Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

How fantastic was Carlos Arroyo tonight?

quote:
Originally posted by Arroyo #1:

LOL, do you know where Ginobili is from?

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

quote:

I just happened to watch Arroyo, Navarro, Najera, & Garcia all play in the span of 48 hours and found it interesting that they were all below average athletes who could measure their verticals in single digits. Not something I've ever really thought about considering the lack of Hispancis in pro sports outside of baseball.

How about Manu Ginoboli for a hispanic that can jump?

How about he's not Hispanic.

Say wut? I don't know bout you guys, but i really don't understand this post?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

quote:

I just happened to watch Arroyo, Navarro, Najera, & Garcia all play in the span of 48 hours and found it interesting that they were all below average athletes who could measure their verticals in single digits. Not something I've ever really thought about considering the lack of Hispancis in pro sports outside of baseball.

How about Manu Ginoboli for a hispanic that can jump?

How about he's not Hispanic.

Ginobili is hispanic from Argentina, and regarding that Hispanic can't jump Puerto Rico had another PG in the NBA is name is JJ Barrea, he is 5'9" and he can dunk my friend, and What about Melo?

So what? There are un-mixed white hispanics in every country. There are white Puertorricans with Spanish ancestry. Does that make them stop being Puertorricans? I dont think so.

Also if he considered himself Italian, he would have played for Italy.

It's so funny how from a thread of Arroyo's performance we are already trying to explaing the ancesters of other players here. Manu is argentinian and that makes him latin, P E R I O D. My last name is french and I my grand parents are spaniards and irish, but I am A M E R I C A N! So with that cleared out...

Originally quoted by BIG J

quote:
Hey for the people saying all the media didn't say anything bout Los night, ... ummm

We were talking about NBA.com in particular. I know that many other places they covered it and we were wondering why NBA.com is not, specially when they are trying so hard to globalized the NBA lately. I'm sure that if you go to NBA.com en espanol they covered it better (just assuming since I have not looked). But thanks for bringing the other media that DID covered.

quote:

So what? There are un-mixed white hispanics in every country. There are white Puertorricans with Spanish ancestry. Does that make them stop being Puertorricans? I dont think so.

I'll fully aware and cultured with respect to hispanic ancestry. Far more than you'd probably suspect. Which is why I knew Manu was Italian despite coming from Argentina. I'm not a rabid Manu fan and didn't need his bio to have knowledge of the obvious.

Attempting to claim Manu is a hispanic athlete would be like me claiming I was black if I was born in Africa.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

i always knew arroyo could put up a ratio like that! ****, arroyo has amazing ball handling skills and can drop a dime through the smallest windows. A true PG performance. Many of his previous games, i've seen him look for a mid range shot or one of his favorite off-balance jumpers, but this game against the sonics, he enlightened me to a whole new carlos arroyo. The fast, agile, pass-first carlos arroyo.

I've always said if a coach told Arroyo he wasn't allowed to shot, he had the potential to be a decent floor general.

Fast however, is really pushing it. If Carlos didn't have a yo-yo handle, he wouldn't have a chance of playing in the NBA.

Speaking of athleticism, I think Hollywood needs a remake titled Hispanics Can't Jump. I think JJ Redick has a higher vertical than all the Hispanics in the NBA combined.

Al Horford? Guillermo Diaz? Carmelo Anthony is half Puerto Rican. My boy from the Bronx, Garcia is decently athletic, not below average. Arroyo was atheletic but he had too many leg injuries which decreased his speed and leaping ability. You don't even know what "athleticism" means anyway, so no one here is going to take you seriously. You're most likely the least athletic guy in the forum talking about athleticism while you munch on a bag of doritos. Take your ignorance stereotypes out of this thread.

Great this thread has gotten ugly over the dumbest argument I've read yet.

quote:

quote:

I'll fully aware and cultured with respect to hispanic ancestry. Far more than you'd probably suspect. Which is why I knew Manu was Italian despite coming from Argentina. I'm not a rabid Manu fan and didn't need his bio to have knowledge of the obvious.

Attempting to claim Manu is a hispanic athlete would be like me claiming I was black if I was born in Africa.

The skin color has nothing to be with the hispanic term. Argentina is a hispanic country.

If he is not hispanic then he is not from Argentina.

Learn what hispanic means first

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hispanic