Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD...Magic vs Nuggets...We lose 111-101

quote:
Originally posted by HighClassTrash:

This team gives up when they get down late in the game....you can see that they don't even think they can win. If you don't think you're going to win, I can basically guarantee that you're not.

The Fire and the Heart to win is sitting on the bench. This team has no identity was so ever and will continue to be the lauging stock of the nba. At least some of the other bad teams have history to rest upon. Does Otis Smith even have a job or is it vacation here in FLA for him 24/7

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

quote:
Not even if both Arroyo and Nelson have terrible games does he put him in.

Fan, Arroyo did not have a terrible game, Jameer did, get off it.

if you say so..

Arroyo was bricking shots after hitting 2 shots, because he likes to take those out-of-the flow jumpers from 20 foot out, always.

Arroyo had a medidocre game, at best

Fan, he shot 3/8 attempts and the ones he missed were open not badly picked. He did put the team from a 16 deficit to a 3 point deficit before they took Howard out. Is that playing badly? Get off the bandwagon. I am mad we lost too.

Thats 37% not exactly stellar.. and I did see him a few jumpers that missed because he just didn't pass, came running and took those jumpers. He did ran to get open and didn't have a hand in the face, but most of the time that shot out of rythm like that doesn't go in.

In the end, Napoleon is the one that should be telling him what to do out there and he's clueless so.. we can't really fault arroyo.

And as you point it he took Howard out anyways, I mean his substitution "patterns" are so idiotic it looks like he wants to lose.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by FanSince1990:

quote:

quote:
Not even if both Arroyo and Nelson have terrible games does he put him in.

Fan, Arroyo did not have a terrible game, Jameer did, get off it.

if you say so..

Arroyo was bricking shots after hitting 2 shots, because he likes to take those out-of-the flow jumpers from 20 foot out, always.

Arroyo had a medidocre game, at best

Fan, he shot 3/8 attempts and the ones he missed were open not badly picked. He did put the team from a 16 deficit to a 3 point deficit before they took Howard out. Is that playing badly? Get off the bandwagon. I am mad we lost too.

Seriously, do you post about ANYTHING else but Jameer/Arroyo? It seems all you do is talk about Jameer's shortcomings, how about look at your boy. Neither of them are perfect but Jameer is better, and more to the point IS the starter. The quicker you accept that fact the less you will have to talk about it!.

Explain again how Jameer had a "terrible" game?

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

WOULD YOU GUYS SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT COACH HILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THIS COMPLAINING MAKES THIS BOARD NO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE JUST SAYS THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M TIRED OF HIM TOO, BUT QUIT ******NG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou!!!!!! I might sticky this post!

What this loss proves is that Brian Hill would rather lose than play JJ Redick.

It's a sad state of affairs with the Magic. And what's worse is that Otis would rather just shrug his shoulders at the press and respond that he's got other things to worry about. I'd say he's got a huge problem and that problem is Brian Hill. Remember Otis, we fans pay your bills and when we start demanding change, then shrugging your shoulders at them and the press isn't going to get you much support. Most of the season has been wasted on excuses. It's time to do something about it and last night's game is a direct result of poor coaching.

DENVER -- Too many turnovers, too slow defensively and two guys they never had a chance against all added up to another painful loss for the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

The Denver Nuggets avenged an early-season loss in Orlando by pounding the Magic 111-101 behind all-stars Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony, who had 34 and 23 points, respectively.

It was the fifth loss in six games for the Magic (28-31) since the all-star break. Coupled with Miami's victory over Washington, the Magic dropped to No. 9 in the Eastern Conference and out of the playoff picture.

Adding to the problem was yet another injury to Grant Hill, who left late in the second quarter and never returned because of a sore left foot, a problem that has lingered through much of the season.

Dwight Howard led the Magic with 23 points and 12 rebounds, but he also contributed to the downfall with four turnovers. The Magic were hurt by 25 turnovers and the inability to cope with the quickness of Iverson and Anthony.

"It just didn't look like we had anything in the tank,'' Magic Coach Brian Hill said. "We were a step behind defensively, all night long. I don't know why.''

Hill missed seven games in February with a sprained right knee, and he missed three games from Dec. 30 to Jan. 5, also with that sore left foot. He skipped three games early in the season -- all on the second half of back-to-back nights -- as a precaution against possible injury.

