Sign in to follow this  
richnba

Poll:More important... Getting to .500 or making the playoffs

I guess I am simply defining a season as a success based on if we get to .500, for me me there is a differnce between a .500 and a below .500 season, one marks success and one marks failure, playoffs are big for me, but honestly I want this season to be a success more then this, a .500 record would most definetly get us in, but would simply getting into the playoffs make this season a success to you guys?

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I guess I am simply defining a season as a success based on if we get to .500, for me me there is a differnce between a .500 and a below .500 season, one marks success and one marks failure, playoffs are big for me, but honestly I want this season to be a success more then this, a .500 record would most definetly get us in, but would simply getting into the playoffs make this season a success to you guys?

What's the difference if we went 42-40 and got bounced in the first round, or went 40-42 and got bounced in the first round? I'm not follwing your logic right now. It's just a number that has no meaning. Chicago was the 7th seed last year and they gave Miami a good series, i'm pretty sure the Bulls were below the .500 mark...

quote:

If we make the playoffs I think there is a decent chance we could actually make some noise. If this team comes out and is competitive and maybe even wins a series then I couldn't care less if they finished the regular season below .500 or not.

I guess I am in the minority here in thinking being .500 at least being 41-41 would be huge for this team, an a neccessary step.

We havent been .500 for 4 years and being .500 is a step this team needs to do.

Making the playoffs is good, but the season does matter and once again getting there at .500 is different then getting there at 40-42 being .500 gives this team a sense of deserving, a sense of knowing they should be there.

A sense they earned it.....U say what is the difference is that u won half the games u played and beat half the teams u played.

The difference is that they would have gone 10-3 to end the season and the difference is a possible upset in the playoffs.

It is not simply a number it defines a season more then making the playoffs could ever do.

Yea ummm, if it is boring you, simply dont read it.

I am just trying to start up a good debate here about how people feel about this topic.

I am not trying to offend anyone and I am sure no one is trying to offend u Fan, so why dont u just concentrate on *****ing about the team and we will all venture on to other conversations.

This is great, I know Fan said something idiotic and confrontational but I don't know what it is. Ignorance is bliss...

quote:

I guess I am in the minority here in thinking being .500 at least being 41-41 would be huge for this team, an a neccessary step.

I get where you are coming from but are you factoring in that we have alot of players that need to get playoff experience? Its a differnet atmosphere on a national stage for at least four straight games having to adjust to the same team.

As long as we can get a win or two I think the playoffs gives us more tangible experience. Actually I entertain this fantasy that we might even make it out of the first round. We've played some good teams pretty competitively.

Yea I get what u r saying and I fully expect us to make the playoffs, and put up a fight simply because we are not as bad as our record looks....

I think come playoff time we would play like the Magic of the beggining of the season, but I would really like for this team to get to .500 as well as get to the playoffs, and I always been the type of person to feel getting to .500 as least gives the season some form of meaning.

But I get where u guys are getting at and I do full heartingly agree.

Now I would take playoffs and a below .500 record yes of course, and I would call the season a success if we play a very hard fought first round.

U know honestly after thinking it over a little, getting the palyoffs is big, we had a mid season a slide, and alot of things facotred into this, but right we just have to think about getting into the playoffs

If we can be .500 great, but if we get in at 40-42 that alone would say wonders of this team because tht syas that we overcame the adversity and we would be possibly the most dangerous team in the lower seedings....

And we could upset Miami or Cleveland.

quote:

We havent been .500 for 4 years and being .500 is a step this team needs to do.

what a great conclusion! < big thumbs up >

pff lol

quote:
This is great, I know Fan said something idiotic and confrontational but I don't know what it is. Ignorance is bliss...

how cute! Puts me on his ignore list but everytime I post something he still thinks about me, awww!! haha

Poor kiddo is traumatized, now I feel bad. Even after blocking me there's no way possible he can get off my d....

Man, talk about persistence!

Hey I got and idea man, homie, dogg, why dont u stick the ridiculous topics u make and let the rest of us discuss other things, we dont need ur approval or opinion because honestly I dont care what the hell u have to say anymore.

U never have anything constructive to say, and well u only seem to read what u want to...