Sign in to follow this  
ReeceGaines

Frustrated Redick asking to play in D-League - O-Sentinel

Hey...new guy here. I've been reading the forums for a little while and decided to join and contribute my opinion. Remember, my opinion (some of you guys can be brutal).

The title of this forum caught my eye. If any one of us thought we could contibute to something we are good at and didn't get the opportunity to prove it, I think we would be as frustrated as JJ is. He's been with the Magic for 2 years and the only significate playing time has been this past pre-season and while he did good apparently that wasn't enough to give him some minutes. Injuries happen. Lewis spent most of the pre-season injured and while there was no chance he wasn't going to play, the team never had the chance to develop with him on the court until after the season started. Wonder what it would have been like on the floor during the pre-season if he had played and JJ was on the floor? We won't know.

I wouldn't write JJ off yet. I think he will get his minutes if he's patient. Between injuries and SVG's impatience with loosing sizeable leads he's going to have to give JJ his shot. If they are thinking about using him in a trade, they will have too. While I believe that if traded JJ will be one of the MANY young Magic players who over the years have thrived and have come back and proved it on the court, Otis and SVG better make sure they aren't doing the same thing.

Also, let's face it, some players have off-court value too. If the crowd is shouting JJ that could translate into ticket sales, especially with the current Brighthouse situation. He, like a few other Magic players, are out in the community. That's public relations.

Bottom line, I would be very surprised if JJ is traded, but if he is then as a JJ fan I would wish him well and hope he doesn't come back and hurt us to badly.

I was a Magic fan long before there was internet and message boards. To be honest I was a die hard Bulls fan in the Jordan days and still look in from time to time to see how they're doing. I followed Jordan and the Bulls through his ups and downs on and off the court. And I liked Craig Ehlo and Mark Price of the Cavaliers, John Stockton and Karl Malone of the Jazz, David Robinson on the Spurs, Larry "Grand MaMa" Johnson and Alonzo Mourning of the Charlotte Hornets, Penny Hardaway and Shaquille O'Neal of the Magic. Does that make me un-American?

The message was loud and clear when JJ made the statement. It won't get any better for him until a player gets hurt and it's highly unlikely that any player will go through the entire season without getting hurt. It's a very sad situation that a kid with a prolific shooting ability can't find a role on the team that drafted him.

It's like a kid coming out of college with a Master's Degree and has to settle for working at McDonald's because he has no experience but he can't get experience because he can't get a steady job.

If JJ cant get on the floor with this team, theres a problem. The Magic are turning into a jump shooters dream and he cant get on the floor at all? He was a great college player but somethings fishy in the house.

I have spotted JJ during TO's the last guy on the bench (way down at the end of the bench). No happy face, and not even close to the huddle on TO's. It may mean he is the odd man out....

I'm not trying to rain on J.J.'s dilemna but when 2 guys who haven't even officially practiced with the team play before him, and in a game where the Magic held a double digit lead for most of the game and he can't even get garbage minutes?

I agree with others, it looks as if something is not right.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I'm not trying to rain on J.J.'s dilemna but when 2 guys who haven't even officially practiced with the team play before him, and in a game where the Magic held a double digit lead for most of the game and he can't even get garbage minutes?

I agree with others, it looks as if something is not right.

Yeah, sad but true. is somethign dark beside this. Probably JJ gonna be traded to other team.

I can't blame Redick for being frustrated. I would challenge his competitiveness if he wasn't. I think that most coaches would appreciate a players determination and wanting to play. Of course there is a right way for a player to communicate it. As I said before there is something going on that we are not privy to. I am more confident of it especially after Saturday nights win.

Augustine didn't get any trash time either and he spent most of the night at the end of the bench with JJ rather than closer to the coaches. The writing is on the wall for both of them.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Augustine didn't get any trash time either and he spent most of the night at the end of the bench with JJ rather than closer to the coaches. The writing is on the wall for both of them.

Could be, but I doubt Augie is going anywhere just yet. He is a big guy which is a commodity in this league, not to mention he is still making league minimum. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade him right now, we couldn't get anything for him. JJ on the other hand, could definitely be useful on other teams.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

Could be, but I doubt Augie is going anywhere just yet. He is a big guy which is a commodity in this league, not to mention he is still making league minimum. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to trade him right now, we couldn't get anything for him. JJ on the other hand, could definitely be useful on other teams.

You're probably right, but now the two clean cut college boys are sitting while two veterans get whatever small minutes they might have gotten before. Doesn't look promising for either one unless something happens soon.