He missed most of his first four seasons with the Magic because of multiple surgeries with his left ankle, and he played only 21 games last season because of a hernia.

"It's sore on the top of my midfoot. A couple of days rest and it should be all right,'' Hill said as he limped out of the locker room. "It was bothering me before the game, and I tried to get it loose. It's actually been bothering me, and I've been getting treatment for it most of the season. Hopefully, I can get it ready for the weekend.''

The Magic will play Friday in San Antonio and Saturday in Dallas. Although the team said he is questionable, it's likely that he won't play again until next week when they return home Monday against Milwaukee.

When the Magic beat the Nuggets in Orlando early this season, it was the reserves who won the game. Keyon Dooling, Carlos Arroyo and Trevor Ariza combined to score 48 points back in November. It didn't happen this time.

Iverson struggled in the first half when he hit just 2 of 10 shots, but he dominated the second half with 27 points. He hit 7 of 9 shots for 15 points in the third when the Nuggets took charge of the game.

The Magic never led in the second half. They closed to 81-79 early in the fourth, fell behind by 13, then closed again to within five.

This was the second time this month the Magic failed to build on a big victory. They beat the Spurs in dramatic fashion Feb. 9, then collapsed the next game against New Jersey. They beat the Bulls in Chicago on Monday, then struggled Wednesday against the Nuggets.

"We're just not putting good games together to really get any momentum,'' said Hedo Turkoglu, who had 12 points but struggled trying to slow Anthony. "When you have that many turnovers, you're making it easy for the other team.''

Point guard Jameer Nelson led the turnover binge. He had seven turnovers and 16 points. Turkoglu had five turnovers.

"The turnovers have got to stop,'' Brian Hill said. "You just can't go on like this.''

The Nuggets led 46-44 at halftime, riding a good start by Anthony, who had nine points in the first quarter, getting three dunks and a layup as he easily parted the Magic defense.

The Magic started like Team Turnover, giving away nine miscues in the first quarter, which was much like they finished in Chicago on Monday, when they won despite 27 turnovers.

Howard was limited to just 12 minutes and eight points in the first half because of early foul trouble. It didn't help that Darko Milicic also was limited early because of foul problems.

Keith Bogans started the second half in place of Hill.

Tim Povtak can be reached at tpovtak@orlandosentinel.com.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

<Seriously, do you post about ANYTHING else but Jameer/Arroyo? It seems all you do is talk about Jameer's shortcomings, how about look at your boy. Neither of them are perfect but Jameer is better, and more to the point IS the starter. The quicker you accept that fact the less you will have to talk about it!.

Explain again how Jameer had a "terrible" game?>

Adam, too many attempted shots and 7 turnovers is really horrendous for a PG. I have pointed out several times that Jameer needs to be given an opportunity to perform yet he is not taking advantage of it. Give Carlos and Diener the same. I have allways defended Howards and Arizas playing and given credit for Darkos improvement. I have defended more time for JJ especially with Carlos and criticized severely the underpar performance of Turk during the season. I have agreed with the general consensus that Grant affects everybodys game and should be in the bench and I agree that you are biased too in your comments . When Carlos does badly he has to take the criticisim, when jameer does the same this board allows us to comment accordingly in a respectful way.

denver used 8 players. we used 11 and we are slow and tired. phoenix used 7 players last night and they run. maybe we are just not in shape or just not prepared. the part of our game that is slow is passing and that is why we have so many turn overs. we only shot 48 percent brcause of dunks. no one respects our shooters and that is why its so hard to beat the double teams. why not give jj a chance and see what happens in the post. the only one to not play. orlando needs a new coach now. until then we are doomed.jacklj

im sure somebody has already mentioned this somewhere, but i dont feel like reading all 18 pages. why did every call that could have been a blocking foul go against us, yet on the other end for the most part the nuggets got the block call. i mean one play pat garrity flops, no call...next play down the court, jameer nelson called for an offensive foul. not blaming the game on the officials, but it just seems that magic always get the crap end on those "toss-up" calls where the benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the offensive player. i forget who it was for denver, but his feet were CLEARLY in the restricted area, but he STILL got the offensive foul call against the magic.