Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

BRIAN HILL - WHAT IF's - Players..Play-offs..Otis..Vince ?

It's a slow day today...Nothing to paint.

I was just sitting here and started thinking about the B.Hill thing.

I BELIEVE, he won't be our CHAMPIONSHIP coach.

But as far as next year some thoughts entered my mind.

{ WHAT IFS }

1. What If - The players really like him.

Remember most of our guys are young and in the league only a short time... and Hill is adjusting a little.

2. What If - We make the play-offs...Which we're going to do.

Which hasn't been done for a few years.

3. What If - It's a way of making our guys grow up quicker...B.Hill Discipline

A part of Otis's plan to get us there quicker.

4. What If - Vince really likes Hill

Plays vet's first and Vince has been under him before. Did you see how Vince hugged Hill first?

I'm not trying to change any opinions...

just thinking about my own.

But I became curious...

If these things were true ...

would you adjust your opinion?

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

It's a slow day today...Nothing to paint.

I was just sitting here and started thinking about the B.Hill thing.

I BELIEVE, he won't be our CHAMPIONSHIP coach.

But as far as next year some thoughts entered my mind.

{ WHAT IFS }

1. What If - The players really like him.

Remember most of our guys are young and in the league only a short time... and Hill is adjusting a little.

2. What If - We make the play-offs...Which we're going to do.

Which hasn't been done for a few years.

3. What If - It's a way of making our guys grow up quicker...B.Hill Discipline

A part of Otis's plan to get us there quicker.

4. What If - Vince really likes Hill

Plays vet's first and Vince has been under him before. Did you see how Vince hugged Hill first?

I'm not trying to change any opinions...

just thinking about my own.

But I became curious...

If these things were true ...

would you adjust your opinion?

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

I don't like Brian Hill and have always hoped he gets fired. I think that out of the four, the most likely to be true is the fourth one. Vince had Brian as an assistant coach and I think Brian is a better assistant than a head coach.

JD, they all may be true but, to me, number one and number three are in conflict. I don't think anyone at their level likes to be disciplined. I remember the body language Dwight had last year when Brian didn't start him when he was late. You could see his disgust. Not because he's above the rules, but because if anyone deserves a break it would be him.

My biggest problem with Brian is that I think he antagonizes the players and it can destroy what we have here. If he was actually liked by the players, I would have to consider that.

If all four things were true, I guess we would keep Brian. Otis is not going to fire him if the players are against him leaving. If Carter is coming and states he likes Hill and would like Hill to be the coach, I can't see Otis firing him. Heck, he may not fire him even if they are all false.

As for me, I know Brian is not a good coach, but I don't know how bad he is compared to other coaches. Sure, Phil Jackson and Pat Riley are considered gods. But how does Brian rank within the rank and file? I don't know. I don't see anyone else enough to see how good or bad another coach is.

Is he above the average? Below the average? Only someone who sees a lot of games for all the teams can make a good judgement.

Jack, I would say number 1 could possibly be true. The players certainly have come out in the media and been very supportive of the coach. That certainly didn't happen when Penny and Shaq were here.

I agree with number two. I'm trying to be positive about making the post-season but to me it's a necessity.

Thoughts on number 4, could it be any more obvious after watching last night's game? Carter and Brian embraced each other and stood talking in what looked like an extremely cordial conversation for at least a couple of minutes when usually after games players and coaches alike are quickly heading to the shower room.

Brian Hill is a tyrant of this Orlando Magic team. Even though we all detest Hill so, Hill will hither here.

Face it, Brian Hill was making the frantic attempt to retain his position as head coach and the players helped him accomplish that goal. This will never end.........................

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Jack, I would say number 1 could possibly be true. The players certainly have come out in the media and been very supportive of the coach. That certainly didn't happen when Penny and Shaq were here.

I agree with number two. I'm trying to be positive about making the post-season but to me it's a necessity.

Thoughts on number 4, could it be any more obvious after watching last night's game? Carter and Brian embraced each other and stood talking in what looked like an extremely cordial conversation for at least a couple of minutes when usually after games players and coaches alike are quickly heading to the shower room.

No.3 - this is like boot camp for most of these guys...so why not have a drill sargent.