great night from one of our point guards.

14 assists and 1 turnover

Those are world class numbers! We do not win this game without Carlos tonight. By far the best game I've seen (heard actually) Carlos play. I really don't have enough compliments to give him right now. He only took 3 shots and focused entirely on distributing the ball (which is something I don't see him do often). I know its only one game but...wow what a game.

Please please please don't start any wars in this thread. Only positives about a great night from one of our point guards.

The open court system is benefiting him a lot, because his best skill is penetrating and dishing out and the pick and rolls. He can push the tempo as well. As long as he doesnt fall in love with his jumper he will be alright (he shouldnt with shooters like Hedo and Rashard out there).

Arroyo was outstanding and his recognition down the stretch was probably the most subtle and most impressive aspect of his game all night IMO.

Seattle changed up their D down the stretch and really started packing it in against Dwight. Arroyo recognizes this, makes the simple drive and kicks to Hedo & Bogans, game over. Outstanding game management. He played like a true floor general tonight.

Nahhhh... that was just an average game from Arroyo... nothing to brag about. I've seen him in better games. lol! It was a good show of what I'd being saying he can do when the coach trusts him and give him the mental trust he needs.I don't know what I'm saying.. it's too late and I need to go to bed. Good night all!

i noticed his transition from shoot first to pass first about 3 games ago. credit the coaching staff for this one. if he continues, he could become a very, very valuable back-up.

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo #1:

He can push the tempo as well.

He can, but that would be my only criticism of his game tonight. The tempo slowed down and we became almost an exclusive half court team while he was in the game tonight. There were a several times he had opportunities in transition and took the air out of the ball.

Jameer is nowhere near the play maker Arroyo is when he's on top of his game, but he's consistently pushed the ball into the front court faster than Arroyo THIS YEAR. Arroyo was a surgeon tonight, but our offensive system calls for a little less micromanagement/methodical approach. Constructive criticism, he played a great game.

I'd add that I've always held Earl Watson's defensive play in high esteem and he made Watson look very marginal tonight.

Very impressive i can't believe arroyo only had 1 turnover With all the times he touched the rock. He really impressed me he is normally good for 4 turnovers with some errant passes. I think we could have pulled it out jameer would of had to play hurt, but i like the fact he only went 24 minutes and got to rest up some before phoenix. How about JJ is my question it looks (sounded **** brighthouse) like he was playing for some minutes.

What??? Have you watched any games this season? He is only averaging one turnover a game. Call him a ball hog if you will, but he is not as turnover prone as you think he is. He is top 15 in ***/to ratio.

I just watched a replay of the game and Stan and Matt Goukas or both just said Arroyo had the best game they've ever seen in NBA history for a guy that scored "0" points!

Go Magic!!!