Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Acquire Brian Cook and Maurice Evans From L.A. Lakers

quote:
Originally posted by spenny:

quote:
If you want to trade Ariza fine, but that doesn't justify trading him for the black Pat Garrity.

Finally!! Someone seeing it my way lol

Uhh ... Garrity's PER over the last 4 years has never been above 9.15. Cook's PER hovers around 15. Comparing rotten apples to apples holds little weight.

I am having fun reading your posts, however, so please keep them coming. They are entertaining. I am sorry Otis has ruined your lives.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
If you want to trade Ariza fine, but that doesn't justify trading him for the black Pat Garrity.

Perhaps not (I actually think Evans is a more major piece of the deal), but the concept is right on with what we're trying to do. It's hard for us to critcize the move without knowing what other offers Otis was fielding and sending out.

Have to agree with you there. Evans was the man to covet in this trade. We got two players for one. But Evans is almost identical to Ariza. Cook isn't that great, matter of fact, he sucks. But to have him AND Evans, it isn't too bad and I see what Otis was thinking.

I can't wait for everyone to see Mo play though, he'll impress sooner than later. Trust me.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Anyway we have Dwight, Shard, Jameer and the Flu so no worries...we still will rule. Not even Otis can mess this up.

Hilarious! Who brought them in?

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

quote:

Uhh ... Garrity's PER over the last 4 years has never been above 9.15. Cook's PER hovers around 15. Comparing rotten apples to apples holds little weight.

i think u missunderstood the analogy. Well this is the way I saw it. Both are big men who can only shoot the 3ball. Plus Garrity is alot older then Cook and not getting the same minutes as Cook so you cant compare there PER's.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

Perhaps not (I actually think Evans is a more major piece of the deal), but the concept is right on with what we're trying to do. It's hard for us to critcize the move without knowing what other offers Otis was fielding and sending out.

Every trade this team has inquired about over the past year was shot down because teams wanted Ariza. Now we unload him for players who should be traded for 2nd round picks.

I'm not against acquiring Cook. I'm not against trading Ariza. But, trading Ariza for Cook is just pure incompentence.

Unless Ariza's VALUE has dipped remarkably since last year when severe teams wanted him, this is a piss poor trade and this trade is further evidence that Otis is a piss poor GM!

Drink the Kool-Aid all you want Otis apologists, but the emperor has to clothes, and it's been very apparent for about 15 months now.

It seems pretty simple to understand to me .If you have Ariza on the floor his defender will sag to the paint to help with Dwight considering he is only a descent slasher. I say descent because of ball handling ability when slashing he travels,gets stripped,and charges(or dunks on somebody) if the game was just about defense we should trade Dwight for Ben wallace.That being said I will miss him,but potential means jack we've waited long enough MAGIC FANS THE TIME IS NOW!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Anybody who justifies, rationalizes, or supports this trades is brain dead. I guess that would make Otis, the one who executed it, a functional tard.

Even if you like Cook, there's absolutely no reason to trade Ariza for him. It's simply mindnumbing to watch Otis waist asset after asset. Cook is a marginal player with a 3 year deal. The kind of player teams dump, not trade for coveted young players.

If we were willing to trade Ariza, he could have been used to facilitate a better deal with our expiring contracts. He could have been used to retain Darko.

The writing is on the wall and I garauntee you right now that we allow our expiring contracts to expire right here in Orlando and completely waist this golden opportunity. It is so unbelievable that this organization could be in the hands of somebody who is so completely clueless.

clueless is a person that wants to trade player like arroyo, dooling, and pat that have been actually getting mins and not trading a person that has barley got in the rotation.

i like ariza but there are reasons to trade him:

1 he is not getting mins

2 he is not fitting in the system

3 he will be unrestricted at the end of the season and we need to get something in return.

4 we need bench scoring

5 we needed a bigger body player

6 ariza cant shot (though he brings other things)

7 we are winning without ariza

as you see. there are reason if you look.

I'm not oppossed to trading Ariza. I said before the season started that he would be the odd man out in the rotation and we should trade him before we run his value into the dirt and end up trading him for scrubs like Brian Cook. Otis is predictably bad or I'm clairvoyent. Take your pick.

cook played good when there was shaq on the lakers. we have howard and cook value can show again. ariza will be a unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, no one would have given up much more. because they could lose him for nothing.

quote:
Originally posted by Sain:

Smack, Ariza hardly made it into the rotation thats why it makes sense.

And i'm sure SVG knows what he is doing. We are 10-2 last time I checked.

Yeah but Garrity did, and that makes even less sense

The only thing that would justify this is if the Magic think Ariza will never be the same, or improve after that injury. Ariza was averaging over double figure in points last year and was a great garbageman cleaning up missed shots around the basket with sheer athletiscism.

quote:

Anybody who justifies, rationalizes, or supports this trades is brain dead. I guess that would make Otis, the one who executed it, a functional tard.

true, LOL

For ToughBreak, who loves to praise everything moronic about the Magic, Otis didn't take us from 21 wins to this.. if you actually stop and think a LiL before you write...

Let's start at his choice for a coach that he took a month to make, Donovan.. great flop that turned out to be.

Yeah Otis is definitely a genius (sarcasm)

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

quote:

i think u missunderstood the analogy. Well this is the way I saw it. Both are big men who can only shoot the 3ball. Plus Garrity is alot older then Cook and not getting the same minutes as Cook so you cant compare there PER's.

What are talking about? Of course you can compare their PERs which adjusts for minutes played.

quote:
Every trade this team has inquired about over the past year was shot down because teams wanted Ariza. Now we unload him for players who should be traded for 2nd round picks.

I'm not against acquiring Cook. I'm not against trading Ariza. But, trading Ariza for Cook is just pure incompentence.

Unless Ariza's VALUE has dipped remarkably since last year when severe teams wanted him, this is a piss poor trade and this trade is further evidence that Otis is a piss poor GM!

Drink the Kool-Aid all you want Otis apologists, but the emperor has to clothes, and it's been very apparent for about 15 months now.

That's true, but it is the past. It's hard to say what offers we we're getting this year for him without being in The Know.

And I defend Otis because I trust his eye for talent. Many of us (including myself, who thought we should get the Vince "Always Injured" Carter) were screaming when we signed Lewis. But he's turned out to be exactly what we needed: a deadly three-point shooter and jump-shooter who takes the heat off Dwight. Otis saw those things. So I give him the benifit of the doubt.

And I'll take an ex-NBA players eye for talent over a hockey player or JG any day.